wish our shows where like this

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

wish our shows where like this

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Took a day off of playing in LA$ VEGA$ to go to a gun show. Expensive at $4 parking and $14 to get in but WOW!! I took almost 5 hours to go through it and since I wasn't really buying I didn't spend much time looking at individual items. If I shopped it like I would a local show it would be a 2 day show ($14 gets you into both days BTW). Pics don't show anything actual selling item wise just idea of how big the show was. Pics are from cell phone so quality isn't the best.

Also found out where Benny really goes when he goes to LV :twisted: 1st pic

Show pics are half the length, kind of diagonal and 3/4 of the width. - Pallets of ammo and a gazillion guns
Attachments
benny's.jpg
GSwidth.jpg
GShalfshow.jpg
GShalflgth.jpg
Last edited by LarryFlew on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: wish our shows where like this

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Crossroads of the West and apparently they do shows across the Southwest states. One vendor had 2 full pallets of 9mm 1000 boxes as an example. Another had 30 different AR15's. One had over 3000 magazines for EVERYTHING. All appeared to be priced below what I have seen here. IE ammo pricing was at Walmart prices like $23 for WWB 9mm. One odd thing I noticed was that there were a LOT of small 380 pistols and ZERO 380 ammo. Was kind of looking for a small 32 of which there where none but every ammo dealer had 32 ammo.

If you ever get a chance to go to a Crossroads show DO IT.
LarryFlew

Postby MNIceMan on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

I went to one of their shows 2 years ago in Vegas and there was a lot of non firearm related goods being sold. It was only $3 to park and $12 to enter back then.
MN DNR FAS Instructor
NRA Life Member
"We all have our own Green Mile to walk. How will yours be?"
MNIceMan

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 pm

I'd guess about 1/4 of stuff was non-firearm like the best beef jerky I ever tasted type stuff or hunting and army surplus clothes. By far the majority was gun related. I was most impressed by the amount to ammo and the prices of ammo. Since I was not really looking much at guns I can't say a lot about the pricing but it also seemed a bit better than ours are up here but could be just the competition at the show. Some mfg areas like DPMS where really large and a LOT of stuff.
LarryFlew

Return to General Gun Chat