Found.. Thanks..

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Found.. Thanks..

Postby DonT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

Hey Folks,

I know it's not hard but I am not interested in fooling with with it. I have 4 maybe 5 Sterling magazines I need to have the bodies and base plates parked on. I can degrease them but don' t have a blast cabinet. Size wise think Sten mag with a shaped like an ak mag.

Anyone do hobby parkerizing and wanna tackle this.. I don't need it to be perfect and don't expect someone to do it for free. I am on the north side of Cities (White Bear Lake). Heck I would even wait until you had some of your own stuff to do.

I would prefer the darker blackish color rathere than the zinc light grey... Nothing like being picky, huh :shock:

Lemme know if you wanna tackle this we can work out the details.....

Thanks..
DonT
Last edited by DonT on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonT
DonT

Re: Anybody doing Parkerizing?

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

And I may have some 50BMG barrels to add to the mix.
OldmanFCSA

Postby hoel6466 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm

I can handle the mags no problem. I have both manganese phospate and zinc phospate but they both turn out dark grey. I'm currently set up with the manganese.

I'm sorry but I cant tackle the barrels. I never got around to getting a long tank and couldn't perfect the process using cheaper methods.

I live in Columbia Heights and work near 280 and 94 it would probably take me about a week to find the time. Let me know if you are interested.
hoel6466

Postby DonT on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

That would work out great as my office is in New Brighton and depending on what time you get done with work maybe I could drop them off one afternoon after work.
I need to get them degreased and should be able to do that in the next day or so. I can drop you a note when I get that done and then we can work out the details.

Do you have a blast cabinet??

DonT
DonT
DonT

Postby hoel6466 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Yes but I'll probably take them to work and blast them there in my off time. It goes alot faster when I'm not waiting on my compressor.
Monday and Wednesday I work till 6PM, the rest of the week I'm home by 4:30-5. I'll shoot you my contact info in a PM we can work the rest out there.
hoel6466

Return to General Gun Chat