Cabelas "Employee pricing"

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Cabelas "Employee pricing"

Postby mnmike59 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 pm

I received a coupon in the mail yesterday stating I have until 01/15/2011 to purchase anything in the store for "Employees pricing"
Any idea what kind of % off retail that might be? of course that will depend on what you buy. But I'm thinking Guns. :D
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Re: Cabelas "Employee pricing"

Postby mrShinola on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm

I was looking at a Sig 1911 for 1049.00 and with the discount it was just under 900.00. So i'm guessing about 15%.
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby mmcnx2 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:34 pm

I used it a few years past and the discount varies by item. Cabelas branded items get higher percentages, clothing is higher, ect. You really need to check each item before buying it.
mmcnx2

Postby Pat Cannon on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm waiting for the "Dishonest Employee Pricing" sale. 'Cause that's, like 100% off.
Pat Cannon

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 pm

My coupon says only good through 1/5/2011 not 1/15?
Holland&Holland

Postby John S. on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:My coupon says only good through 1/5/2011 not 1/15?

OH........OH!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby 45Badger on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Just there today. Depends on department- 5, 10, or 20%. They said guns are 10%. That gets them to 10% over priced.

Had a pathetic laugh and a half in the used rifle section. They had a 700sps varmint in .223 priced at $599. Their regular retail is $589 :roll: When I pointed that out to the "associate", he said, "Let me see what we can do". Came back at $550 with a horse ass story about them buying a load of new "demo" guns that were used mount to scopes (this was missing the ittty bitty receiver screws) but never fired. I dropped the bolt and the bored was filthy, there was crud in rear of chamber and around magazine, and the bolt was well worn, with lots of wear around the lugs. Horse pucky :roll:
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:35 pm

45Badger wrote:Just there today. Depends on department- 5, 10, or 20%. They said guns are 10%. That gets them to 10% over priced.

Had a pathetic laugh and a half in the used rifle section. They had a 700sps varmint in .223 priced at $599. Their regular retail is $589 :roll: When I pointed that out to the "associate", he said, "Let me see what we can do". Came back at $550 with a horse ass story about them buying a load of new "demo" guns that were used mount to scopes (this was missing the ittty bitty receiver screws) but never fired. I dropped the bolt and the bored was filthy, there was crud in rear of chamber and around magazine, and the bolt was well worn, with lots of wear around the lugs. Horse pucky :roll:

If I were you, I'd send that in to Gander Molehill's home office as a complaint, to absolutely prove once and for all that their used gun pricing is so bad it's above retail for NEW guns. The part about the gun being heavily worn is also embarassing, but not as much as trying to sell a used gun for more than you are selling the same gun NIB. :finger:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby cmj685 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:39 am

Seismic Sam wrote: The part about the gun being heavily worn is also embarassing, but not as much as trying to sell a used gun for more than you are selling the same gun NIB. :finger:

But why is this a problem? People on the gun forums do it every day. Typical ad:
WTS a like-NIB S&W 686. No box though, and all the other stuff that came with it was lost, sold away or traded for other stuff. Only 10,000 rounds fired through it so you know this gun shoots! Carried every day for the last three years so you also know this weapon carries well! The grips are broken but I glued a hot-pad to the handle so that gives a good grip. $899--price is firm.
It happens so much on the forums that I think if I ever saw a used gun for a used gun price I might just buy it for the historical value!
:lol:
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby Grandpa Rex on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:36 am

I got 10% off on some reloading components.
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Grandpa Rex

Postby JoeH on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 am

Does anyone know the discount on ammo?
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby ttousi on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:55 am

Seismic Sam wrote:
45Badger wrote:Just there today. Depends on department- 5, 10, or 20%. They said guns are 10%. That gets them to 10% over priced.

If I were you, I'd send that in to Gander Molehill's home office as a complaint, to absolutely prove once and for all that their used gun pricing is so bad it's above retail for NEW guns. The part about the gun being heavily worn is also embarassing, but not as much as trying to sell a used gun for more than you are selling the same gun NIB. :finger:

huh...........Cabelas employee pricing is the thread title......... :o

Senile old duffer :P
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 am

Yup!! I definitely screwed the pooch on that one! The subject of ridiculous used gun pricing has come up at Gander Molehill so MANY times that I just jumped to the conclusion that this happened at Gander Molehill ...

That being said, I'm fully entitled to be a senile old duffer, because I am OLDER than you, you disrespectful young punk!!! Shw a little respect for your elders!! :P :P :P :P :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Molasses on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 pm

I used my coupon towards this little critter the other day (the background is a printout page from an owner's manual someone scanned and put on the 'net). Looked like a nice little vintage plinker/kit gun and the total (including tax and the obligatory gunsock required to get it out of the store :evil:, minus the coupon) came almost a 550-rd bulk pack of .22s-worth under $200.
MVC-021F.JPG

After doing some research online, it looks like it just might be possible to sell the two magazines alone for more than overall cost. Not that I'm heading in that direction, but it's nice not to feel like I might've got took.
Molasses

Postby Shipyard on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm

nice old beretta molasses. but that'll be a nice little plinker!
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Next

Return to General Gun Chat