Firearms Insurance

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Firearms Insurance

Postby nosualc on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 pm

With State Farm, our home owner's policy had a set amount they'd pay to reimburse for firearms (I think it was $5k). There was a separate amount for jewelry. If you want coverage over and above that you need to take out a separate rider, listing each item with a description, serial# and value. You give the list to your agent and pay a set amount per $1k of insurance to cover it.
Beware the fury of an aroused democracy. -Ike
nosualc

Postby RAGGED on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 pm

nosualc wrote:With State Farm, our home owner's policy had a set amount they'd pay to reimburse for firearms (I think it was $5k). There was a separate amount for jewelry. If you want coverage over and above that you need to take out a separate rider, listing each item with a description, serial# and value. You give the list to your agent and pay a set amount per $1k of insurance to cover it.

Yeah that’s pretty much where I'm at now, but when you start talking XXXXXX.XX in extra coverage they are wanting some real coin, seems kinda steep compared to what I was paying.

So nobody as had any dealings with the NRA's insurance? I would still like to know if I could use that coverage to peck away at the total I need covered.
RAGGED

Postby hammAR on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 pm

RAGGED wrote:I would still like to know if I could use that coverage to peck away at the total I need covered.

You could do that, but then you would have to figure out some minor details,
like both will want to be the primary coverage for your firearms......and in the infighting you could end up not covered by either.......
it would work far better if the firearms were in two discrete locations, and then have separate policies to cover each location/collection......
just something to think about....$.02
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby nosualc on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:36 pm

RAGGED wrote: when you start talking XXXXXX.XX in extra coverage they are wanting some real coin

I guess I'm lucky (or unlucky) to not have that particular problem. :-)

-nosualc
Beware the fury of an aroused democracy. -Ike
nosualc

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat