Gander Mountain - Where Kwality has no limits!!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Gander Mountain - Where Kwality has no limits!!

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, at least LOWER limits!!
Apparently this one is for sale at the Woodbury GM for the same high price as all the rest of them.....

Do these people have any professionalism, brains, or sense of shame whatsoever??
Apologies for the cellphone pics, and I didn't really capture how far the one side of this can has been beaten in..
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Re: Gander Mountain - Where Kwality has no limits!!

Postby ttousi on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:06 pm

ordered some of these.......shipping was bout 16 .00 on a dozen

High quality

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/u ... -condition

ETA and no tax
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby yuppiejr on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:46 pm

That one and the exterior condition of the others in the same pile look worse than the "B" grade cans that Wideners was selling in bundles of 9 for $50 plus shipping.
yuppiejr

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Why is everyone still surprised by this?

News flash.

Gander Mountain sucks.

/Thread
If you're reading this, there are better than even odds you are a d-bag.
Stradawhovious

Postby promod1385 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 pm

What do you want them to do Sam sort each pallet by hand?

They are no different than any other retailer, they buy them at auction by the pallet (or truck load). Its just part of the deal, some of them are dented, some are scratched, regardless they are all milsurp ammo cans.
promod1385

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:09 pm

promod1385 wrote:They are no different than any other retailer,

Except most other places have them for $7 a can (give or take a buck), and they aren't beat beyond use.

So yeah.... I'd say they are pretty different than most other retailers.
Stradawhovious

Postby promod1385 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
promod1385 wrote:They are no different than any other retailer,

Except most other places have them for $7 a can (give or take a buck), and they aren't beat beyond use.

So yeah.... I'd say they are pretty different than most other retailers.

If you can get them for such a great price at other places go buy them there! I have no problem with retailers charging whatever they want to charge for something. Its getting old listening to you guys biatch and moan here on MNGT about Gander, If you dont like the way they do business then stop showing up to shop there stuff.
promod1385

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm

promod1385 wrote:If you can get them for such a great price at other places go buy them there! I have no problem with retailers charging whatever they want to charge for something. Its getting old listening to you guys biatch and moan here on MNGT about Gander, If you dont like the way they do business then stop showing up to shop there stuff.

Shop elsewhere? I do. Trust me.

Its getting old watching Gander mountain take advantage of people. If youre getting tired of people here bitching an moaning about Gander, you should read other threads. I have no problem with people exercising their First Amendment right in complaining about a business whose practices they find to be shady at best.

Lemmie guess....... You work there. Tell you what, if that's the case, I sure hope they treat their employees better than they do their customers.
Stradawhovious

Postby promod1385 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Stradawhovious wrote:
promod1385 wrote:If you can get them for such a great price at other places go buy them there! I have no problem with retailers charging whatever they want to charge for something. Its getting old listening to you guys biatch and moan here on MNGT about Gander, If you dont like the way they do business then stop showing up to shop there stuff.

Shop elsewhere? I do. Trust me.

Its getting old watching Gander mountain take advantage of people. If youre getting tired of people here bitching an moaning about Gander, you should read other threads. I have no problem with people exercising their First Amendment right in complaining about a business whose practices they find to be shady at best.

Lemmie guess....... You work there. Tell you what, if that's the case, I sure hope they treat their employees better than they do their customers.

LOL, work there? No, I gave up retail years ago.

Dont try and make this a constitutional issue that has nothing to do with it. People can waste all the time they want complaining about whatever they like and in the same regard I can complain about them just the same.

Bottom line is this. I think anyone who has "so many problems" with a retailer and still keeps going back is pathetic, get a life and find a real issue to complain about. Go volunteer at a campaign, form a new political party, whatever you choose... my point is that you should try to create some change in this country and not sit at home complaining about the same issues. If people want to charge $X for there product they have the same right to do so as anyone else.

"Its getting old watching Gander mountain take advantage of people" How is Gander taking advantage of anyone? If people choose to go there and buy stuff thats there right just the same as you and I have the right to sit here and complain about them.
promod1385

Postby Stradawhovious on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:23 pm

You are still assuming I shop there. I don't.

You complain about people bitching about Gander...... What.... They aren't allowed to because it pisses you off?

Say what you will about what you want, but don't tell me what I can't say. Ever. It won't get you very far.

Funny thing. You tell me I have the right to complain about Gander, yet you chastise me for doing just that, in the same breath. Do they have the right to take advantage of people who don't know any better by charging more than retail on many of their items? Sure they do. I have the right to complain. Like it or not.

Sounds to me that someone needs a dose of their own medicine.

Have a great night!

Oh yeah...... Gander sucks. :P
Stradawhovious

Postby 45Badger on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 am

I love goose hill about 8% of the time. I figure I drop in 1x per month or so. Buy about 1 used gun per year at a crazy deal (yes, it happens). My methodology- I make a bee-line for the used gun counter, browse it, leave. I just ignore the rest of the store.

On ammo cans- Please share (PMs are fine) the $7 source. Back in PA, I never paid n more than $5 per .50 can or 3.50 per .30 can. Prices here are crazy. I bought 6 yesterday up north for $11/can, tax included at a small general store north of Askov. Pricey in my book, but I need some and they are in mint condition.
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby photogpat on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:51 am

45Badger wrote:I love goose hill about 8% of the time. I figure I drop in 1x per month or so. Buy about 1 used gun per year at a crazy deal (yes, it happens). My methodology- I make a bee-line for the used gun counter, browse it, leave. I just ignore the rest of the store.

On ammo cans- Please share (PMs are fine) the $7 source. Back in PA, I never paid n more than $5 per .50 can or 3.50 per .30 can. Prices here are crazy. I bought 6 yesterday up north for $11/can, tax included at a small general store north of Askov. Pricey in my book, but I need some and they are in mint condition.

Bought 3 .50's from Sportsmans Guide in the last 3 weeks...grand total of $15....and these are in FAR FAR FAR better shape than Gougers.

Heres my review of Gouger Mtn - SUCKS, expensive, and a waste of time. YMMV.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Terry on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 am

$12.99 looks like a great deal :shock:

....for Gander Mountain!

You are probably paying more for the extra dents in them :lol:
Terry

Postby Shipyard on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:29 am

YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS! you have no idea what you're even dealing with, gettiing your panties all in a bunch and wasting all this time.complaining....

They're speed dents. They make the can go FASTER!

Anyone who thinks THAT'S not worth $12.99..... Well..... :?
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby goett047 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 am

Makes it more aerodynamic, like a golf ball
goett047

Next

Return to General Gun Chat