Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Do you think military styled weapons should be outlawed and taken from civilians?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes - take all the AR-15's
3%
Yes - take all the 1911 and M9 style pistols
3%
Yes - take all shotguns as used by the military
3%
Yes - take all knives as used by the military
3%
Yes - take all bolt-action rifles scoped or otherwise
3%
Yes - take all revolvers as used by military
3%
Yes - Let the UN sanctions over-rule US LAW
3%
Yes - take all full and semi-autos that can shoot down airplanes
5%
NO
69%

Total votes : 113

Re: Gun removal poll.

Postby Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 am

nyffman wrote:The only thing ridiculous in this entire thread is that you continue to misspell ridiculous. It is fairly obvious from many of your posts that you are very knowledgeable on many aspects of firearms. I respect that. However, if you look around, you'll see that this is not the universally reason for membership. The Political and Off Topic areas have a significant number of posts. I, for example, am more interested in the political aspects surrounding my right to have the firearms I choose. It's time for you to look at the bigger picture and realize that there is more than one reason for folks to join and participate in this forum. To think that an anti gun person might be lurking here as a way to keep a finger on the pulse of what the 2A crowd is up to is also, lets say it together now..........................ridiculous.

I've found that the best way to get people to agree with you isn't by berating them and being a condescending ass......... but let me know how it works for you. You seem to have it down to a finely honed science. (was that all spelt corectlie?)

Also I've taken the liberty to highlight a grammatical error you might want to address. Just sayin'
Last edited by Stradawhovious on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Re: .

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 am

Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OldmanFCSA

Re: Re: Re: Gun removal poll.

Postby goett047 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 am

Scott Notaeh wrote:
UnaStamus wrote:Someone could probably hit a Cessna pilot with a well-placed shot from a .22LR. Does that qualify it as a weapon being capable of shooting down an airplane?

But the deal here is that the NYPD announced they had the capability to take down planes cause they bought a couple. 50 BMGs. The post that started all this was poking fun at the NYPD.

At least someone recognizes this
goett047

Re: Re: Re: Gun removal poll.

Postby goett047 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 am

farmerj wrote:
Scott Notaeh wrote:
UnaStamus wrote:Someone could probably hit a Cessna pilot with a well-placed shot from a .22LR. Does that qualify it as a weapon being capable of shooting down an airplane?

But the deal here is that the NYPD announced they had the capability to take down planes cause they bought a couple. 50 BMGs. The post that started all this was poking fun at the NYPD.

Of which, not ALL parties involved in the discussion were aware of that news story. Nor was there any direct reference to it.

http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/09 ... -defenses/
Now its time for you to shut up!
goett047

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:43 pm

nyffman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:It is rediculous in the way that is is rediculous to walk into a bar and ask patrons if we should ban all alcohol. Other than a few goof balls who are going to play along just to stir the pot, this is a gun site and one that is full of folks with AR's, AKs, and Handguns, so while we will not agree on anything, we would never say ban any of these. Once again, there are some goof balls that will just for fun, but come on. We are gun guys collectively and so much so that we spend time on a gun site. Those who are not big into guns are not going to spend the time long term on this site.

The only thing ridiculous in this entire thread is that you continue to misspell ridiculous. It is fairly obvious from many of your posts that you are very knowledgeable on many aspects of firearms. I respect that. However, if you look around, you'll see that this is not the universally reason for membership. The Political and Off Topic areas have a significant number of posts. I, for example, am more interested in the political aspects surrounding my right to have the firearms I choose. It's time for you to look at the bigger picture and realize that there is more than one reason for folks to join and participate in this forum. To think that an anti gun person might be lurking here as a way to keep a finger on the pulse of what the 2A crowd is up to is also, lets say it together now..........................ridiculous.

Sorry my spelling skills are the result of public education, maybe if we can get some more money in our schools there will be less like me in the future. Think about :D
Holland&Holland

Postby mitchx3 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Sorry my spelling skills are the result of public education...Think about :D

This means your parents didn't care enough. Gov't isn't the solution.
mitchx3

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:03 pm

mitchx3 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Sorry my spelling skills are the result of public education...Think about :D

This means your parents didn't care enough. Gov't isn't the solution.

Dude. You have definitly met my parents!
Holland&Holland

Re: .

Postby gman1868 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat