How many guns owned but not fired?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

How many guns owned but not fired?

Postby JohninMinnesota on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:19 pm

I have one .357 that I've owned for a couple of months but have yet to shoot it. I have good intentions but just haven't found time to take it out and shoot it. I got a holster for it though. :?
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Re: How many guns owned but not fired?

Postby Stradawhovious on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm

I have one, a maverick 12 ga pistol grip. Can't seem to find any ranges that will let me shoot it sans full stock. Have to wait for summer...............
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby Srigs on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:43 pm

I have a couple like that due to weather I have not shot them.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby Widge on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:23 pm

I have two that seldom see range time.
I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Widge

Postby tt3 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:31 pm

My long guns don't get out much. I try to bring a couple of the pistols each trip to the range, so they get fired relatively often.
tt3

Postby Wadero on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 pm

Several long guns that are either relics or passed down through the family that don't see the outside of the cabinet. Usually just get brought out for nostalgia I guess.
“You were born free, you got f***ed out of half of it, and you wave a flag celebrating it.” -- Doug Stanhope
Wadero

Postby JohninMinnesota on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:54 pm

hehe... oops. Make that two. I have a rifle I bought that I have yet to shoot as well. That one has been waiting patiently for about 6 months now.
anger burns and fills with hatred - wreaks havoc on the soul - what goes out comes back three fold - end it now
JohninMinnesota

Postby GregM on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:29 pm

Handguns: Zero. Each week I take my carry gun to the range along with another handgun from my modest collection in rotating order.

Long guns: Too damn many. Over the winter I acquired a few vintage army rifles that are waiting patiently in the locker. But spring is here and orientation at Oakdale is this Saturday. Soon we rock.
FLEE IF YOU CAN. FIGHT IF YOU MUST.
GregM

Postby 1911fan on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Long guns, several. some are shotguns given to me, which just are nice wall hangers, a few guns of "best grade" which are investments, and a few handguns of the same class, a engraved colt which belonged to a friends father, (pre civil war) a blued colt commercial with an old remington 1890 revolver in 44 40 and a couple of old smiths, all which were hand me downs.
1911fan

Postby lenny7 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:06 pm

One handgun, a POS H&R .32 revolver that my Dad gave me. It's just waiting for a buy back program to come along so I can dispose of it.

5 rifles
A Henry .22 that my Dad gave to my son, who's 6. He'll be shooting it as soon as I decide he's ready. He's shooting BB guns now.
2 M1 Garands that I bought for my boys but havent' had a chance to clean up yet.
A M38 Turkish Mauser. I've stripped it to clean it and that's as far as I've gotten
A M1903A3. I've stripped it to clean it and that's as far as I've gotten
A Yugo SKS - Still needs cleaning first. She's a slimy bastard right now.
lenny7

Postby David on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Out of 76 guns, I have only three that I've never fired. All three are Imperial Japanese. An 8mm Nambu pistol, a 7.7 MM Type 99 Rifle, and a 6.5 MM Type 97 Sniper. I'll shoot them when I find ammo for them, although it's not a huge priority. I don't shoot my collectible guns very often, but I like to shoot all my guns at least once.
David

Postby hammAR on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 pm

The only one that doesn't get shot is the next one................................... :twisted:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby someone1980 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Two:

one is sitting in a shop probably for the next 3 months waiting for some major work to be done to it
the other is waiting until I get some money saved up, and then it will be sent off to get the trigger done.
Defend yourself.
Defend your family.
Defend your beliefs.
someone1980

Postby mmcnx2 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:48 pm

1 - my father handed down his deer rifle a winchester model 88 lever action 308 in mint condition. He shot less than a box of ammo through it and purchased it new. I can't get myself to anything with it other than wipe it down. However his model 41, K38 and mark II pistols that he shot alot get regular range time.
mmcnx2

Postby JohninMinnesota on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:24 am

Okay, I'm down to one now. I took my Ruger Police Six out and loaded it with alternating .38 and .357 magnum loads. I was kind of shocked by the difference in recoil of the two! This is a double action only, I must assume it was a police issue gun with the DAO as a safety thing. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I took a friends action apart and after a long while determined the difference (and modification) to make DAO to DA/SA is a small amount of metal that can be removed with a file from the DAO hammer (if I recall correctly) to make it DA/SA. I've decided to leave it DAO at this point, but am pretty comfortable with the safety of the cross bar mechanism for preventing accidental discharge from a hammer strike. Again, anyone have any input on this?
JohninMinnesota

Next

Return to General Gun Chat