FLEET FARM BRAINERD

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

FLEET FARM BRAINERD

Postby sglatzel on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Does anyone know if the Fleet Farm indoor shooting range at the Brainerd/Baxter store is open yet?
sglatzel

Re: FLEET FARM BRAINERD

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't know, I think not because I'm guessing when it opens, there will be some news or publicity that will be hard to miss here
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Not yet. Today they hosted a fundraising shoot for the Fraternal Order of Police. First responders only.
Jackpine Savage

Postby 2in2out on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

I don't think it is, but getting very close!

The video from Stewart Mills (http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=37759) seems to indicte that they were able to use it for a shooting demonstration, but that it wasn't open to the public yet.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby 2in2out on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Not yet. Today they hosted a fundraising shoot for the Fraternal Order of Police. First responders only.

As a Fire Chief, I think they forgot to invite me.... :hmm:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm

2in2out wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:Not yet. Today they hosted a fundraising shoot for the Fraternal Order of Police. First responders only.

Check out their Facebook page, you were invited :)

http://www.facebook.com/millsshooting?fref=pb
Jackpine Savage

Postby Hmac on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

The benefit shoot today at the Mills Shooting Center for the Fraternal Order of Police was a great success. Very well run and a total blast. What an excellent facility that is...absolute state-of-the-art.

It's not open to the public yet, but I was told that they're getting close.
Last edited by Hmac on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hmac

Postby FJ540 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 pm

They have reloading supplies! :rock:
FJ540

Postby Hmac on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:52 am

FJ540 wrote:They have reloading supplies! :rock:

I was struck by both the variety and the quality of the stuff they will be selling at the Pro Shop. The gun department at the Baxter Fleet Farm store is miniscule by comparison, and they are committed to top of the line firearms and accessories judging by what they have on the racks so far. Want to buy a Barrett .50 or a McMillan TAC off the rack? They have those and more such. And, unlike Gander Mountain across the street, these guys actually give a crap about you and your shooting needs. I'm not involved in the venture in any way, but I do know the people who are and they are absolutely committed to that place being a top-quality place to shoot and to buy.
Hmac

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 am

Gander up there is beyond worthless.
FJ540

Postby 2in2out on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:32 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
2in2out wrote:

Check out their Facebook page, you were invited :)

http://www.facebook.com/millsshooting?fref=pb

Thank you. As usual, me=clueless. I'm glad it was a good time!
2in2out

Postby tman on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:27 pm

I drove by mid-afternoon on my way home from the motorcycle show. I nearly stopped when I saw the cars in the lot. I bet I could've shoe-horned my way to the firing line...
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby brauchma on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 pm

That is sweet! Is this a sign of more of these at other Mills Fleet Farms?
"Owning a gun doesn't make one a gunfighter any more that owning a Stradivarius violin makes one a concert violinist" - Col. Jeff Cooper

I think the gene pool needs more chlorine
brauchma

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 pm

I doubt we'll see too many more shooting ranges, but I sure hope they start carrying reloading supplies in the other stores.
FJ540

Postby Hmac on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

The Mills Shooting Center in Baxter opened today. Very orderly. Steady stream of customers and lot's of 'em but they had plenty of staff and things ran smoothly. Lot's of guns going out the door, including a Tactical Elite to me. Looked to me like a LOT of first-time buyers.

I was unsurprised to see that their rather large stock of Glock 19 magazines was gone, but pleased to see that I could pick up a few PPQ magazines (at MSRP!) which are generally impossible to find, even online. I was surprised to see the amount of reloading supplies on hand. Significant space devotion to that. Also a large selection of holsters. Everything there tended toward high quality -- Bladetech, Galco, and Bianchi rather than Fobus and Uncle Mike's, for example. While I was there I bought a 1/2 hour of range time for the PPQ. The guy next to me was shooting an AR. (note to self...bring Surefire earpro in addition to the elecrtronic muffs next time, just in case). Pistols are not intrusive sound-wise but this AR had a definite bark. Silhouette targets are OK, no rate-of-fire restrictions. No head shots closer than 35 yards. The range was well supervised and the Range Officers work very hard on being helpful but not intrusive.

This place is first-class, both in merchandise and attitude.
Hmac

Next

Return to General Gun Chat