Re: Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Postby Ghost on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:17 pm

FJ540 wrote:Image

One cleaning cycle and your Glock's gonna be screaming 911. :didntdoit:

Don't forget to dial 1 first. 1911 ;)
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:13 pm

FJ540 wrote:Yet we have $160 .45 HiPoint's and can't buy a .22lr for $230.

The law needs to go. How expensive is Cornish's introducing a bill? He's your prize pony for gun rights, so he should take the bill with vigor, right? (I won't hold my breath waiting)

So you have personal issues with Cornish. I get that. Does not make helping an anti with their research right.
Holland&Holland

Postby Seismic Sam on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:24 am

ttousi wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Well, I have a challenge out there to anybody who says that "it's well known that Glocks and other plastic guns are Nylon 6" : Let's see one PUBLISHED literature reference that identifies what plastic a Glock is made of, WITH data and citations. The patent literature is COMPLETELY mute on any details, and apparently it's possible to be a "Glock lifer" without having EVER entered the Glock manufacturing facility. And no, crap off the internet doesn't count.

found it!!!!!!

Glock pistols are composed of Nylon 666-g14 Crosslinked polymers which are covalently bonded to form macromolecular structurally high tensile material with the strength composed of multiple repeating units.

The process is known to utilize isoprenylated/lipid-modified glycoproteins, where small lipidic molecules and oligosaccharide modifications occur on the polyamide backbone of the protein which in turn creates polysaccharides. These polysaccharides are the basis for molecular changes that occur in the manufacture of the liquidious sub component of the radicalized free proton globouski which combined with the secret crosslink substrate form the finished product. This process is completed at the temperature of 250 degrees Celsius in a vacuumnized vessel made of unobtainiam

The chemical make up is as closely guarded as the original Coke formula. I called in a lot of favors to get this much

Translation: he had to roll over in bed and sock it hard to "Big Red" one more time before she screamed out the above. Due to the fact that Engrish is not her first language, a lot of the words above are gibberish or made up.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby ttousi on Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:26 am

:rotf:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby FJ540 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Holland&Holland wrote: Does not make helping an anti with their research right.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

If this were somehow enforced to poly frames, instead of selectively enforced on zinc alloy slides, you'd have every police officer in the state needing a new side arm and patrol rifle. That's how dumb and pervasive this law would become. It'd get struck down on lack of evidence that these are "dangerous" weapons. There's just no proof it's a functional problem. The laws are ancient, and need to be revisited to be repealed. Just hoping it's not enforced because it's currently only enforced when trying to bring a cheap .22lr into the state is not a good practice.
FJ540

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 am

Well, I have a suggestion:

Can we all agree that the next time Russtra comes in here, EVERYBODY ignores him, starting with ME??? I hereby solemly pledge to STFU with this PITA, and you can give me all the grief you want if I open my mouth.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 am

:bravo:
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Russstra on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Ignoring the melting point there is the ultimate tensile strength part of the law. So I really don't understand your argument. Almost none of the modern poly guns pass on that.... Also half the time I log in I cannot post so that's part of it. Secondly I work a lot.
Russstra

Postby FJ540 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Well, I have a suggestion:

Can we all agree that the next time Russtra comes in here, EVERYBODY ignores him, starting with ME??? I hereby solemly pledge to STFU with this PITA, and you can give me all the grief you want if I open my mouth.

So you're conceding defeat on my challenge?

One "cleaning cycle" and if you can drop a mag free with the release and gravity, I'll buy it for price paid on the reciept for a 19 (or similar - NO .40's or gap junk).

Or, you can just admit a poly gun won't make it out alive and this law should go. :)
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:43 pm

FJ540 wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Well, I have a suggestion:

So you're conceding defeat on my challenge?

One "cleaning cycle" and if you can drop a mag free with the release and gravity, I'll buy it for price paid on the reciept for a 19 (or similar - NO .40's or gap junk).

Or, you can just admit a poly gun won't make it out alive and this law should go. :)

Your challenge would make more sense if you were testing one of the weapons that you can't buy to prove that you should be able to buy it.

There is no point in trying to prove something that's legal shouldn't be.

Your challenge is not what the law says, liquidous and deformed are not the same.
Ghost

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Hey FJ If i make it to lunch this month I will bring you a glock keychain, they are made of scrap material in the manufacturing process - or so I am told. You can throw that in the oven during a cleaning cycle and take pics of what is left.
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby FJ540 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Ghost wrote:
Your challenge is not what the law says, liquidous and deformed are not the same.

My challenge doesn't meet the threshold of the law's melting point either. My oven is not a Binford 9000, it's just a 500F conventional 220v household unit we got out of a friends house when they upgraded. I'm confident, but open to being proven wrong - thus willing to purchase the specimen should it succeed. I did 4 credits of synthetic composites in college 15 years ago, so I'm no expert, but I am familiar with fiber reinforced nylon from the engineering side. I also did a short stretch at the performance films pilot plant at 3M, so I've seen how plastic is manipulated to achieve some rather impressive mechanical changes and was able to learn some stuff from those engineers I was working with too.

Sam's a damn smart dude, and I hope he realizes this challenge is meant as a friendly wager and not something to make him look bad. We're all students at some point, this one could be a lesson for all to benefit from.

I'm not sure where I'll be next week Donn, but it's hopeful I'll be making lunch.
FJ540

Postby Seismic Sam on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Damn FJ, you left Sam Speechless.....I'm guessing this is a 1st
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ironbear on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Sam's been backed down before... but make sure you show your work and cite your (good) references! :;-)
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat