Quality Airsoft handguns

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Quality Airsoft handguns

Postby cobb on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am

I did a search and never really found what i was looking for.

For those of you that are familiar with Airsoft products, Which are considered a better choice and which should be avoiuded because they are junk? I am going to be attending some force on force training and I wanted to bring my own quality Airsoft handgun than use one of their loner. What should I look for or avoid? What other items, like pellets and face protection, which is preferred?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Re: Quality Airsoft handguns

Postby Bessy on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:05 am

cobb wrote:I did a search and never really found what i was looking for.

For those of you that are familiar with Airsoft products, Which are considered a better choice and which should be avoiuded because they are junk? I am going to be attending some force on force training and I wanted to bring my own quality Airsoft handgun than use one of their loner. What should I look for or avoid? What other items, like pellets and face protection, which is preferred?

Here are some that the comp crowd has been using

http://www.drazymetalworks.com/servlet/the-Airsoft-Pistols/Categories
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Stradawhovious on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 am

I would check http://www.unholstered.com. Ron has a 1911 clone (I'm assuming this is what you're looking for) metal frame gas airsoft with blowback action there for as cheap as I have ever seen them. I've shot it before, and it seems to be of nice quality. Right now I'm $40 short of buying one from him. But plan on it in the near future. He's got lots of other models as well
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby cobb on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

I would much prefer to go through Ron, but my priority is to get recommendations from those that play with the Airsoft equipment and have some insight as to what has been working for them and their friends.

I do like the Colt 1911 MKIV that is on the Unholstered web site.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby westhope on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

I've been thinking the same thing for this year Cobb.

Get a quality 1911 air soft. For fun, no force on force training planned. Let me know what you decide and how it works.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby hammAR on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 pm

cobb wrote:I do like the Colt 1911 MKIV that is on the Unholstered web site.

I have been using that one for about two weeks and using it on a "range" set up in basement........
seems to be reliable so far as I have been through a can of "powder" and 2000 or so rounds......
fits well in my 1911 holsters, weight and balance good, so holster work and target acquisition are damn close to real,
I am going to order the Colt M1911 A1 just because I prefer it....
would I recommend it for "practice", yes....
don't know what force-force training you are considering, but they do make marker munitions for it too.......

NOTE TO RON: It initially shot a little low, but since it is not a forged barrel,
it tunes well, and shoots far better without the sights........ :P
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby prushin on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Cobb,

I have had a KWA G19 for about 2 years now and I love it. The gun is an almost exact duplicate of my Glock. It weighs the same, the balance is very close, and it cycles the same as my Glock. The slide is weighted pretty heavily at the back to match recoil on a 9mm and it does a very good job of it.

I had heard some bad reviews of KWA vs. KSC products but I have had no issues at all with my KWA. I spoke to my father-in-law about the issues of Taiwan (KWA) vs. Japan (KSC). He has a lot of friends in Asian manufacturing and one of them assured me that the only difference between the 2 companies is that KSC does a 2nd QC check before they ship the guns. The guns are made in the same factory in Taiwan.

The reason behind my research was close to your reason...I was invited to a force on force session and didn't want to be stuck with someone's cast-off. I couldn't find anyone who could ship the more expensive KSC when I needed it. So I checked around on the cheaper version (KWA) and found out that it was pretty much a GMC vs. Chevy argument.

So KSC or KWA would be no problem. I love mine.
prushin

Postby Stradawhovious on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

hammAR wrote:NOTE TO RON: It initially shot a little low, but since it is not a forged barrel,

I think these are of the "hop up" variety, and can be adjusted. Not 100 percent on that though. I'd bet Ron knows.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby westberg on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Code: Select all
NOTE TO RON: It initially shot a little low, but since it is not a forged barrel,

Thanks for the tune up, I know sights are over rated, even when I do use them I still miss.
westberg

Postby cobb on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

prushin wrote:The reason behind my research was close to your reason...I was invited to a force on force session and didn't want to be stuck with someone's cast-off.

The force on force that I plan to attend is Gabe Suarez "Extreme Close Range Gunfighting". I have been through Gabe's "Close Range Gunfighting", but that is all live ammo on targets. The "Extreme Close Range Gunfighting" is some live fire, but mostly actual force on force, therefor the need for the Airsoft and protective equipment. Gabe will supply the handgun, but I would prefer something that fits most of my gear, so it will be a 1911 style.

I had in the past done some research on KWA, KSC and others, but can't remember which was which, good or bad.

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby Bessy on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm

cobb wrote:The force on force that I plan to attend is Gabe Suarez "Extreme Close Range Gunfighting". I have been through Gabe's "Close Range Gunfighting", but that is all live ammo on targets. The "Extreme Close Range Gunfighting" is some live fire, but mostly actual force on force, therefor the need for the Airsoft and protective equipment. Gabe will supply the handgun, but I would prefer something that fits most of my gear, so it will be a 1911 style.

Cobb look down... see that X....... get off it. GET OFF THE X COBB!!!..... GET OFFFF THE XXXXXXXX!!!
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby cobb on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Bessy wrote:Cobb look down... see that X....... get off it. GET OFF THE X COBB!!!..... GET OFFFF THE XXXXXXXX!!!

Never got told twice, I moved either to the 10 or the 2.

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING

cobb

Postby hammAR on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm

cobb wrote:
Bessy wrote:Cobb look down... see that X....... get off it. GET OFF THE X COBB!!!..... GET OFFFF THE XXXXXXXX!!!

Never got told twice, I moved either to the 10 or the 2.

Yep, you been trained...............most would stand there and either pick their nose or emit bodily fluids.............. ;)
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby westhope on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 am

Are there any stores in the metro area (or south of the metro) that stock and sell the good airsoft hanguns so I can try or at least "feel" them before buying one?
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby westberg on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 am

westhope wrote:Are there any stores in the metro area (or south of the metro) that stock and sell the good airsoft hanguns so I can try or at least "feel" them before buying one?

I have a standing offer to let anyone try any of our air soft gun, just need to make arrangements.

You may try looking for any paint ball gun retailers, not GM, but some stores that specialize in them.
westberg

Next

Return to General Gun Chat