WTF: Magpul products sold at Fleet Farm? oh & Huldra Arms :]

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: WTF: Magpul products sold at Fleet Farm?

Postby goett047 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:01 am

Has anyone else seen a sign at the Blaine location?
goett047

Postby goett047 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 pm

As I suspected there is no sign at the Blaine location. Its good to see they now carry ars, ar accessories, and pistol accessories.
goett047

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:49 pm

goett047 wrote:As I suspected there is no sign at the Blaine location. Its good to see they now carry ars, ar accessories, and pistol accessories.

And handguns!
Holland&Holland

Postby goett047 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:56 pm

I didn't see any in Blaine unless I missed them...
goett047

Postby BC98 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:27 pm

goett047 wrote:I didn't see any in Blaine unless I missed them...

Magpul products or signs?

I was just there on Saturday and picked up some anti-tilt followers. Also saw: ACS & MOE stocks, MBUS sights, RSA and ASAP sling attachments, and PMags. There's probably other stuff too but I don't remember just now.
BC98

Postby bstrawse on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:29 pm

I was in Oakdale today - they had several Magpul products along with others - decent prices too
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

I've been shopping FF for most of my known life (dad's been hauling me there since I was a toddler), and I've never seen them posted. I reported the move to handguns a few weeks back in another thread, but it's nice to see they're following through and it wasn't just a floor sales kids wet dream. Gander is in trouble, or might have a major revamp coming if they want to stay in the game.

FF used to be the best place on the planet for bulk grade 5 and 8 hardware, but their prices have been up on that stuff for several years. Now if I need fasteners, I make the trip up to S&S on 65 - better selection and better prices.
FJ540

Postby goett047 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:06 am

+1 For S&S, Well worth the trip
goett047

Postby davehk on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 pm

goett047 wrote:+1 For S&S, Well worth the trip

:rock:

I hope they run Gandermountain out of town, their service and prices sucks ass!
davehk

Postby goett047 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm

If the FF in Blaine starts carrying handguns I will have no reason to go to GM. I saw FF had Blackhawk SERPAs for $33 to GMs $49
goett047

Postby rtk on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 pm

davehk wrote:
goett047 wrote:+1 For S&S, Well worth the trip

:rock:

I hope they run Gandermountain out of town, their service and prices sucks ass!

I have bought ammo at the FF in B.Park a couple of times and they acted like they wanted to stick their finger up my ass with the I.D.thing at both registers and the sealed bag crap....The guy waiting on me said that they had an "INCIDENT" at some store where the guy put the ammo in a gun and started shootin the place up....**** you sell the ammo and shut the **** up....They are as bad as **** Gander Mountain!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby rugersol on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:24 pm

rtk wrote:They are as bad as **** Gander Mountain!

You take that back! ... NO ONE's as bad as Gander Mtn!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby farmerj on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm

while I do appreciate a lot of things at Fleet, the way they handle ammo sales sucks donkey dick in a major way.

I have heard more excuses "Why" they do it from federal law to city ordinance to you name it. It's company policy based out of the Corp headquarters. And it sucks. I tend to avoid buying ammo there because of it unless it's ubber cheap or killer deal. Otherwise I will go someplace else.

Same reason I won't shop at Scheel's any more. Corporate policy I can't support.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Joe Camo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 am

rtk wrote: I have bought ammo at the FF in B.Park a couple of times and they acted like they wanted to stick their finger up my ass with the I.D.thing at both registers and the sealed bag crap....The guy waiting on me said that they had an "INCIDENT" at some store where the guy put the ammo in a gun and started shootin the place up....**** you sell the ammo and shut the **** up....They are as bad as **** Gander Mountain!

Never had issues buying ammo at FF. The only ammo FF has ever put in the sealed bag for me is the pistol ammo which is all kept behind the counter due to the age restriction law. All their rifle, shotgun & rimfire ammo is in the aisles and you can roll cartfulls of that stuff to the register with no hassles. For rimfire, the register clerks will ask if it's for a rifle or pistol, just say rifle and they won't ask for ID ... if you say it's for a pistol they will card you to verify you're at least 21.

JC
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." Theodore Roosevelt
Joe Camo

Postby Scratch on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:11 am

Yeah but who cares if they ask for ID, or bag it and walk you up...? I pay with my check card and toss my ID to her anyways. I don't care if they have to bag it and walk me up. I just do it at the end of the visit.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat