So.........they changed the law about signage?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: So.........they changed the law about signage?

Postby Gary Slider on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 pm

7/15/11 – Gun Signs and Force of Law Updated. is what I reported on the MN page. It is very difficult to put everything down and whatever I put there will still be questions. I have found out that what I write is not what people read. We don't have voice inflection and body language to go by and that is a huge part of communications. We have all posted something on the web that someone else took totally different than what we thought we stated. That is human nature. My main reason for dating pages is so people can see there has been a change and what section was updated. Without that you would miss most changes.

I have talked to many LEO's and in most instances if the owner doesn't ask the person to leave but just calls the law the officer showing up just ask the person to leave. They don't want to write something like that. IF the person the officer ask to leave talks nice and states that he didn't see the sign and no problem I will leave then that is usually all that happens. Now if that person would get mouthy with the LEO or the owner then things could turn out different. But most times they just ask and everyone smiles and goes on.

If I put force of law but weakly I would hear about that. Like I stated earlier when it comes to the "Do Gun Signs Have the Force of Law" I am going to hear about it unless the state has a sign specific law. I have heard about it from just about every state that doesn't have a specific law and have heard it from both directions. I knew that would happen as soon as I added that section. The only reason I added that section is because I got so many emails asking me about signs and on any chat board you will see more than one thread about them. When it comes to that section I will always err on the side of caution. I try to keep my opinion off Handgunlaw.us. I don't succeed in that all the time but that is what I try to do.

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Gary Slider

Postby farmerj on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Gary Slider wrote:7/15/11 – Gun Signs and Force of Law Updated. is what I reported on the MN page.

What prompted the change? Was it statute change? or was it administrative? All that is being suggested to note.

It sure wasn't a statute change to the law.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby DeanC on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Gary Slider wrote:If I put force of law but weakly I would hear about that.

LOL - true enough. :D
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby DeanC on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh and... GET HELP JOHN! :D
Decrypt the points of departure and return your head slowly and you do not cancel your hair.
DeanC

Postby John S. on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:31 pm

DeanC wrote:Oh and... GET HELP JOHN! :D

Have you seen my chapstick? My cheeks hurt REEEEL Bad! :?
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat