permit to purchase-denial..HELP

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: permit to purchase-denial..HELP

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:51 pm

solidgun wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:I don't know you or your buddy, but a felon is not someone I would want to have a permit, be it a violent crime or not.

I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty conservative and also think felons should not be able to vote(ever) among other rights they should have taken away.

Yeah....any type of mistake should be punished for the remainder of one's life. The lady that almost hit my car the other day by violating traffic laws, the idiot that litters, those who fail to comply with 922, all the miscellaneous gun laws one fails to comply with, someone even thinking about violent crimes.....take their rights away, we shouldn't even give them jobs. I am sure they will all learn from their mistakes and remain a law abiding citizen if they are oppressed for the rest of their lives. :roll:

Think about a violent crime,not an issue. Convicted of a felony on the other hand, yes you should pay for it and much more than the system currently provides for. Have you seen the re-offend rates? I'm also a capital punishment supporter and would like to see them use it for rapists, child abusers and a few other crimes that are known to be escalation crimes.
mmcnx2

Postby farmerj on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:55 pm

You going to lump everyone in there that's been charged with domestic crimes?
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby plblark on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:56 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Think about a violent crime,not an issue. Convicted of a felony on the other hand, yes you should pay for it and much more than the system currently provides for. Have you seen the re-offend rates? I'm also a capital punishment supporter and would like to see them use it for rapists, child abusers and a few other crimes that are known to be escalation crimes.

Sure, because the US creates how many more Felonies per day ... And the monetary amounts for some felonies have been updated to reflect value how many times since they were put on books? and the increase in sentencing and the tactic of overcharge and then plea bargain if they have a good lawyer is how new ...
Last edited by plblark on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Paul on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:00 pm

farmerj wrote:You going to lump everyone in there that's been charged with domestic crimes?

Paul

Postby farmerj on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 pm

user842 wrote:
farmerj wrote:You going to lump everyone in there that's been charged with domestic crimes?

Ya think?

I can see it now...

Man spanks kid in public for throwing a tantrum. Get's electric chair. Film at 11.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby tman on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 pm

MN STATUTE 624.712 defn's: CRIMES OF VIOLINS

Subd. 5.Crime of violence.

"Crime of violence" means: felony convictions of the following offenses: sections 609.185 (murder in the first degree); 609.19 (murder in the second degree); 609.195 (murder in the third degree); 609.20 (manslaughter in the first degree); 609.205 (manslaughter in the second degree); 609.215 (aiding suicide and aiding attempted suicide); 609.221 (assault in the first degree); 609.222 (assault in the second degree); 609.223 (assault in the third degree); 609.2231 (assault in the fourth degree); 609.229 (crimes committed for the benefit of a gang); 609.235 (use of drugs to injure or facilitate crime); 609.24 (simple robbery); 609.245 (aggravated robbery); 609.25 (kidnapping); 609.255 (false imprisonment); 609.322 (solicitation, inducement, and promotion of prostitution; sex trafficking); 609.342 (criminal sexual conduct in the first degree); 609.343 (criminal sexual conduct in the second degree); 609.344 (criminal sexual conduct in the third degree); 609.345 (criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree); 609.377 (malicious punishment of a child); 609.378 (neglect or endangerment of a child); 609.486 (commission of crime while wearing or possessing a bullet-resistant vest); 609.52 (involving theft of a firearm, theft involving the intentional taking or driving of a motor vehicle without the consent of the owner or authorized agent of the owner, theft involving the taking of property from a burning, abandoned, or vacant building, or from an area of destruction caused by civil disaster, riot, bombing, or the proximity of battle, and theft involving the theft of a controlled substance, an explosive, or an incendiary device); 609.561 (arson in the first degree); 609.562 (arson in the second degree); 609.582, subdivision 1, 2, or 3 (burglary in the first through third degrees); 609.66, subdivision 1e (drive-by shooting); 609.67 (unlawfully owning, possessing, operating a machine gun or short-barreled shotgun); 609.71 (riot); 609.713 (terroristic threats); 609.749 (stalking); 609.855, subdivision 5 (shooting at a public transit vehicle or facility); and chapter 152 (drugs, controlled substances); and an attempt to commit any of these offenses.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 pm

farmerj wrote:Ya think?

I can see it now...

Man spanks kid in public for throwing a tantrum. Get's electric chair. Film at 11.

No, but I can see....

Man beats the heck out his child for the umtenth time for no reason what so ever. Get's the needle. No film, no loss to society.
mmcnx2

Postby farmerj on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:

I can see it now...

No, but I can see....

Man beats the heck out his child for the umtenth time for no reason what so ever. Get's the needle. No film, no loss to society.

And what about the woman who flips out and drops her kids off a bridge? Or drowns them in a vehicle?
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby Paul on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Well we probably shouldn't give her a gun either.
Paul

Postby farmerj on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:48 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:

I can see it now...

No, but I can see....

Women are as likely to be beaters as men are....
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183781.pdf

pg iv, top right column.
Quote:
"Women experience more intimate partner violence than do men: 22.1 percent of surveyed women, compared with 7.4 percent of surveyed men, reported they were physically assaulted by a current or former spouse, cohabiting partner, boyfriend or girlfriend, or date in their lifetime; 1.3 percent of surveyed women and 0.9 percent of surveyed men reported experiencing such violence in the previous 12 months. Approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States."

835,000 out of 2.1 million is a whole lot more than the 5% of all victims who battered women groups say are men. That alone right there is 40%.

Where is the shelters and assistance to get OFP for the men?

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183781.pdf

pg 16-17
Quote:
"The NVAW Survey also found that 1.9 percent of surveyed women and 3.4 percent of surveyed men said they were physically assaulted in the previous 12 months. These estimates equate to about 1.9 million women and about 3.2 million men who are physically assaulted annually in the United States (see exhibit 4)."

Pg 26-27
Against women.
Quote:
"This figure equates to an annual victimization rate of 44.2 intimate partner physical assaults per 1,000 U.S. women age 18 and older"

For men
Quote:
"This figure equates to an annual victimization rate of 31.5 intimate partner physical assaults per 1,000 U.S. men age 18 and older"

[sarcasm]Yop, men are definitely NOT victims and can be ignored when it comes to domestic violence.[/sarcasm]
Current moon phase
farmerj

Postby mmcnx2 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Farmerj, I'm all for equal opporunity, strap her down and give her the needle. I really don't care the gender, religious or sexual orientation, race or anything else. Do the crime get the punishment. And while we are at it do it quick, none of this on death row for 15 years crap. Get the appeals process completed in a year or less and if the conviction stands get it over with.
mmcnx2

Postby Norsesmithy on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:54 pm

"I'd rather a thousand guilty murderers go free than one innocent man be imprisoned unjustly."

Paraphrased of course.
Norsesmithy

Postby Grayskies on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Perhaps this thread should be split as it has drifted into a hot button mine field.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby solidgun on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 pm

mmcnx2 wrote:Farmerj, I'm all for equal opporunity, strap her down and give her the needle. I really don't care the gender, religious or sexual orientation, race or anything else. Do the crime get the punishment. And while we are at it do it quick, none of this on death row for 15 years crap. Get the appeals process completed in a year or less and if the conviction stands get it over with.

Why don't you grab a gun and start executing these people? Speed up the process.
If it is so easy to punish all the criminals, go ahead. Obviously everything is black and white. All these criminals come with guilty signs tattooed on them.

Let's say tomorrow some hippies come into political power and decide that all military people are guilty of crimes against humanity. All veterans should receive death sentences......."do the crime get the punishment".

Let's say tomorrow, Brady bunches come into political power and decide that all gun owners are guilty of violent crimes......I am not throwing away my gun collection........but of course.... "do the crime get the punishment".

Remember the forefathers of this country.......f*ing traitors. Those criminals should have been punished for opposing the king. "do the crime get the punishment".

Do I know that there are rapists, murderers, child abusers.....yes. But I am also aware of the complexities that lie behind the recidivism rates and the reason for judicial processes taking lengthy periods. Maybe the life is simple where you live.....but we don't all live where you live. There is not one person on this board that has not broken some laws in their lifetime.
So next time you commit minor infractions, be sure to give yourself a punishment fitting the judgement of John Q public. Personally, I think anyone that litters should be shot. So if I can get millions of my fellow citizens together to agree on this fact and you litter......you may have to shoot yourself. Because after all, "do the crime get the punishment".
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby EJSG19 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

now to get after that one word/post story thread
EJSG19

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt."
EJSG19

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat