Inexpensive FFL Transfer

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Inexpensive FFL Transfer

Postby xd ED on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Nothing in PO regs like that since you don't tell them what is in the package. See regs above.

Everything I read said to inform the shipper that the shipment was a firearm. There were also references made to the USPS having the authority to open and inspect. GunBroker has a 'help' page with quite a bit of information.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jibble on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

The Gun Stop in Minnetonka is definitely less than $50. I think I recall them being $20... but that was years ago. Best shop in the Cities, IMHO.
Jibble

Postby Rem700 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm

The last gun I shipped via the USPS I asked if they wanted to verify the gun being unloaded, The nice lady at the counter replied that even if I showed her she wouldnt really know if it was or wasnt loaded and took me at my word that it wasnt.
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby Globeflyer on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks for all the great references.

After calling around and talking to a lot of people that don't know anything about guns or how their employers ships them (UPS, FEDex, USPS), I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't save much money and definitely don't want to have a "situation" big or small when I go to ship. I could get lucky and stumble upon someone that knows their stuff, but...

Anyway, Im gonna stick with my FFL on this one. Its $50 for everything so I guess I can't complain. Hes cardboard boxing it and dealing with the shipping/insurance/receiving ffl. His fee is the same as ThunderJohn's, who by the way was very prompt and extremely helpful in answering my PM. I'll definitely be in contact with him soon.

Thanks again
Globeflyer

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat