Target practice at the "coffee grounds".

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Target practice at the "coffee grounds".

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Last Friday I went shooting with my friend Amanda at the "coffee grounds". It's a mine dump by her house where the shooting area we shoot at looks like coffee grounds...

We parked her Jeep at the gate, and walked up to the shooting grounds. I really need to invest in a good drag bag. We each had a rifle case, a handgun case, and I was carrying another bag with gear in it. We set up the gear, and the targets (just shot at a wood board, and some empty gallon jugs that were left up there). I had my XD 40, Sigma 9mm, Ruger 22/45, Taurus TCP, Double Star Star 15 rifle, and Century Arms GP1975 AK-47. She was shooting her CZ in .40. We hadn't even shot for 15 minutes when she calls cold range! I take off my hearing protection, and hear sirens coming from Hibbing, and fast. They get closer, closer, closer, then shut off. We take about a 10 minute break to see if anyone walks up to see what's going on (don't wanna shoot anyone, or get drawn on). We decide to continue, but it was short lived. Some dumb ass on a three wheeler comes up, and just drives around us. Didn't even wave, or wanted to see what we were doing. He drives right behind our shooting lane. We decide this isn't worth it. So we pack up our gear and head back to the Jeep. There are three local police officers just sitting on the side of the road just past the gate. I put both rifle cases in the back of the Jeep (didn't even fire either of them), and the bag with the ammo. I was waiting for one of the police officers to come over and ask what we were doing. But non of them ever did. I asked Amanda if she had ever been harassed when shooting up. She said she has never been, but there was a incident up there a couple weekends ago where someone was shooting an illegal full auto firearm. I guess someone might of mistaken our pistol fire for full auto.

Now I've shot with her at this place since last summer before this incident. To my knowledge it's public land. There are no signs posted saying it's "private" property. But since there was an incident involving illegal weapons, and such I'm thinking we need to find a new place to shoot. We could always shoot at my place. I'm surrounded by state land, and have several "pits" where we could shoot, and not be causing any harm. What amazed me that the Police must of saw her Jeep and knew who it was. She does have connections...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Target practice at the "coffee grounds".

Postby shadeslanding on Mon May 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Machine guns are not illegal in Minnesota. You do need to pay a transfer tax and they must be a curio or relic (older than 50 years). We manufacture new ones and can only sell those to law enforcement or the military. And we do shoot them here in Minnesota (legally). Citizen ownership requires that you pay the tax stamp and the gun's date of manufacture is at least 50 years ago.

Full autos are not illegal as you wrote in your post.

just FYI.

Regards,
GS
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Postby shadeslanding on Mon May 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Forgot to mention that the Burnsville Pistol Range (and perhaps others) host a "Rock and Roll" night: A machine gun shoot. Roger and a few others bring out their guns and for a very reasonable fee you can shoot them. Of course.... you pay for the ammo. Watch bvpistol.com for details on their next shoot.

GS
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Postby Pezhead on Tue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

It's the ammo that adds up. :o
Pezhead

Postby peckerhead on Sun May 15, 2011 12:48 pm

shadeslanding wrote:Machine guns are not illegal in Minnesota. You do need to pay a transfer tax and they must be a curio or relic (older than 50 years). We manufacture new ones and can only sell those to law enforcement or the military. And we do shoot them here in Minnesota (legally). Citizen ownership requires that you pay the tax stamp and the gun's date of manufacture is at least 50 years ago.

Full autos are not illegal as you wrote in your post.

just FYI.

Regards,
GS

That's trade libel.

Don't make me sue you.
peckerhead

Return to General Gun Chat