Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Do you think military styled weapons should be outlawed and taken from civilians?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes - take all the AR-15's
3%
Yes - take all the 1911 and M9 style pistols
3%
Yes - take all shotguns as used by the military
3%
Yes - take all knives as used by the military
3%
Yes - take all bolt-action rifles scoped or otherwise
3%
Yes - take all revolvers as used by military
3%
Yes - Let the UN sanctions over-rule US LAW
3%
Yes - take all full and semi-autos that can shoot down airplanes
5%
NO
69%

Total votes : 113

Re: Gun removal poll.

Postby plblark on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 am

wow, flinging the strained peas will sure solve the problem and answer the question...
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:48 am

Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:52 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:Then DELETE it.

But at this posting - 113 posters have answered the poll however they decided to answer it. Good, bad, or indifferent, you decide.

You do understand that only the Mods could come in and delete it right? Or the OP can modify or delete their posts?

You keep saying DELETE IT, but the folks you are saying that to can do no such thing. Just saying.
Last edited by Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holland&Holland

Postby meddin on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 am

plblark wrote:wow, flinging the strained peas will sure solve the problem and answer the question...

+1

plus, there is a lot of good information in this thread
meddin

Postby OldmanFCSA on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 am

Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Re: Gun removal poll.

Postby goett047 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:15 am

meddin wrote:
plblark wrote:wow, flinging the strained peas will sure solve the problem and answer the question...

+1

plus, there is a lot of good information in this thread

I think it deserves a sticky
goett047

Postby plblark on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:18 am

Best bet, let it die. Just ignore it. Don't keep bringing it up. IT will fade from people's memory on its own.

Going back and editing or deleting your posts because they're un popular is a lot like taking your ball and going home.

Please don't :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby nyffman on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:08 pm
Given the uniformity of the responses and the rediculousness of the question on this forum, I suspect it is just a joke and not a serious poll. This should be moved to the lighter side. Just my thoughts.

Why is the question ridiculous? Do you assume that everyone who posts on a gun forum is in favor of 2nd amendment rights in the same way that you are?

Postby Shipyard on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:07 pm
given the fact that there is more shennanigans than give a **** on this gun board anymore are you suprised?

Actually, I think the signal to noise ratio is improving. There are several producers of shenanigans who haven't contributed(?) to this thread. I understand that certain events outside this forum may have helped with this. Such is life. The only thing that stays the same is change. I say, keep the thread. You guys that criticize but don't have any useful suggestions simply discredit yourselves. Plblark has the right idea. I agree, keep it and it'll die a death of it's own. Or not. :D
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:15 pm

It is rediculous in the way that is is rediculous to walk into a bar and ask patrons if we should ban all alcohol. Other than a few goof balls who are going to play along just to stir the pot, this is a gun site and one that is full of folks with AR's, AKs, and Handguns, so while we will not agree on anything, we would never say ban any of these. Once again, there are some goof balls that will just for fun, but come on. We are gun guys collectively and so much so that we spend time on a gun site. Those who are not big into guns are not going to spend the time long term on this site.
Holland&Holland

Postby UnaStamus on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 am

Someone could probably hit a Cessna pilot with a well-placed shot from a .22LR. Does that qualify it as a weapon being capable of shooting down an airplane?
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby nyffman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:06 am

Holland&Holland wrote:It is rediculous in the way that is is rediculous to walk into a bar and ask patrons if we should ban all alcohol. Other than a few goof balls who are going to play along just to stir the pot, this is a gun site and one that is full of folks with AR's, AKs, and Handguns, so while we will not agree on anything, we would never say ban any of these. Once again, there are some goof balls that will just for fun, but come on. We are gun guys collectively and so much so that we spend time on a gun site. Those who are not big into guns are not going to spend the time long term on this site.

The only thing ridiculous in this entire thread is that you continue to misspell ridiculous. It is fairly obvious from many of your posts that you are very knowledgeable on many aspects of firearms. I respect that. However, if you look around, you'll see that this is not the universally reason for membership. The Political and Off Topic areas have a significant number of posts. I, for example, am more interested in the political aspects surrounding my right to have the firearms I choose. It's time for you to look at the bigger picture and realize that there is more than one reason for folks to join and participate in this forum. To think that an anti gun person might be lurking here as a way to keep a finger on the pulse of what the 2A crowd is up to is also, lets say it together now..........................ridiculous.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:05 am

Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Scott Notaeh on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:31 am

UnaStamus wrote:Someone could probably hit a Cessna pilot with a well-placed shot from a .22LR. Does that qualify it as a weapon being capable of shooting down an airplane?

But the deal here is that the NYPD announced they had the capability to take down planes cause they bought a couple. 50 BMGs. The post that started all this was poking fun at the NYPD.
Scott Notaeh

Re: .

Postby 1911fan on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

Oldman. I think you misunderstand the nature if this board as it once was and perhaps still is.

This board is VERY active on Second Amendment issues. At times this board has put thirty or more people in the audience at the state house, double that many letter writers and very active in local politics. One of the banned members has more face time with OUR side in the Lege and in the local governments beauracracy than almost anyone. No one here that I know would say "well that's just too much" about anything gun related. There are several class three members here. More SBR or SbS owners as well.

You are new here. Passing judgement that somehow we don't care about your fifty cal is a reach. I personally am ambivalent toward them only in BTDT and I prefer to spend my gun money elsewhere. That does not mean that i will stand idly by why someone tries to make a grab for them.

Do not assume that because you don't see rabid support for the Second on the surface, and in every post, that it does not exist in great depth here.
1911fan

Postby farmerj on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:36 am

Scott Notaeh wrote:
UnaStamus wrote:Someone could probably hit a Cessna pilot with a well-placed shot from a .22LR. Does that qualify it as a weapon being capable of shooting down an airplane?

But the deal here is that the NYPD announced they had the capability to take down planes cause they bought a couple. 50 BMGs. The post that started all this was poking fun at the NYPD.

Of which, not ALL parties involved in the discussion were aware of that news story. Nor was there any direct reference to it.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat