Good places to shoot in town??

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Good places to shoot in town??

Postby hicap45z on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:I'm overdue for some trigger time so I'm planning on going at 7 this coming Thursday.

C'mon Pat, sneak out of work a little early and join us at 5:00. We're more fun.

The 7:00 group has been a little sparse lately anyway, and I haven't seen Mark at it. Just doc and his buddy.

Z
hicap45z

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Rem700 wrote:Thanks for the info thus far, How long does this last every thursday until? Is this structured like IDPA or is it stand and deliver? Do you just go upstairs and tell them your there for league night down stairs? Might just be a means of passing the winter a little faster.

Every Thursday until people lose interest or the universe collapses. It's been going more or less continuously, with some turnover of organizers, for several years. It was my first organized (I use the term loosely) shooting after I bought my first handgun, which was eight years ago.
Just show up downstairs, early enough to introduce yourself & BS with the league crowd, who will probably be most of the people loitering in the lounge, then go to the counter to fill out a form, pay your money and pick up a score sheet.
Pat Cannon

Postby Pat Cannon on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:34 pm

hicap45z wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:I'm overdue for some trigger time so I'm planning on going at 7 this coming Thursday.

C'mon Pat, sneak out of work a little early and join us at 5:00. We're more fun.

The 7:00 group has been a little sparse lately anyway, and I haven't seen Mark at it. Just doc and his buddy.

Z

Hmm. I think I will.
Pat Cannon

Postby Aceq2jot on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:14 pm

macphisto wrote:CMJ, I'm planning on being at Bill's South this Thursday around 4PM to check this thing out and maybe shoot both sessions. Care to join?

What we may see you at Bills ;) You definately are getting your money's worht out of that membership ;)
Really i am your worst Nightmare, for i walk the night and the cover of darkness belongs to me :D

You cant make a pile of Dog shat smell like a rose a bunch of Roses, so why try ???
Aceq2jot

Postby cmj685 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Matt,
Thinking seriously of doing it. Have to see how the little wifey will be about me going to IDPA on Sunday and another league on Thursday, but you might guess, knowing me a bit, that she will actually probably be more than happy that I will be gone again! Let's talk in a day or two.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby Einthoven's Triangle on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:03 am

Dakotah rents firearms although not as much as Bills...
Einthoven's Triangle

Postby lenny7 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 am

Einthoven's Triangle wrote:Burnsville Pistol Range
Lane Rental Fees
One person with one gun $12.00 - unlimited time
Additional person $5.00 each (maximum of 3 persons per lane)
Additional gun $4.00 (each person is charged for a maximum of 2 guns)
OR
1 lane for a half hour $10.00 (must request when logging in)

BPR also has a couple of membership programs:

Megashooter: $380/year
You may bring as many guns as you wish and a guest on the same lane,
Unlimited shooting with no range fees.

Frequent Shooter: $125/year
Normal range fees are cut in half, for one year.

Shot Card: $110/ 10 punches
Good for 10 visits. You may bring an extra gun and/or a guest for a punch.

I get the shot card. It doesn't save much for one person shooting one gun, but I usually bring 2 or more guns and often have a buddy with me.
lenny7

Postby Andrew Rothman on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:58 pm

A while back I evaluated the membership deals at Bill's and Burnsville.

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... 3618#43973

Here's what I came up with:

BILL'S:

For this simple comparison, I'm ignoring the following. Your mileage may vary.
* Intangible benefits, like the free gun cleaning room,
* trivial benefits, like three paper targets,
* eye and ear protection (almost $5 each at Walmart; frequent shooters have these things),
* lane rental passes (if you can shoot for free, why do you need these?), and
* dubious benefits, like FFL transfers for "only" $25, or 10% off of ammo that costs twice what it does at Walmart or a sporting goods store.

I also assumed that a frequent shooter would purchase the 20-pack of range tokens for $250 ($12.50 each), which never expire.

So, in my opinion, if you shoot with a partner more than twice a month, or alone more than once a week, definitely get the Bronze membership.

BURNSVILLE:

Burnsville Pistol Range's membership options:

If you shoot more than one gun, or with a partner, a Burnsville membership pays for itself within 16 visits a year.
Andrew Rothman

Postby Rem700 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Bills is offering one free range pass with each gift card purchase of $50 or more, Max of 5 free range passes.
So if you bought 5-$50 gift certificates and used them to buy $250 worth of tokens plus you get 5 additional free range passes :roll:
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
Thomas Jefferson

If your not behind our troops please stand infront of them.
Rem700

Postby Andrew Rothman on Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:16 pm

I like that idea. $10 range visits.

Rem700 wrote:Bills is offering one free range pass with each gift card purchase of $50 or more, Max of 5 free range passes.
So if you bought 5-$50 gift certificates and used them to buy $250 worth of tokens plus you get 5 additional free range passes :roll:
Andrew Rothman

Postby 642rUS on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Andrew Rothman wrote:A while back I evaluated the membership deals at Bill's and Burnsville.

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... 3618#43973

Great job, Andrew. Thanks.
642rUS

Postby lenny7 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 am

Andrew Rothman wrote:A while back I evaluated the membership deals at Bill's and Burnsville.

Nice chart! You analyze these things like I do.

Folks can do their own math to update the numbers, but the at the BPR, the Frequent Shooter membership is now $125/year and the shot card is now $110 for 10 punches. Also, the base rate is $10 for a half hour, $12 for unlimited time. I always seem to spend about 45 minutes there.

Your chart indicates that with the shot card you pay more for extra guns or an extra person but that's not the case. Any extra guns or and extra person is included. Perhaps you meant that column to be the base rate.

I hope I don't sound nit-picky, I just wanted to make sure folks know the new fees.
lenny7

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat