Range Safety Video

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Range Safety Video

Postby Squib Joe on Thu May 26, 2011 9:30 am

A PM with any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. There will probably be changes made in the future
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Re: Range Safety Video

Postby Thunder71 on Thu May 26, 2011 9:39 am

Video wise, not bad - but my god that music gets annoying - and I'm an old metal head.
Thunder71

Postby Squib Joe on Thu May 26, 2011 9:43 am

Thunder71 wrote:Video wise, not bad - but my god that music gets annoying - and I'm an old metal head.

Yeah, the music is just filler and gets pretty old, but this will be played on monitors at the range with the sound off thankfully
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby ex-LT on Thu May 26, 2011 9:49 am

One note.......

At the 1:06 mark, the caption says
Armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, and aluminum-jacketed rounds are not allowed.

Not to pick nits, but it should actually say aluminum-CASED.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Squib Joe on Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am

MNNavy wrote:One note.......

At the 1:06 mark, the caption says
Armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, and aluminum-jacketed rounds are not allowed.

Not to pick nits, but it should actually say aluminum-CASED.

Yep, I already brought that one up :D
Squib Joe

Postby xd9 on Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

Overall nice video. I shoot video for a living and can tell you the camera operator was either very stupid or 'brave'? at 2:47 to be down range while having the muzzle of the gun pointed at them and opening the slide. The camera was moving so it was not a "static" camera with no live body working it (unless a robotic..which I doubt).
But hey...I am sure the gun was unloaded...right :shock:

It does seem a bit long for people to view while checking in. But maybe it just right. Dono.
xd9

Postby hicap45z on Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

Joe,
At 0:54 it indicates the max bullet velocity allowed, but shows a high velocity shotshell - which is nowhere close to the velocity limit. The limit is really applying to those varmint exploding rifle rounds.

And, just wondering, what's the intended use of the video? Make all the range users watch it?

Z
hicap45z

Postby gyrfalcon on Thu May 26, 2011 10:42 am

Thunder71 wrote:Video wise, not bad - but my god that music gets annoying - and I'm an old metal head.

+1, and thanks for reminding me why I dislike ranges like this. Only 1 uncased firearm up at the line, having some mug "inspect" my gun... I like the BVP a lot better.
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby MNBlackjack on Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

"Please do no uncase firearms" at 1:18. I agree. I'll stick with Bullseye in North Branch. Keep your filthy hand off my firearms.
FFL
NRA - Lifetime Member
NSSF
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand
MNBlackjack

Postby bobbfrommn on Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

You may want to add something about how to deal with jams and other gun issues. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen people waving their muzzles around while they were trying to fix their loaded gun...
bobbfrommn

Postby rugersol on Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 am

I didn't actually watch the video ... jest read the caption that shows up ... "only one gun at at time" ... how the **** am I 'sposed to practice my SASS Gunfighter? :roll:
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Squib Joe on Thu May 26, 2011 11:56 am

rugersol wrote:I didn't actually watch the video ... jest read the caption that shows up ... "only one gun at at time" ... how the **** am I 'sposed to practice my SASS Gunfighter? :roll:

Double gun fingers?

Squib Joe

Postby rugersol on Thu May 26, 2011 11:58 am

Squib Joe wrote:
rugersol wrote:I didn't actually watch the video ... jest read the caption that shows up ... "only one gun at at time" ... how the **** am I 'sposed to practice my SASS Gunfighter? :roll:

Double gun fingers?

You got it!

... 'er ... w/o the pink sports jacket. Image
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby DeanC on Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm

bobbfrommn wrote:You may want to add something about how to deal with jams and other gun issues. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen people waving their muzzles around while they were trying to fix their loaded gun...

+1
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby Squib Joe on Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks everybody for taking the time to look and give the feedback. This is a "rough draft" so some of these changes will certainly be coming in the near future
Squib Joe

Next

Return to General Gun Chat