Show us your Armslist questions

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Show us your Armslist questions

Postby armedwalleye on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Here's one for you, a 3 gun for 1 swap for a basic AR...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1275548/m ... rade-only-

Sounds like a deal to me....
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby NMRMN on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:20 pm

FJ540 wrote:I often respond to ads with "I'm interested" because I'd like to see it and that's the extent of where I will go in writing prior to physically laying hands on the item. Often times, I get a "sold" response back - which is why I'm never chomping at the bit for anything I see online unless it was literally just posted.

Plus, it gives you some insight as to what type of seller it is. Are they going to respond like an a$$ or with the respect due a potential customer. Are they going to show initiative, or make you drag the transaction along at every step of the way. I know which one I buy from and which one not.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby 45Badger on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Best response yet to my slighly expensive .22 Federal automatch offering...

Message from: Nailbomb73@yahoo.com

Message regarding: Federal Auto-Match .22 LR

Nice to see wallmart cleared out and have it all listed here for 3x the price. Any chance you perform oral for cash too?

REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money to sellers without using a trusted escrow service.
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby BemidjiDweller on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:00 pm

45Badger wrote:Best response yet to my slighly expensive .22 Federal automatch offering...

Message from: Nailbomb73@yahoo.com

Message regarding: Federal Auto-Match .22 LR

Nice to see wallmart cleared out and have it all listed here for 3x the price. Any chance you perform oral for cash too?

REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money to sellers without using a trusted escrow service.

Tell him you filed a police report because he solicited you for sexual acts :lol:
BemidjiDweller

Postby ijosef on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:29 pm

NMRMN wrote:
FJ540 wrote:I often respond to ads with "I'm interested" because I'd like to see it and that's the extent of where I will go in writing prior to physically laying hands on the item. Often times, I get a "sold" response back - which is why I'm never chomping at the bit for anything I see online unless it was literally just posted.

Plus, it gives you some insight as to what type of seller it is. Are they going to respond like an a$$ or with the respect due a potential customer. Are they going to show initiative, or make you drag the transaction along at every step of the way. I know which one I buy from and which one not.

I agree. When I originally got into firearms, I thought the firearm community would be a slightly better group of buyers & sellers than in the general goods market. Nope. There are just as many goofs, although to be fair I've bought from and sold to a lot of really great people too. I really don't care for bush league seller/buyer tactics.
ijosef

Postby 45Badger on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 pm

ijosef wrote:
I agree. When I originally got into firearms, I thought the firearm community would be a slightly better group of buyers & sellers than in the general goods market. Nope. There are just as many goofs, although to be fair I've bought from and sold to a lot of really great people too. I really don't care for bush league seller/buyer tactics.

I've been an active buyer, seller, swapper for about 15 years. Have only been screwed over once. Happened two weeks ago with a forum member selling a TV and blue ray player. Douchebag..... :evil:
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby ijosef on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm

45Badger wrote:
ijosef wrote:

I've been an active buyer, seller, swapper for about 15 years. Have only been screwed over once. Happened two weeks ago with a forum member selling a TV and blue ray player. Douchebag..... :evil:

That sucks! I hope the forum member was called out on such dealings (he may have, I've been absent from this forum for awhile).

I don't like the stupid tactics like agreeing to a price and setting up a meeting, only to have a buyer show up and say "oh, I only have $450" when the agreed upon price was $500. I also had someone agree to buy a rifle at a set price, meet me, then proceed to look over the rifle (keep in mind I'd sent him good pictures and all questions had been answered) and say "I'll pass." I don't mind what some people call "lowball" offers. It's just a normal part of the buying and selling process. A lowball offer, as long as it isn't ridiculous, isn't necessarily a bad thing. The seller can always say "no thanks." No harm, no foul. I've gotten really low offers on stuff and I usually just say "the lowest I'll go is $xxx" or just say no. It's not a big deal. One man's lowball offer might be a another man's reasonable one. Just don't agree to buy and waste my time and gas money by having me come and meet you only to reneg or try to renegotiate on the spot. It's one thing if the item isn't at all as described, but seriously... don't do that to someone.

I find that a lot of sellers overvalue their merchandise, which is why a lot of stuff sits and sits and sits and doesn't sell. It's almost as if the price of their item is intertwined with their ego. You make an offer, and they get insulted. The worst are the clowns who like to laugh in your face. I haven't had it done to me in a long, long time, but it's a bush league tactic best left to 30-40 years ago. The thing is, I might come up to an agreed upon price had the seller not accepted my first offer. However, if the dude does any of that sleazy used car salesman stuff, I'm gonna walk and he just lost a potential buyer. You know, offer, counter offer, negotiation, etc. It can be done without the laugh-in-the-face buffoonery. I remember my Dad doing it all the time when I was little, and it just seemed to put people off.

I've already made an extra-long post, so here goes a story. I went to look at a car that had been for sale on craigslist for a long time. The seller listed it at just under $8000 after having dropped the price by tiny increments over the past two months. The issue is, it had a salvage title. Anyone who knows anything about buying/selling cars knows that salvage titles have a huge impact on the value of a vehicle. His price would've been okay (not great) if the vehicle had a clean title, but as a rebuilt wreck it was worth considerably less. I did my homework, calculated the value of the car with a salvage title, and went to take a look at it. I ended up offering $6000 cash for his car, and he was insulted. That's fine - I didn't mean to offend the guy. I explained my offer and how I came to that amount, but I could tell he was irritated. I'm sure he told his friends how some douchebag lowballer came and dicked him around, but I made a very, very reasonable offer on what the vehicle was actually worth and don't feel bad about it at all.. He seemed to be convinced that his car was worth every penny of what the same car with a clean title in pristine condition would be listed for on a dealer's lot. Oh well.
ijosef

Postby MNGunner on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:46 pm

From Gunbroker regarding a Saiga chambered in .308 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332807961)

"and it is in .308 which is a lot cheaper to shoot than 7.62x39mm at the moment"
Last edited by MNGunner on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNGunner

Postby FJ540 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

MNGunner wrote:From Gunbroker regarding a Saiga 12 chambered in .308 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332807961)

"and it is in .308 which is a lot cheaper to shoot than 7.62x39mm at the moment"

It's not a saiga 12 then. Looks like it never was either. ;)
FJ540

Postby ammosponge on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

CIBOIF wrote:Me: " Meet in south metro (that means south of the river) preferrably Apple Valley, Burnsville, Lakeville etc.

Them: "Meet me in Brooklyn Park"

Me: "NO.."

Them: "OK if I can get a ride, I don't have my permit but I have applied..."

Me: "Yeah, no way, No permit and ID no sale.."

Another one -

We set up the meeting and prespective buyer agrees he will take it. The gun is new in the box Glock 26 Gen 3. Price listed 3 times in posting at $500 with 3 mags.

Arrived at the meet and he looks at it, says yes he will take it. He counts out $400 and hands me the money. I count and recount and say this is $400 the price i

He says, thats what he thinks its worth and thats what he is going to pay. I stand firm and tell him that if he wants it, he will have to pony up another $100.

He trys to negoiate and says he will go $450. I toss the money on the ground in front of him and say forget it. I close the trunk door and drive away.

Thank goodness I was driving the dealer loaner vehicle as my vehicle was in the shop that day.

oh ffs! i met you at culvers! and paid full price, and brought you ammo you forgot (and i forgot) about!

(i keed, i keed!) NHNF
ammosponge

Postby Northland 7.62 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 am

Here you go! It's a good deal, for him!!
http://www.armslist.com/posts/1291678/r ... on-a-lake-
"There are two tragedies in life, one is not getting what you want, the other is getting it."
Northland 7.62

Postby Vlad on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 am

Northland 7.62 wrote:Here you go! It's a good deal, for him!!
http://www.armslist.com/posts/1291678/r ... on-a-lake-

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: balls so big he could fill a dump truck...
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby MNGunner on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

FJ540 wrote:
MNGunner wrote:From Gunbroker regarding a Saiga 12 chambered in .308 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =332807961)

It's not a saiga 12 then. Looks like it never was either. ;)

Oops, Saiga 308... :oops:
MNGunner

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 am

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1102483/m ... gpul-pmags

Woah there, these guys seem to be behind the times a bit. Shame, seems most of their stuff is modestly priced. Except for a T53 they had for $300 and now these.
BemidjiDweller

Postby CarRacer on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 pm

CarRacer

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat