Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

OBAMA SAYS TOP PRIORITY 2013- GUN CONTROL

Postby LarryP on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 am

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... es-in-2013

This is going to get real bad this year
LarryP

Re: OBAMA SAYS TOP PRIORITY 2013- GUN CONTROL

Postby wildfan1 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 am

Stripping away the rights of law abiding gun owners is definitely a higher priority than bankrupting the country :roll:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
wildfan1

Postby bstrawse on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 am

We will all need to take action, convince our friends and neighbors with logic and facts, and stay on top of this issue. Otherwise, this is going to make 1994 look like a walk in the park for the antis.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I've begun to think this battle is directed at, and will be won or lost with the hearts and minds of the fudds.

This, and every similar similar announcement has carefully acknowledged 'responsible gun owners' and in the next breath mentioned something regarding 'high capacity' that needs correcting...
and the sad irony for those who fall for this is that they're next up, if an AWB takes place.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Unfortunately I'm seeing some friends and relatives that where always pro-gun falling for a LOT of the BS on mags and "assault weapons". It's a hard sell to get them back. Can't tell how many show and tells I have had to do with my AR for why we want them and how quickly a mag change can be made to bring only some of them back. And even then they blend right into school protection etc.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Notice that Tom Vilsack mentions hunters. I can't begin to count the number of people who I have heard say "no one needs a 30 round magazine to shoot deer" or "I see nothing wrong with someone owning a rifle or shotgun for hunting."
Last edited by LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby LarryP on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:40 pm

No matter how you feel about them, We all need to support the NRA in the upcoming month. If you're not a member, JOIN NOW! Strength in numbers
Without them we would of lost all gun ownership rights eons ago.
LarryP

Postby sansooshooter on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:23 pm

THE anti gun lobby and the media will push the reasonable regulation B.S.! Many non gun people are already on the semi auto ban wagon. They say why does anyone need a semi auto high capacity gun.
They have no clue the reality of stress shooting . I point out that if 2 or 3 guys attack me or break into my house a single shot is not going to offer me much of a advantage.
What is a woman suppose to do if facing a couple of men.

A high capacity semi auto is a reasonable weapon for self defense. It is the perfect self defense firearm.
I usually use the argument if I attacked you with a knife could you stop me with your hands ? Or would you rather have a gun?
Most people don't know the 21 foot rule. Most of my friends know that I have a extensive knife fighting background. They always answer that they would want a gun.

So put them in a situation where their personal safety and family is in danger and the anti gun stance no longer seems so reasonable.

The fudds will feed us to the crocodile and tell themselves they are doing the right thing and believe it . Right up till they feel the teeth clamping down on their ass!
sansooshooter

Postby MasonK on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:31 pm

sansooshooter wrote:The fudds will feed us to the crocodile and tell themselves they are doing the right thing and believe it . Right up till they feel the teeth clamping down on their ass!

Precisely why I point out that their Remington 700 with .300 Win Mag can reach out and touch someone at 1000m; this is not a hunting distance- that will be considered a sniper distance in the next round of the fight. Maybe the next ban will only allow single shot bolt-action rifles for the 'Legitimate Hunter'?

After all, that is responsible legislation which is just common-sense.
MasonK

Postby mikereilly on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm

maybe the best response is ...."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Sadly the POTUS didn't study Constitutional law at a quality school...
mikereilly

Postby LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 pm

mikereilly wrote:maybe the best response is ...."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

He did study at a reputable institution but it was (and is) run by leftists. With his radical militant influences, he (and Pelosi) see the Bill of Rights as a document of negative liberties. It defines what the government cannot do to the citizenry.
Last edited by LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

OBAMA SAYS TOP PRIORITY 2013- GUN CONTROL

Postby xd ED on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 pm

mikereilly wrote:maybe the best response is ...."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A very valid point.
When we attempt justifications and the explanations of ' needs' , we come to the table having given away $2 of the $5 in our pocket. Now it's fine to try to convince friends and families why our hobbies are worthy endeavors. But that's not what the approaching fight is about.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby XDM45 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 pm

LePetomane wrote:I've been asked why I need a .44 magnum or a .357 magnum to put a whole in a piece of paper. All by people who hunt.

Once again as I've mentioned before, we need to bond together, not get into little groups against other gun owners. We are ALL gun owners no matter if we collect them, use them for hunting, target practice, purchased them for self-defense, etc. United we stand, divided we fall.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby LePetomane on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

XDM45 wrote:
LePetomane wrote:I've been asked why I need a .44 magnum or a .357 magnum to put a whole in a piece of paper. All by people who hunt.

Once again as I've mentioned before, we need to bond together, not get into little groups against other gun owners. We are ALL gun owners no matter if we collect them, use them for hunting, target practice, purchased them for self-defense, etc. United we stand, divided we fall.

Agreed, XDM45. We cannot afford to let the politicians divide us. The problem is that there is a captive audience in this state under the illusion that their gun ownership is not threatened. They are told that hunting is an age old tradition in Minnesota. They are actively antagonizing the handgun and semiautomatic rifle owners. I hear it all of the time. I tell them that we are all in this together. They don't buy it. Was it Thomas Jefferson who said that we will hang together or hang separately?
LePetomane

Postby XDM45 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm

LePetomane wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

Agreed, XDM45. We cannot afford to let the politicians divide us. The problem is that there is a captive audience in this state under the illusion that their gun ownership is not threatened. They are told that hunting is an age old tradition in Minnesota. They are actively antagonizing the handgun and semiautomatic rifle owners. I hear it all of the time. I tell them that we are all in this together. They don't buy it. Was it Thomas Jefferson who said that we will hang together or hang separately?

Agreed.

As far as "age old traditions" go....

1776 - Second Amendment
1858 - State of Minnesota formed.

Without the SA, there wouldn't be hunting anywhere, let alone in MN, with a gun. The hunters have it backwards.

So, I know we all like to vent on message boards over the anti-gun stuff, and that's great, but it's absolutely worthless other than a feel-good kind of thing for us gun owners..... the question is, what can we DO? ***AND*** what can we DO that will make a difference?

I am re-upping my NRA Membership
Writing an email to everyone I know to educate them and seek further knowledge.
Looking to hear from GOCRA and any other organizations, petitions, etc.
Contacting my district and state reporesentatives

...and it's not enough.

If you havem ore ideas, say them here, but we need a plan. We need to mobilize.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Next

Return to General Gun Chat