Alternative to CTD

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Alternative to CTD

Postby TooFewGuns on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I am not ready to go back to Cheaper Than Dirt, as I am frustrated with their current policies. Can you guys suggest an alternative? I am looking for a similar site, something that carries everything at a reasonable price (or at least they used to). I shop Brownells for parts and tools, but they are not a discount retailer by any means. Specifically, I am looking for mag pouches, bags and some holsters.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Re: Alternative to CTD

Postby t140 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm

t140

Postby rugersol on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

http://9x23.net/?show=links ... if ya hover yer mouse over each link, it pops up with what they sell mostly! ;)

If ya got any interest in Blade-Tech, I'd go to http://unholstered.com ... local guy ... best prices there is!
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby driztan on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm

TooFewGuns wrote:I am not ready to go back to Cheaper Than Dirt, as I am frustrated with their current policies. Can you guys suggest an alternative? I am looking for a similar site, something that carries everything at a reasonable price (or at least they used to). I shop Brownells for parts and tools, but they are not a discount retailer by any means. Specifically, I am looking for mag pouches, bags and some holsters.

Don't go back! I also just had them try their shady business practice on me. I choose to share my experience with a close friend who than informed me, "oh man I have boycotted those jerks for years."

So tell your friends lol.

Brownells is decent...

But I almost made this exact post last week, excited to see the opinions.
driztan

Postby JustPlainT on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Brownells and MidwayUSA both come to mind as places I have had good dealings with in the past.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby FJ540 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 pm

If you tend to keep your stuff, Brownells has lifetime satisfaction on everything they sell. That, and they mean it, is reason to give them a couple extra bucks.

I also like how (when they're not swamped) ground shipping is really overnight. :)
FJ540

Postby Momosa on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm

I too have removed all items from my "cart" on the CTD website.....I was already getting irritated with their high shipping costs but the most recent price gouging in the middle of the scare tactics was the final straw for me too. I had ordered stuff quite a bit from them recently too.
If you must snap, please leave your guns at home. We don't really care if they ban claw hammers tho!!!
Momosa

Postby XDM45 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Momosa wrote:I too have removed all items from my "cart" on the CTD website.....I was already getting irritated with their high shipping costs but the most recent price gouging in the middle of the scare tactics was the final straw for me too. I had ordered stuff quite a bit from them recently too.

I just spread some business around to luckygunner, brownells and cabellas last night. Eff CTD.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby LePetomane on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Lucky Gunner.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby TooFewGuns on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Temptation, or just curiosity struck. I got a new CTD catalog today in the mail. It was full of stuff that they do not have in stock, I checked the BCGs and Uppers that they listed. They also had P-Mags @19.95, not in stock. I am even more pissed now, I asked them to remove me from their mailing list twice now.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:18 pm

TooFewGuns wrote:Temptation, or just curiosity struck. I got a new CTD catalog today in the mail. It was full of stuff that they do not have in stock, I checked the BCGs and Uppers that they listed. They also had P-Mags @19.95, not in stock. I am even more pissed now, I asked them to remove me from their mailing list twice now.

About that- Isn't there some organization to which one can report spam? I"ve now requested twice to unsubscribe from their email list.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Snakeman721 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 am

If you want ammo.."Ammo to Go" is great! Although I did notice a lot of stuff was out of stock recently. Otherwise, Midway is great, especially when they have a sale or you get a 10, 15, or 20% discount code in an e-mail.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby rugersol on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 am

back when I used to buy factory ammo ... I'd get a lot of it from Sportsman's Guide ... prices weren't too bad ... selection was purdy good! ... and I always went to So. St. Paul to pick it up ... save on shipping! ... tax, was the only bummer! :(

Not sure if any/all of that still holds, today ... but, there ya go! ;)
"as to the Colt's Commander, a pox on you for selling this after I made the house payment." - Pete RIP
"I, for one, welcome our new Moderator Overlords ..." - Squib Joe
rugersol

Postby Evad on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 am

rugersol wrote:back when I used to buy factory ammo ... I'd get a lot of it from Sportsman's Guide ... prices weren't too bad ... selection was purdy good! ... and I always went to So. St. Paul to pick it up ... save on shipping! ... tax, was the only bummer! :(

Not sure if any/all of that still holds, today ... but, there ya go! ;)

I placed an order for ammo last week with them. Best price per round I have seen for years. Won't be in stock for months, but I can wait.
Evad

Return to General Gun Chat