Burnsville Range Update 8/3

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Don L on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Here's the latest:
Roger & Sue are working on getting things up and running for FFL transfers, and they believe that it could be a possibility by early next week. Once that's in place and they catch up on transfers, they'll give the OK for folks to start having firearms sent to them again.

They got inside to look around today-there's going to be a lot of cleaning up needed everywhere, in addition to the damage to the South Bay. It sounds like the lobby & rifle bay will be first, and the rifle bay will be used as a pistol bay only until both pistol bays are up and running.

Everyone at BPR is most grateful of all the fundraising activities started. There's also talk of some kind of re-opening celebration on site.

Further updates will be posted here, along with the BPR website and BPR phone message.

Don
NRA Regional Training Counselor
MN, IL, & Utah Instructor
Lots of Other Stuff
Minnesota Cary Permit Class - MN Carry Permit .com
Don L

Re: Burnsville Range Update 8/3

Postby unknown on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Where can I find info about contributing to the fundraisers?
unknown

Postby Pezhead on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Two listed under this heading.

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewforum.php?f=17
Pezhead

Postby rukwikenuf on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm

i was told yesterday by a regular from BPR who was shooting at Bill's (and apparently is a casual acquaintence of Roger and Sue) that BPR is going to take a large check from the insurance company and update their facilities. this gentleman also said that they are possibly going to be closed until December. any truth to that?

i think it's awesome, but that seems like a long time to be shut down. i don't know how extensive the damages were though
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby TH3180 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

rukwikenuf wrote:i was told yesterday by a regular from BPR who was shooting at Bill's (and apparently is a casual acquaintence of Roger and Sue) that BPR is going to take a large check from the insurance company and update their facilities. this gentleman also said that they are possibly going to be closed until December. any truth to that?

i think it's awesome, but that seems like a long time to be shut down. i don't know how extensive the damages were though

I just talked to Sue directly. They have no clue when they are going to reopen. Way to early in the game to know.
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby Don L on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm

There was one person out there that was spreading false rumors about BPR waaaay before the fire. (And I'm not saying that it was the "BPR regular" mentioned here-I don't know who that person is.) Some of the rumors got back to me for verification, and that's how I found out. Now with things at BPR "out of the ordinary" for a while, it'll be interesting to hear what gets passed around. One I heard last Friday was "I hear that Roger's not going to fix the place-he just wants to sell it." That was never said, or even considered.

Don
Lots of Other Stuff
Don L

Postby rukwikenuf on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, I thought it was a bit premature
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby XDM45 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:03 pm

TH3180 wrote:
rukwikenuf wrote:i was told yesterday by a regular from BPR who was shooting at Bill's (and apparently is a casual acquaintence of Roger and Sue) that BPR is going to take a large check from the insurance company and update their facilities. this gentleman also said that they are possibly going to be closed until December. any truth to that?

I just talked to Sue directly. They have no clue when they are going to reopen. Way to early in the game to know.

I spoke to her as well and yes, it's a bit premature. I'll let her, Roger or Don provide an update. I do know and can say that they will be back for sure and better than ever it sounds like.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Sammichman on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Going to Savage to get a Haircut Saturday maybe I,ll take a ride to BPR,,and see if Roger or Sue are about
Sammichman

Postby Sammichman on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Stopped by BPR today,,Talked to Roger a Little,,he seemed in good spirits and said they will do a partial re-opening in a few weeks with more of a formal re-opening when all the work is completed,,,I don,t know if Roger visits this sight but I passed along MN gun talks best wishes and offers of support
Sammichman

Postby unit44justin on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm

So are they doing the rifle bays only? I've been really wanting to take the guns out but don't want to go to gander and Bills is a bit of a hike.
unit44justin

Postby Don L on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:14 pm

The range is closed, for a few weeks anyway.
Lots of Other Stuff
Don L

Postby unit44justin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Any updates for BPR on how they are coming along?
unit44justin

Postby Don L on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 am

Work has started on restoring the classroom and the rifle bay. Once they're in shape, they'll open up on a limited basis.
Lots of Other Stuff
Don L

Postby V Man on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:05 am

I saw Roger at Menard's last weekend with a flat cart full of ceiling tiles. I hope they are back up and running soon.
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Return to General Gun Chat