Walmart resuming gun sales

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Walmart resuming gun sales

Postby SethB on Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 pm

mrp wrote:No, but different companies have different ideas about what the best strategy is. If you're a manufacturer, Walmart will pay you $1 for your widget, even though you need $1.02 to sustain your company. Next year, they'll be willing to pay you $.95, and they'll happily continue to squeeze you until you're out of business, then it's on to the next sucker.

No; the first year, they'll pay you $1.05 but you have to contract to sell them as much as they want. The second year, $1.02. The third year, $.95, but they'll help you get stuff from a factory in China that will make crap with your brand name on it.
SethB

Re: Walmart resuming gun sales

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

SethB wrote:
mrp wrote:No, but different companies have different ideas about what the best strategy is. If you're a manufacturer, Walmart will pay you $1 for your widget, even though you need $1.02 to sustain your company. Next year, they'll be willing to pay you $.95, and they'll happily continue to squeeze you until you're out of business, then it's on to the next sucker.

No; the first year, they'll pay you $1.05 but you have to contract to sell them as much as they want. The second year, $1.02. The third year, $.95, but they'll help you get stuff from a factory in China that will make crap with your brand name on it.

Wait, we need government to step in and stop this! (Sarcasim intended)

Is this not the definition of a free market economy? No one said you had to sell to them at their price and I do not hear anyone complaining about the price of winchester white box at Wally world of course if you all feel so stongly about it you can pay double at goose hill. ;)

Look, I get this agruement (or similar) all the time in my world (comercial construction), often I am on the buying end, and let me tell you sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you if you do not like it there is always china I suppose.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat