Mills Fleet Farm Handgun Ammo Policy

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Mills Fleet Farm Handgun Ammo Policy

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Superb... this and a direct response in less than 24 hours to an inquiry via your web form about a firearms purchase.. you guys really walk the walk.
yuppiejr

Postby Heffay on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

FF > Walmart.

Even before this policy change. I can't believe we have some Walmart apologists on this site. Where are our standards? These "people" need to be driven out of here, preferably tarred and feathers on a rail.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby shooter115 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Snowgun wrote:Maybe you guys should also consider getting into reloading components? ;)

This would rock!!! :rock:
shooter115

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Cool that FF is being responsive, but having handgun ammo that isn't in an enclosed display case, behind a counter, or under observation at all times is still against the law.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

shooter115 wrote:
Snowgun wrote:Maybe you guys should also consider getting into reloading components? ;)

Start with primers and powder, somewhere between the usual gouging at retail and the giant haz-mat stick for low quantities mail order there's room for money to be made while still offering a reasonable unit cost for retail buyers. Seems like bullets and brass would be tougher to turn a profit on since both are pretty cheap and readily available online.

Anything reloading related would be awesome.
yuppiejr

Postby shooter115 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
shooter115 wrote:

Start with primers and powder, somewhere between the usual gouging at retail and the giant haz-mat stick for low quantities mail order there's room for money to be made while still offering a reasonable unit cost for retail buyers. Seems like bullets and brass would be tougher to turn a profit on since both are pretty cheap and readily available online.

Agreed :cheers:
shooter115

Postby Snowgun on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
shooter115 wrote:

+1

Now if FF wanted to make a deal with some manufacturer and start their OWN brand of plated/jacketed bullets in common calibers....Watch out! :)
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby ranger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Squib Joe wrote: but having handgun ammo that isn't in an enclosed display case, behind a counter, or under observation at all times is still against the law.

If it’s against the law, how does Cabela’s get by with it?
All of their handgun ammo can be picked off the shelf.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Re: Re: Mills Fleet Farm Handgun Ammo Policy

Postby goett047 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm

ranger wrote:
Squib Joe wrote: but having handgun ammo that isn't in an enclosed display case, behind a counter, or under observation at all times is still against the law.

Same with gander
goett047

Postby Stradawhovious on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

ranger wrote:

I wonder it the "under observation at all times" component can be video or has to be a person.

Either way, at FF and Cabelas (the FFs I've been to) they have the handgun ammo in close proximity, and direct sight of the firearms counters. They are probably making the assumption that the counters are always manned, which in my experience they are.
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby shooter115 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Snowgun wrote:Now if FF wanted to make a deal with some manufacturer and start their OWN brand of plated/jacketed bullets in common calibers....Watch out! :)

Starting with .40 in 180 gr :D
shooter115

Postby Countryfried Frank on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:19 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
shooter115 wrote:

+1 but I think we may be putting Dave to the test on this one.
"Sometimes we have to get really high to see how small we are." - Felix Baumgartner
Countryfried Frank

Postby Dill on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

awesome news, I was always turned off by the bagging of the ammo, glad that policy is gone!
Dill

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:47 pm

ranger wrote:

I dunno. I didn't write the law, or necessarily agree with it

"Display of Handgun Ammunition. Ammunition retailers may not display handgun ammunition in a manner that is directly accessible to minors under age 18. Violation is a petty misdemeanor. Ammunition in an enclosed display case or behind a counter is deemed inaccessible. There are exceptions for ammunition accessible to juvenile employees, ammunition under observation by employees, and ammunition displayed in an area where the store takes reasonable steps to exclude minors, as well as ammunition suitable for big game hunting. (Minn. Stat. § 609.663)"
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Squib Joe wrote:
ranger wrote:

I dunno. I didn't write the law, or necessarily agree with it

"Display of Handgun Ammunition. Ammunition retailers may not display handgun ammunition in a manner that is directly accessible to minors under age 18. Violation is a petty misdemeanor. Ammunition in an enclosed display case or behind a counter is deemed inaccessible. There are exceptions for ammunition accessible to juvenile employees, ammunition under observation by employees, and ammunition displayed in an area where the store takes reasonable steps to exclude minors, as well as ammunition suitable for big game hunting. (Minn. Stat. § 609.663)"

Seems that reasonable steps is the key.
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat