Market Place guidelines

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Market Place guidelines

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24157&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

It looks like the OP was suspended. If the below guidelines are the rules for the market place section, what did he do wrong? Just curious if I'm missing a section of rules that states a location must be posted, etc....

"When posting in any of the Market Place forums (Accessories, Deals and Group Buys, Loaner Forum, Firearms, and Everything Else) please adhere to the following guidelines:

When creating a new topic please label it appropriately. A list of common acronyms are below.
Please try to keep posts reasonably on topic. Questions and discussion about the product are fine. If the thread is beginning to drift too far off topic please consider making a new post in the appropriate forum.
When an item is no longer available please edit the title of your topic to reflect that. It is up to you but it would be appreciated if you left the post contents in place so that others may refer to it in the future.

Note: Auction type sales are not allowed. Set a price with or without the OBO (or best offer)"
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Re: Market Place guidelines

Postby macphisto on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 pm

He didn't specify whether or not they had been used underwater.
macphisto

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 pm

macphisto wrote:He didn't specify whether or not they had been used underwater.

Troll much? It appears your reply has nothing to do with the reasonable question posted above and is yet ANOTHER personal attack against me . This would be a violation of rule #1. FAIL

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2071
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 pm

I believe the poster's response along the lines of :

"codilly wrote:
with how dumb half of you are id rather keep them. easily the worst forum ive ever been on. "

.. along with his seeming hyper-defensiveness over requests for pictures or at least basic descriptions of the items in question (even those not requiring photos... like 20/30 round, what color-type of finish, condition, etc..) calling most of the forum members *********** led to his own topic drift and likely temporary ban.
yuppiejr

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 pm

grousemaster wrote:

Troll much? It appears your reply has nothing to do with the reasonable question posted above and is yet ANOTHER personal attack against me . This would be a violation of rule #1. FAIL

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2071

Am I the only one that missed the personal attack here? I'm reading/re-reading and just don't see it... It's Friday, go outside and get some fresh air... relax... have a beer.
yuppiejr

Postby infidel on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:41 pm

grousemaster wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2071

Note this is not a personal attack, and neither was the macphisto quote. I did think the macphisto quote is funny, lighten up. A new member comes into our collective livingroom and insults half the members and refuses to answer pertinent questions regarding his wares, and gets suspended. Please try to understand the difference.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby 1911fan on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Asking someone to produce pictures of used goods for sale is not stretching it. Asking for an actual description of the items is not dumb nor attacking. There are a dozen makers of "GI AR mags" and some are good and som are not
1911fan

Postby infidel on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I do believe this thread should be in the basement, not General Gun Chat.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby hammAR on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 pm

I think that they both need a time out....
maybe together over the weekend........DADT....... :P
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Hammer99... on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh no he din't...
I love it when a plan comes together!
Hammer99...

Postby Countryfried Frank on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:51 pm

The OP was getting argumentative and combative when a reasonable request for photos was made. He probably could have made the sale if he had either posted photos or simply stated that none were available at the time. Instead he got in a fight with his customer. Not the A#1 sales maneuver.
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby macphisto on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

To recap, codilly posted a lousy for-sale thread with no pic and no location, then he was rude to those asking for the missing info, then he attacked our little slice of heaven. That last one is unforgivable.

A super cool charter member with over five thousand quality posts might be able to get away with something like that, but when a noob does it, he can piss right off.
macphisto

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
grousemaster wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2071

Am I the only one that missed the personal attack here? I'm reading/re-reading and just don't see it... It's Friday, go outside and get some fresh air... relax... have a beer.

It is a troll and personal attack stemming from a video I posted several weeks ago of a couple guys shooting pistols under water. Mcphisto has trolled other threads making reference to the same post. He was not trying to be funny with a random comment, he was referencing a past thread attempt to take a jab at me, which he has done a couple times already. I hate to have to reference the rules, it just gets old.
Last edited by grousemaster on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm

macphisto wrote:To recap, codilly posted a lousy for-sale thread with no pic and no location, then he was rude to those asking for the missing info, then he attacked our little slice of heaven. That last one is unforgivable.

A super cool charter member with over five thousand quality posts might be able to get away with something like that, but when a noob does it, he can piss right off.

Agreed, he was in violation as soon as he insulted half the board members. I was just wondering if it's a "rule" that we have to post location and pics. It seemed that the moderator referenced those as reasons that the thread was locked.

Moderator note see: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1698

Market Place Posting Guidelines

Postby rucker on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:52 pm
When posting in any of the Market Place forums (Accessories, Deals and Group Buys, Loaner Forum, Firearms, and Everything Else) please adhere to the following guidelines:

When creating a new topic please label it appropriately. A list of common acronyms are below.
Please try to keep posts reasonably on topic. Questions and discussion about the product are fine. If the thread is beginning to drift too far off topic please consider making a new post in the appropriate forum.
When an item is no longer available please edit the title of your topic to reflect that. It is up to you but it would be appreciated if you left the post contents in place so that others may refer to it in the future.
Post a location (required)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby infidel on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I didn't remember that was your thread grousemaster, it was still funny.

infidel

Next

Return to General Gun Chat