Man arrested for defending his home with an AK

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Man arrested for defending his home with an AK

Postby rtk on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by rtk on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Re: Man arrested for defending his home with an AK

Postby PhilaBOR on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Who needs an assault weapon or a high capacity magazine? Maybe he should have only fired 1 round in the ground. 25 bad guys, 4 rounds to spare.

With those odds, I'd prefer a SAW or 240...
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby 1911fan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:43 am

Yeah, pretty harsh to press charges on a guy who takes on 20+ "social network organization" members in his own front yard. I would have really like to see him open up on the thugs who said they would kill his baby. I hope the LEO who arrested him and the prosecutors who are going after this guy are sitting watch in his drive way protecting his family. This is a case where his house has become a target and he won't be safe until his new zip code starts with another number...Sure its Long Island, but come on, He's defending his family. The NRA should step in and provide the best lawyering available, make this a real pain for the County who's got him in lockup. IF something happens to his family while he's away, I would sue the County and the people themselves.
1911fan

Postby FJ540 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 am

This is simply disgusting.
FJ540

Postby PileDriver on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 am

This guy kinda lost me at the warning shots part. Never been part of any class I've been to, and seems to go against a lot of principles we have. Agreed the charges are more than harsh, though.
PileDriver

Postby ijosef on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

Well of course he was arrested. He threatened a bunch of disadvantaged youths who, through no fault of their own, were forced into a life of crime due to lack of opportunities. He selfishly took his position of white privilege for granted and refused to pay back what he stole from the minority community. :mrgreen:

I bet MS-13 is going to come back and get "revenge" on this guy (or shoot at his house from a moving car) because he "disrespected" them. Sometimes I think it would be easier if we had satellite technology that could spot gangbangers from space and zap them dead with lasers. I deal with these idiots everyday and trust me, the world will have lost nothing.

Hopefully the grand jury (or regular jury) will find this guy not guilty.
ijosef

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:17 am

Let's face it - he should have retreated into his house and locked the doors, and then he could have legally shot every scumbg who broke in. Interesting that this community has the technology to pinpoint gunshot sounds - you think they got a gang problem or something??

Oh, and since when has being able to pinpoint the sound of shots from a drive-by been useful?? By the time that system spits out the address, the bad guys are 6 blocks away and accelerating.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby plblark on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

the faster the Bolance rolls, the faster the help can arrive for victims.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby macphisto on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:27 am

plblark wrote:the faster the Bolance rolls, the faster the help can arrive for victims.

You talkin bout branga da ambalamps?
macphisto

Postby 1911fan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:53 pm

No dude be talkin boud the Ambi-lance, whach yud be axin stuupid az questins like dat fo, beeyatch
1911fan

Postby timwarner on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 pm

You think they would have made such a big deal about just popping a couple of em, and havin them probably found with gang tatts and weapons?

I would say death threats to you and your family, by a group of aggressive individuals would meet the "fear of grave bodily harm" part.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby macphisto on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

timwarner wrote:You think they would have made such a big deal about just popping a couple of em, and havin them probably found with gang tatts and weapons?

I would say death threats to you and your family, by a group of aggressive individuals would meet the "fear of grave bodily harm" part.

Immediate, though? Also, escape into the house is practical.

Who was your instructor?
macphisto

Postby timwarner on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 pm

instructor fer what?
Some guy told me once shootin the ground is a miss, if you're gonna shoot at least hit somethin worth hittin.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby 1911fan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Mac, we don't know the layout of the lot, it may be that to seek shelter in the home, he would have had to leave a rear sitting garage or driveway and advance into them. who knows, If I was impaneled on his Jury, I would have let him walk if corroborating evidence, (gang tats on the decedent, etc) were found. I am clearly of the "Im not going looking for a fight" crowd when its me vs 20 or so, but If I got the AK and they are advancing, thats a clear threat to me and mine,
1911fan

Postby macphisto on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

He had to go inside to grab the rifle and tell his wife to call 911...should have stayed there.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

That ^^^ + warning shots = dumb & dumber
macphisto

Next

Return to General Gun Chat