FLEET FARM BRAINERD

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: FLEET FARM BRAINERD

Postby grimbeaver on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 am

mmcnx2 wrote:In fairness, I don't know many indoor ranges that will let you do holster work, except when they have special events like IPDA/USPSA league. But day in day out most don't let you draw. If you saw most people handle a firearm you understand the risk of letting shooters draw. Heck I would not stand next to a stranger doing holster work - quick way to get shot!

Even most outdoor ranges don't like it. Pretty sure it's not allowed at Del-Tone/Luth and I know BeaverBrook has it in their bylaws that you must have someone else present (to call 911) and if anyone feels unsafe around you doing it they can ask you to stop.

Sure it sucks but I can totally understand it. There's enough people at public indoor ranges that I would prefer don't even handle a gun period.
grimbeaver

Postby darthdahl on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:29 am

mmcnx2 wrote:In fairness, I don't know many indoor ranges that will let you do holster work, except when they have special events like IPDA/USPSA league. But day in day out most don't let you draw. If you saw most people handle a firearm you understand the risk of letting shooters draw. Heck I would not stand next to a stranger doing holster work - quick way to get shot!

The range in Chanhassen, Stock and Barrel, will let member do holster work...take the class, pass the test, use your holster.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby Hmac on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:42 am

darthdahl wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:The range in Chanhassen, Stock and Barrel, will let member do holster work...take the class, pass the test, use your holster.

See...I think I that's a very enlightened approach to running a shooting range. Every year I do at least one 2-day firearms course where 15-20 trained and vetted people on the line are trusted to shoot drills without shooting any of the others. It could be done. I'd certainly be willing to provide credentials, take the course, and pass the test at Bill's Baxter range.
Hmac

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat