Do we have to worry about or gun right?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby stcspiderman on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 am

Seems no matter where I go, I here people talking about newtown shooting. people are saying we need to take hi capacity Mags ban assault weapons. The way I look at it if some sick evil person want to kill a bunch of people they will do it anyway they can.

stcspiderman

Postby bstrawse on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 am

Yes, we should be worried.

Immediate actions you can take:
1). Join or renew with the NRA
2). Consider joining SAF
3). Write your state & federal representatives and Senator
4). Watch for action alerts from NRA, GOCRA, SAF - call when they ask, write or email when they ask
5). Join the GOCRA Mailing List
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Re: Do we have to worry about or gun right?

Postby Heffay on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 am

I would say after the Heller decision, our rights are more secure than ever before. We may have to worry about cosmetic restrictions in the short term, but I don't think even that will have much of an impact.

In fact, maybe we should frame the debate like that. "Let's not discuss making cosmetic restrictions on guns, but rather how to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them."
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby JustPlainT on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:30 am

Yes, you do need to worry.

What you can do:

1. Buy ammunition
2. Buy magazines
3. Make sure you have the guns/spare parts you need

I'm not trusting the NRA until I hear from them on Friday, and then I'll decide whether or not they're planning to sell us out.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby GunClasses.Net on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:34 am

JustPlainT wrote:I'm not trusting the NRA until I hear from them on Friday, and then I'll decide whether or not they're planning to sell us out.

I hear what you're saying and I respect your decision. If you do decide to join, they have a deal now to join for $25 instead of $35:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI025409

You can renew and you can give a membership as a gift through the site, too.
See us for gun training and resources at http://gunclasses.net and http://mnconcealedcarry.com

We also recommend Krav Maga, by IKMF-certified instructors: http://www.kravmagampls.com
GunClasses.Net

Postby FJ540 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 am

Threaded barrels are cosmetic? A functional collapsing stock is cosmetic? A reasonable magazine capacity for a carbine coarse is cosmetic? Needing a frigging bullet button to detach said ridiculously small magazine is cosmetic? Needing a thumbhole stock is cosmetic?

I say we tell them to shove their ineffective restrictions straight up where they're hiding their heads.

Columbine happened 5 years into the clinton ban - how well did that work?

The NFA and GCA were both enacted to prevent gang violence - not exactly doing a damn bit of good when the freaking Feds are handing over guns to the gangs!

If it was up to me, we'd ban gun restrictions. People would be able to get whatever they wanted, and the idiots would be fair game to get shot. It's time to declare open season on the cartels and street gangs here (who don't give a flying hoot about our current oppressive laws), and stop worrying about freak isolated incidents of crazy.
FJ540

Postby Heffay on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 am

FJ540 wrote:Threaded barrels are cosmetic? A functional collapsing stock is cosmetic? A reasonable magazine capacity for a carbine coarse is cosmetic? Needing a frigging bullet button to detach said ridiculously small magazine is cosmetic? Needing a thumbhole stock is cosmetic?

If you REFER TO THEM AS COSMETIC, it's called framing the debate.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

FJ540 wrote:If it was up to me, we'd ban gun restrictions.

Well, it isn't up to you, and you live in a society with people who vote and have different opinions. So you either learn to work and talk with them, or you eventually become irrelevant.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Glenn_S on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 am

This directly relates to my other thread about gun style. The black guns in general are no different than the "classic" rifle, yet they are PERCIEVED to be more dangerous. IMHO, tacticool has not helped the cause. I know, it is no different than a regular pickup vs. a 4x4 with big tires and loud exhaust. But the PERCEPTION is what people base their opinions on and ultimately base their vote.

We know something is likely to be legislated, we just need to properly direct the conversations, give a little and keep the rest. Lose the battle but win the war.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
Glenn_S

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

Don't take my guns!

Guns are evil and must be eliminated!

Thunder71

Postby FJ540 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 am

When they give us national kalifornia style regulations, you can all be happy you didn't protest enough.
FJ540

Postby JustPlainT on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 am

GunClasses.Net wrote:I hear what you're saying and I respect your decision. If you do decide to join, they have a deal now to join for $25 instead of $35:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=XI025409

You can renew and you can give a membership as a gift through the site, too.

I'm already a current member, not up for renewal yet. Whatever happens in the next few days will determine whether or not that will stay the case.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby FJ540 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 am

Harry Reid is in office thanks to the NRA. I'll pass...
FJ540

Postby plblark on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 am

and Harry Reid has been very good on gun rights and kept some things from getting through thanks to his position and seniority. The R does NOT stand for "Republican" and the NRA is a GUN RIGHTS advocacy group. They'd do much better to support the hell out of Dems that are good on guns to PROVE they're single issue ...

1 good Democratic Gun supporter is worth 10 mediocre inactive Republican supporters. It takes courage, conviction, and patience but at least speaks the language and sounds so reasonable on all the other topics they'll discuss that some of that almost HAS to reflect on their gun views as long as they're careful in phrasing ...
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby peckerhead on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am

Last time I bought a NRA membership, they stuffed my mailbox with so much junk mail that I couldn't wait for it to run out.

I'd halfway consider another one if I could get them to agree to refrain from contacting me by mail.
peckerhead

Postby plblark on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 am

Call them and tell them!
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Next

Return to General Gun Chat