Question the serial number on new guns not purchased

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Question the serial number on new guns not purchased

Postby Heffay on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Countryfried Frank wrote:
falgore wrote:Consider this military personnel and vets who have been trained to kill other people including children. They have **** load of baggage from that. and their lack of fear for death.

I'm not quite sure how to take that falgore. My recollection of my military experience was a lot of training in how to keep the systems that identify the baddies working properly with the objective of avoiding as many non-baddie fatalities as possible. Your statement almost looks like a personal attack on me and the other members of this board that are vets. Admittedly I have only been quickly scanning this topic but considering I quoted an entire paragraph as defined by carriage returns I think I avoid taking this out of context. I pray you find the help you need however, I weep for my tax dollars that line your pockets.

Your military training must have been incomplete. We had many hours of training on how to kill children. Who was your commanding officer?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Re: Re: Question the serial number on new guns not purchased

Postby goett047 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Paul wrote:Falgore,

What exactly are your disabilities? You're obviously an intelligent person, can spend hours a day conversing with people online, or playing World of Warcraft. Are physically capable of riding a bike, shooting a slug gun, hauling a deer out of the woods and processing it on your own.

So..... Given all that you're handi-capable of doing (see what I did there?) what's preventing you from getting a job of some sort?

I know plenty of people, who based on descriptions of yourself, are physically much worse off... But they manage to get up every morning, drink a big cup of man the **** up, and go to work.

Thanks.

I couldn't think of a better way to put this...and I was trying to for awhile.
goett047

Postby tazdevil on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 pm

falgore wrote:sounds to me she lied on the application is committing multiple felonies. especially if she is using while getting disabilities. instead of making me a criminal you need to report them for actions you have witnessed. Your part of the problem for not doing so. If I even knew of 1 I would be reporting them. I know a lot of people who are disabled and none of them do drugs illegally.

Your assuming a lot there by telling me I'm part of the problem. I have witnessed only the fact she was high, not actually seen her do drugs. Unless you physically see the action, they are not going to follow up on it (I know I tried reporting once, they only wanted to investigate if I actually saw her do drugs. Otherwise, and to quote them "You could be sued by her for false reporting, regardless of how true it may seem to be."). I am not accusing disabled people of illegaly getting disability, I know some that should be on, and can't get it. However, I have seen many who are on it, that should not be!
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby falgore on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Halfchrome wrote:Aside from your absolutely insane viewpoints, if you really want to deer hunt for food you should buy a basic 870 slug gun for under 300 at a pawn shop, it will last forever. But at the end of the day, there are many perfectly able people who deer hunt without even seeing a deer out in the field let alone harvest one every season. What u are trying to do is gambling, there is a good possibility that you may not harvest a deer and be in a worse situation than u currently are. There are food shelfs that can help you if needed, I suggest giving them a call.

they are only good to about 50 yards and none of the pawnshops available to me sell guns . And the one that might have a gun, I am banned from, because I kept reporting them for selling stolen city property in which the city was able to recover.
Not been our family experience. we are over populated here. when I was bow hunting the day went solo saw over 40 of them problem is they were out of reach of the bows range. I pointed out I need accuracy and range of a rifle but it has to be a 12 ga. basic 870 doesn't fit that bill. a cheap right handed bolt action doesn't either, I am a lefty. and repairing a lefty is a pain in the ass.

But then whether I could afford this gun or not was never even up for discussion. Been saving for a year combined with tax return add trading a few items from my old life i got it covered.

What this whole debacle was about is making sure I get the "RIGHT" gun, I asked for, from a online gun-store, when my experience here with the 3 local ones all told me they had it only to get there and they would show the wrong gun :roll:

Actually the food shelves can't help either if they have no food or little food to give. 4 out of 5 times I go there I leave empty handed. in the last year I have gone 6-7 months with nothing from them. The churches that give out meals from the food donated by restaurants I can't eat, due to food additive toxicity level, being to high for my body to handle, that I wind up in the hospital. You and I both do not want that.

I beg to differ did you not see my comment regarding give a fish, eat a day .teach him to fish, eat a life time? Knowing how to hunt makes all the difference. Party hunting increases your odds. Just going to a patch of land and setting up a stand of course there is a good chance you will not get anything. key is scope ahead. find out where the deer are hanging out regularly. I got the advantage of farmland all around with plenty of water, and woods. heck there lot of deer right here in the city limits, too bad can't hunt them. in 5 years our family only failed to fill 1. my bow permit. and school/work was in the way from me being out there every day during the season. butchering your own deer is fun. its food and biology class roiled in one :) can be a little gross though, especially when the meat hadn't been aged. with the exception of the deer my father let age too long. lets just say they had to burn the shed to sterilize it.

Insane view points how so? what is insane about my view points? If I do have insane view points what are they and how are they insane? Isn't kind of insane of accusing someones view points as being insane without supporting your own view as to why they are insane?

read here for example of proper Etiquette of calling someone view point insane and backing your view of it. note the first post and the second post. http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum ... f6a73a649a

other than that, appreciate your help, had already thought of those thing before considering taking hunting up again.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Following is just general stuff

Only real reason I went off topic was to address some of the one lines That were simply off the mark about some actions was taking on my part. One fault I know I have is I like to debate especially devils advocate so to speak. talking different angles etc. Some of the angles I speak from are not necessarily the ones I follow in real life with action. In the end its justice and fairness I seek, Not hand outs or revenge. If I wanted handouts, I would not have mentioned anything about hunting and demanded that you give me everything I need to survive and live in relative comfort.

Think about what social responsibility is. If you truly understand what that is, then you may understand some of the points I make, that may seem a little out there. If we are a society then we all have a responsibility to one another and the failure to uphold that responsibility is the collapse of society..

If we are not a society, then its "dog eat dog" and screw thy neighbor, left and right, so I can have ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING i want or would ever desire..

I try to practice social responsibility every day, example I gave a cantaloupe to a neighbor who has even less than I do, on sunday. Yesterday held door open for a guy in power chair to get into kwik trip (everyone, except I, wouldn't acknowledge him). Last Saturday, I offered and carried a bag of meat from the farmers market to a lady's car, because she was over burdened with a heavy load , total stranger. This all occurs in the little time that I get out of my apartment.

How many times a day do you help others , that is not necessary for your job?

OK people probably wonder why I write long posts.... I am use to chat rooms, years ago (MSN chat rooms as example) where ideas and thoughts could be share rapidly. Since that doesn't happen in a forum like this, I tend to have a conversation in my head beyond that of what is posted by others due to time it takes to get responses back. If this was a chat room, my posts would be short like the rest of yours and be based on what is actually being said by others with little sidetracking if at all.

I get stuck in debate mode, with this kind of format, and I apologize for it.
falgore

Postby falgore on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:35 pm

tazdevil wrote:
falgore wrote:sounds to me she lied on the application is committing multiple felonies. especially if she is using while getting disabilities. instead of making me a criminal you need to report them for actions you have witnessed. Your part of the problem for not doing so. If I even knew of 1 I would be reporting them. I know a lot of people who are disabled and none of them do drugs illegally.

Your assuming a lot there by telling me I'm part of the problem. I have witnessed only the fact she was high, not actually seen her do drugs. Unless you physically see the action, they are not going to follow up on it (I know I tried reporting once, they only wanted to investigate if I actually saw her do drugs. Otherwise, and to quote them "You could be sued by her for false reporting, regardless of how true it may seem to be."). I am not accusing disabled people of illegaly getting disability, I know some that should be on, and can't get it. However, I have seen many who are on it, that should not be!

No she couldn't sue you, no more than I could sue someone for calling the cops and telling them, a bad person was hanging around the park back when I was homeless and was only sitting in my van reading a book.

Not to mention SSA can not tell her who reported her. SSA will have it on record you reported it but they will not tell her Especially if you inform them that your information is to be withheld from her, point out the following as reason why : due to risk of retaliation on the person who was trying to uphold their social duty.

Only way she might find out it was you, is if it goes to court and she get a good lawyer, which is low unless she has rich friends. And that lawyer called to as witness.
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers ... rity-fraud

this next one is the one you should use if it is an issue https://www.socialsecurity.gov/fraudrep ... g/form.htm
falgore

Postby falgore on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 pm

anyway, enough of this thread I had my question solved earlier. I will not be posting to this thread again it got totally derailed, partially my fault with the TMI

Please in the future, keep the derailing comments to yourself , if you do not have an answer for a question I posted.

A good response was the Suggestion to use the manufacturer SKU when searching for guns.

And I greatly appreciated that, because that was what the thread was truly about..
falgore

Postby Paul on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

What exactly are your disabilities? You're obviously an intelligent person, can spend hours a day conversing with people online, or playing World of Warcraft. Are physically capable of riding a bike, shooting a slug gun, hauling a deer out of the woods and processing it on your own.

So..... Given all that you're handi-capable of doing (see what I did there?) what's preventing you from getting a job of some sort?

I know plenty of people, who based on descriptions of yourself, are physically much worse off... But they manage to get up every morning, drink a big cup of man the **** up, and go to work.

Thanks.

I see you are ignoring the most obvious and direct question. Typical troll. I have a feeling your stay here will be short.
Paul

Re: Re: Question the serial number on new guns not purchased

Postby goett047 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Paul wrote:

Thanks.

I see you are ignoring the most obvious and direct question. Typical troll. I have a feeling your stay here will be short.

We can only hope. IBTL
goett047

Postby goalie on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 pm

falgore wrote: when I was bow hunting the day went solo saw over 40 of them problem is they were out of reach of the bows range.

Now that there is freaking gold. Pure and shiny. I've shot a few dozen over the last several years, to the point where I point out that I am "harvesting" not "hunting" where I am lucky enough to go. I can't imagine seeing 40 until they yard-up.

Gold.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby tman on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Paul wrote:

Thanks.

He said he has anxiety issues. Somewhere on page 2 or 3.

I'm still trying to figure out the "food toxicity" thing. That was kind of vague.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Paul on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Of course he has anxiety issues. If you recall from that previous thread, he had cops like you harassing him. Now here you are, following him from the streets to the forums.

Shameful.
Paul

Postby Lunchbox on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 pm

If he has food toxicity issues, is a diet full of wild game the best way to go?
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby Anokamnman on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 am

Paul wrote:Of course he has anxiety issues. If you recall from that previous thread, he had cops like you harassing him. Now here you are, following him from the streets to the forums.

Shameful.

BAZINGA
Wrap that around your overly muscled left wing and row your dinghy in counterclockwise circles as a result.
Anokamnman

Postby ttousi on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:38 am

This particular gun is one of the best rated long range 12ga for 1/2 the price of other long range 12ga. I am just following the recommendations of the pros. my intention is to hit between 100 - 250 yd where my noise level would be drowned out by wind.

approximately a 4 inch drop at 50 yds with a slug IIRC...........so holding 2ft high at 250 yds ought to do it

I call BS on 250 yds with a slug

:roll:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby JJ on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:08 am

ttousi wrote:
This particular gun is one of the best rated long range 12ga for 1/2 the price of other long range 12ga. I am just following the recommendations of the pros. my intention is to hit between 100 - 250 yd where my noise level would be drowned out by wind.

approximately a 4 inch drop at 50 yds with a slug IIRC...........so holding 2ft high at 250 yds ought to do it

I call BS on 250 yds with a slug

:roll:

My cousin took an 8pt buck down at our farm with an 870 rifled/cantilevered barrel that we range found at 275 yds. Not that difficult with a rifled barrel and sabots if you can figure out your drops.

Of course we practice on gongs out to 300 there, so he knew his weapon well.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat