Visiting my sister and I got frisked....

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby mzdadoc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm visiting my sister in Pleasant Prairie WI at their farm property. They have a path that leads between the fields to what they call their park. It opens up surrounded by trees where they have a fire pit and a barbecue. It's truly a great place for parties of which I've been to as far as I can remember.
I didn't take time to call the local PD to check local laws since no one is near by. I did my safety walk around behind what I was shooting against and all was good. Shooting my pistols and a 22 rifle my angle was downward and going into the wood pile.
My brother in law is lying if his lips are moving in a good fun way so when my son called me from the house saying the police wanted to talk to me I wasn't a believer!
I asked to speak to said officer who I figured was just my brothers buddy acting. He did sound convincing and asked me to come to the house without my guns.
As I rode back to the house on the golf cart there he was dressed in blue. Got a pat down and checked my license and I even showed my carry permit.
As it turns out you can't shoot any single projectile gun. My son and nephews said the officer said this includes paintball, air soft, and nerf guns. This part may be the joke but I wouldn't be surprised. I guess a neighbor called. 2nd day here and no more shooting..... ;(. Oh well!!!!
mzdadoc

Re: Visiting my sister and I got frisked....

Postby Scratch on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 pm

It's about time they ban high capacity Nerf guns in this state!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby FJ540 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 am

Another reason I need to get my range done - so I can get grandfathered in if the citiots enact this crap in my township.
FJ540

Postby bulletproof on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:58 am

You should be thankful the title doesn't read "Visiting my sister and I got charged with a felony"

Not knowing what the local ordinances are before discharging a firearm is completely stupid. Especially when you're not even on your own property!
bulletproof

Postby photogpat on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:01 am

FJ540 wrote:Another reason I need to get my range done - so I can get grandfathered in if the citiots enact this crap in my township.

Are private "ranges" on your property covered under the "Range Protection Act"?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby grousemaster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:07 am

bulletproof wrote:You should be thankful the title doesn't read "Visiting my sister and I got charged with a felony"

Not knowing what the local ordinances are before discharging a firearm is completely stupid. Especially when you're not even on your own property!

and it begins.... :?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby GunGoogler on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 am

grousemaster wrote:
bulletproof wrote:You should be thankful the title doesn't read "Visiting my sister and I got charged with a felony"

and it begins.... :?

134301949997.gif
134301949997.gif (1.12 MB) Viewed 4894 times
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby bulletproof on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 am

grousemaster wrote:and it begins.... :?

Do you disagree? It's a fairly common for towns to have ordinances against discharging firearms without a permit, or prior authorization. People have been jailed and charged for breaking such laws.

Perhaps the original poster should also be aware that he needs a license to hunt and that he cant just climb a tree and start shooting deer?
bulletproof

Postby grousemaster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 am

bulletproof wrote:
grousemaster wrote:and it begins.... :?

Do you disagree? It's a fairly common for towns to have ordinances against discharging firearms without a permit, or prior authorization. People have been jailed and charged for breaking such laws.

Perhaps the original poster should also be aware that he needs a license to hunt and that he cant just climb a tree and start shooting deer?

lol....and it continues. Sounds like he already got brought up to speed by the cops...not sure that piling it on here is going to help any. Who am I to stop it though....

Check local ordinances you jackass!!! What were you thinking?!?!?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby gunforhire on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 am

Sounds like you assumed one thing and learned quite another. Glad it didn't cost you your guns or rights. I ain't tryin to pass judgement or anything like that, but did you ask your sister before you went out back?

Just remember from now on:

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

:D
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby grousemaster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 am

This makes us look bad.
Last edited by grousemaster on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Scratch on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

IBTL.....
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby mzdadoc on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:11 pm

LOL
mzdadoc

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:30 pm

What some people need to realize is that a LOT of small towns out in the country have extended their "city limits" to incorporate whole counties and such. So a lot of farms and wood lots are now "in side city limits". So yes, it would be wise to check the local ordinances first.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby FJ540 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:22 pm

photogpat wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Another reason I need to get my range done - so I can get grandfathered in if the citiots enact this crap in my township.

Are private "ranges" on your property covered under the "Range Protection Act"?

I'm not sure, but we do have the DNR to sanction shooting ranges so you can still shoot within 5 or 7 (I forget the reg) days of Rifle opener for deer.

If I can establish regular use, then I should be able to keep doing it. I mainly worry about a land developing neighbor. One neighbor's daughter now wants a 10 acre lot that borders where my 2-400yd targets will be. There's no way of knowing what the other neighbor who'll be right along side the short range will do when they're no longer able to live there. It's only $750 to get a license for public use in crow wing county - if I can get my wife to agree to it, I may own the best thing next to Harris for 800yds.
FJ540

Return to General Gun Chat