LMT MRP CQB

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

LMT MRP CQB

Postby dsm2nr on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 pm

I ended up trading my KAC SR-15 for an LMT MRP last Thrusday. Figured I'd share it with everyone. :D

dsm2nr

LMT MRP CQB

Postby bstrawse on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Been looking at buying one of these - what's your impression?
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Re: LMT MRP CQB

Postby dsm2nr on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

It's an amazing rifle. I traded because I wanted to get back to more of a standard AR. Something where the bolts didn't cost $300 to replace.

The quick barrel change is a really nice feature though. Before heading to the range the night I got it, I played with the barrel a little bit. I removed it and reinstalled it with the factory torque wrench (which sucks, btw). Got to the range and it was still dead nuts on at 25 yds. The upper was brand new (no wear marks from a bcg yet) and so was the barrel (almost zero particles in the extension) so LMT must've zeroed it before it left the factory.

It's about the same weight as my Huldra (plastic handguards). So it's not the lightest rifle, but I think that's mostly due to the barrel profile. Eventually I want to get a 16" SS Noveske barrel, cut my CL LMT barrel to 14.5" with a pinned/welded Battlecomp 1.5, and maybe if I get the balls to get a tax stamp, a 12" or 10.5" LMT piston conversion kit.

The target on the left is my wife's and mine's on the right. We were both standing, unsupported @ 25 yds with irons. I'm very proud of my wife, it's been over a year since she's shot irons or with an A2 flash hider.

dsm2nr

Postby MrVvrroomm on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Nice rifle
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby Meta-Prometheus on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Very nice LMT!
"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Meta-Prometheus

Return to General Gun Chat