Would you trust these 9mm bullets for Zombie Defense?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Would you trust these 9mm bullets for Zombie Defense?

Postby The Lance on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:14 pm

you see... this is all good info.. so now I need a bigger gun to protect myself and my family in the event of a zombie takeover..

I am gonna pick up a 12gauge sometime next week
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby SparkyJeff on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Classic 1968 slow moving Zombies? Or the new breed that have super speed?
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby The Lance on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:29 am

the new bred that is as fast as I am..
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby SparkyJeff on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 am

The Lance wrote:I figured I would make a rule to myself that everytime I buy some ammo for the firing range at bill's in CIrcle Pines I would buy a box to stock up..

I don't recommend buying ammunition at Bills.
does Bills even sell steel cased ammo? I wouldn't know

Edit: I shoot steel cased ammo a lot. I rarely have issues, but I haven't found any perfect ammo anywhere.
Maybe it's because me and my guns.
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby Tommy Gun on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:17 pm

SparkyJeff wrote:Thank You DeanC

Or you could use one of these

:o

That is just WRONG on so many levels.
When you are on the horns of a dilemma, shoot the bull right between the eyes.
Tommy Gun

Postby The Lance on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 pm

SparkyJeff wrote:
The Lance wrote:I figured I would make a rule to myself that everytime I buy some ammo for the firing range at bill's in CIrcle Pines I would buy a box to stock up..

I don't recommend buying ammunition at Bills.
does Bills even sell steel cased ammo? I wouldn't know

Edit: I shoot steel cased ammo a lot. I rarely have issues, but I haven't found any perfect ammo anywhere.
Maybe it's because me and my guns.

You mistunderstood that statement. Bills gun shop is in Circle Pines I live in Lino Lakes so its the closest gun range to me. I get my bullets from fleet farm or walmart to take to bills to save myself the few bucks because they're both on the way there, or on my way home from work.

Everytime I buy a box of ammo at fleet farm I buy a box of the WPA's for storage.. That was the rule I made for myself in the event of an emergency..
The Lance

Postby SparkyJeff on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:18 pm

The Lance wrote:You mistunderstood that statement.....

I misunderstood it on purpose. :didntdoit: Obvious troll is obvious.
I'm a bargain hunter myself, I'm usually pretty frugal, but I have weaknesses.

The Lance wrote:...Everytime I buy a box of ammo at fleet farm I buy a box of the WPA's for storage.. That was the rule I made for myself in the event of an emergency...

You are doing it right!

I do the same thing with Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. I'm a pretty fat guy and I like to eat every day. I can't shoot every day.

2 years ago (while every store was out of ammo) at a local walmart a store the clerk put up a clearance sign in front of some Swiss RWS 9mm brass ammo, $4 per box of 50. the big sign on top of the case limited ammo purchases to 6 boxes. I talked to the kid for a few minutes, he called the manager on duty who said "If it's on clearance he can buy as much as he wants" So I brought home all 22 boxes. I checked all my nearby walmarts that week, and never saw that price again.
SparkyJeff

Postby The Lance on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 am

SparkyJeff wrote:I do the same thing with Chef Boyardee beef ravioli. I'm a pretty fat guy and I like to eat every day. I can't shoot every day.

Chef Boyardee is good during a zombie apocalypse it won't spoil because its canned and it's delicious.. Plus you can do **** with the can's like make grenades or load them with rocks and use it as a blunt weapon..

that's what i'd do..
The Lance

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 am

If you're going to fight zombies you might as well do it right...

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby grousemaster on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:47 am

gyrfalcon wrote:If you're going to fight zombies you might as well do it right...

The woman who occasionally works the desk at Burnsville pistol range has made a couple negative comments when a buddy and I showed up with Wolf Ammo. So we bought a couple of Wolf Performance Ammo t-shirts that we wear each time we shoot there. :D
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby gyrfalcon on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am

grousemaster wrote:...The woman who occasionally works the desk at Burnsville pistol range has made a couple negative comments when a buddy and I showed up with Wolf Ammo. So we bought a couple of Wolf Performance Ammo t-shirts that we wear each time we shoot there. :D

Hahah... what did she say? She always seems to glower at me when I'm picking up my brass. Sometimes she'll come in and sweep it away too if I don't stay on top of my game. :roll:
"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower
gyrfalcon

Postby grousemaster on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm

gyrfalcon wrote:
grousemaster wrote:...The woman who occasionally works the desk at Burnsville pistol range has made a couple negative comments when a buddy and I showed up with Wolf Ammo. So we bought a couple of Wolf Performance Ammo t-shirts that we wear each time we shoot there. :D

Hahah... what did she say? She always seems to glower at me when I'm picking up my brass. Sometimes she'll come in and sweep it away too if I don't stay on top of my game. :roll:

that's the reason I shoot steel at indoor ranges, I don't like having to chase around my brass. Outdoors I shoot brass as there's more opportunity to pick up all my casings...

Since we got the shirts, she hasn't been working when we go in....going to wear them each time until she's there!!!
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Mo_the_Mouse on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 am

For those who need more information on Zombie Survival. This guy has really thought this through.
http://artofmanliness.com/2011/07/11/ho ... l-shotgun/

For this project, I decided to build a survival kit using a shotgun platform–creating the Ultimate Survival Shotgun. My challenge was that everything had to be included in or on the gun itself–no extra pack items or containers. Below is what I did as well as the survival logic behind each decision.
Mmmmm, bacontini.
Mo_the_Mouse

Postby Norsesmithy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Yeah, thought it through poorly.

Nothing like a 15 lb shotgun for when you have to carry everything everywhere. And nothing like having to lug 12 shells instead of .223 or 9mm or something.
Norsesmithy

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Norsesmithy wrote:Yeah, thought it through poorly.

Nothing like a 15 lb shotgun for when you have to carry everything everywhere. And nothing like having to lug 12 shells instead of .223 or 9mm or something.

But come on, it's got condoms, a bayonet, a rail mounted compass, flashlight and a fricking saw... in addition to a variety of ammunition stored directly on the gun.

One of the guys I used to deer hunt with showed up with his extended magazine 870 wearing a buttstock ammo saddle + a sling loaded with slugs in addition to his 14" bowie knife, etc... THAT was some zombie medicine. I let him walk the opposite side of a creek we were pushing and after we met up with our posters (no zombies or deer were located that day) and jumped in the truck where he stripped that baby down like the day be bought it and loaded up 4+1 in the gun for the rest of the pushes. I'm pretty sure his arms and back were fatigued enough from hauling all that stuff around that he would have had trouble getting the gun up to make a chance shot if we kicked out a deer/zombie. :)

There's something to be said for keeping the gun lightweight and stashing ammo & other items on your person rather than mounted to your firearm of choice unless it's just supposed to look cool at the range or living room when showing off for the boys. Short rail mounted bayonets on Glock pistols may get an exemption but only if you leave it connected to the gun while using it to field dress a deer.
yuppiejr

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat