today is a good day....

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: today is a good day....

Postby dcam on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Congrats! I just received mine on Thursday (zactly the 30th day!). I'm curious, is MV Anoka, or Ramsey Co?
dcam

Postby monschman on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Now its time to go to walmart with that gat and walk around for a while
monschman

Postby Viseprints on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:24 am

Congrats. So how are you going to handle the situation when you are carrying, the car is blocks away in a ramp, and the business you need to enter says "No guns allowed on premises"? Just wondering as I find myself in that situation sometimes.
Viseprints

Postby monschman on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:44 am

What?????? ;)
monschman

Postby VikesFan1 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:13 am

monschman wrote:Now its time to go to walmart with that gat and walk around for a while

Haha. The S.W.T.C. (Sam Walton Training Center).
Sent from my NES using up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A!

RIP Pete aka 1911fan
VikesFan1

Postby mmarino on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Mv is Ramsey co.
i did go everywhere with it i was looking for excuses to leave the house :lol:
and as far as the "no guns allowed" i haven't been in the situation where i "needed" to go into the store/business. if they don't trust me on how i decide to keep myself safe, i don't trust them to do business with
mmarino

Postby Viseprints on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Comcast Cable, all banks, several other businesses where I need to go to pay bills have signs posted. I'm not talking about the hardware store, grocery store, etc. Just wondering.
Viseprints

Postby FirearmFan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Congratulations I remember when I got mine a little over 3 years ago right when I turned 21, also from MV (Ramsey County). It only took Fletcher a little over a week to send me mine.
FirearmFan

Postby Mjollnir on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:31 am

I just had that nightmare where: I'm at work, and I forgot to disarm.
Haven't had that nightmare since the first week I started carrying 1 year ago. :D

Regarding posted signs prohibiting my handgun, I believe in the "Don't ask, don't tell," policy.

Welcome to the carrying community.
Don't embarrass us.

No pressure.

;)
Walk softly, and carry a big stick.
Mjollnir

Postby RobD on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:42 am

Viseprints wrote:Comcast Cable, all banks, several other businesses where I need to go to pay bills have signs posted. I'm not talking about the hardware store, grocery store, etc. Just wondering.

First off, not ALL banks. Second, I would wager 90% of those signs are non-compliant, so they are meaningless anyway, Finally, read up on the penalties for not obeying the signs...
MN 624.714 ]Subd. 17 wrote:(a) A person carrying a firearm on or about his or her person or clothes under a permit or otherwise who remains at a private establishment knowing that the operator of the establishment or its agent has made a reasonable request that firearms not be brought into the establishment may be ordered to leave the premises. A person who fails to leave when so requested is guilty of a petty misdemeanor. The fine for a first offense must not exceed $25. Notwithstanding section 609.531, a firearm carried in violation of this subdivision is not subject to forfeiture.

So if they spot your gun, they have to ask you to leave before you are trespassing.

Let's say you ignore them... then you are trespassing.

You then decide to wait until the police come.

Police come, give you a $25 petty misdemeanor ticket, and issue you a trespass notice, and make you leave.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby Viseprints on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you very much, RobD. I have taken the CCW course 2 times (first time the original law was challenged so had to retake when license came up for renewal) and don't recall being told that. Still, I should have checked it out. I will run a copy for my future use. A supervisor I used to work with always said, "Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission." Don't know if that applies here, but my LCP in a pocket holster look like a wallet bulge, nothing more.
Viseprints

Postby ttousi on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Viseprints wrote:Thank you very much, RobD. I have taken the CCW course 2 times (first time the original law was challenged so had to retake when license came up for renewal) and don't recall being told that. Still, I should have checked it out. I will run a copy for my future use. A supervisor I used to work with always said, "Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission." Don't know if that applies here, but my LCP in a pocket holster look like a wallet bulge, nothing more.

The entire statute can be found in the reference section

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6814
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat