the new panic... hr 241

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Re: the new panic... hr 241

Postby XDM45 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm

goett047 wrote:
XDM45 wrote:
goett047 wrote:Looks like I'm going to be a felon

Only if it passes. How about fighting it?

Don't think I'm not

Ok, cool. Just checking :)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: the new panic... hr 241

Postby XDM45 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

ChuckJ wrote:Taking away the rights of good people for what?
Sent my e-mails.

Please call too and email both every day. I am for the next 90 days at least.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby NL on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:24 pm

I've heard it mentioned (and don't doubt that it's true) that hard-copy letters carry more weight than e-mails. It's a bit more inconvenient but it's a heck of a lot harder for them to ignore 500 letters every day (coming in by the crate) than 500 emails.

Plus then you give their staffers paper cuts... which has to count for something
NL

Postby XDM45 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Anti-freedom rep.

Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns. Tragic events remind us of our rights and responsibilities as citizens and the importance of protecting the rights laid down by our founding fathers. While I do support the 2nd Amendment, I also support the common sense steps including background checks on gun owners and a ban on assault weapons and on high capacity clips. I believe these steps will protect our citizens while preserving Minnesota’s cultural tradition of hunting. The legislature is looking forward to hearing from concerned citizens, law enforcement, and other experts on these issues to ensure all views are heard and considered. Please know that I will keep your concerns in mind as we discuss this important issue in the coming months. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff Hayden
State Senator
Senate District 62
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Texastransplant on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Aww hell, I just got here! Ain't in Texas any more. All right. Time to cowboy up Minnesota! I'm in!
Texastransplant

Postby photogpat on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Now its worth a day off work, right?

GOCRA will be there on the 5th, 6th, and 7th. Please come to the hearings -- make sure you're seen! Its time to stand up for your rights in MN!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby river_boater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm

photogpat wrote:Now its worth a day off work, right?

GOCRA will be there on the 5th, 6th, and 7th. Please come to the hearings -- make sure you're seen! Its time to stand up for your rights in MN!

I can probably attend all three sessions, but only if I can work via WiFi at the same time (or at least be able to respond to email and look like I'm working). I can definitely attend the evening hearings.
river_boater

Postby tt3 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm

river_boater wrote:

I can probably attend all three sessions, but only if I can work via WiFi at the same time (or at least be able to respond to email and look like I'm working). I can definitely attend the evening hearings.

While I'm there on the 5th I can turn my phone to a hot spot if needed.
tt3

Postby Texastransplant on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Sir,

It has come to my attention that you have co-authored legislation that has been introduced to implement gun control laws as draconian and repugnant to a free society as those of New York's recent and ironically named Safe Act. To whit, HF 241 would make a felon out of tens of thousands of law abiding Minnesotans by requiring forfeiture of magazines which carry more than 7 rounds, registration of so-called assault weapons, and the ability of local law enforcement to inspect your home to insure you are keeping your lawfully owned firearms in a manner consistent with the law. Not only do you wish us to abrogate our second amendment rights, but our fourth as well?

You have sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution, and myself and many of your constituents will not soon forget this ridiculous piece of legislation. We will work actively to ensure you are a one term representative unless you pull your support for this bill and any other useless gun control measures. You cannot expect our support if you continue to write legislation which only penalizes law abiding citizens.

Thank you
Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Let's see if my representative gets the message.
Texastransplant

Postby river_boater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

tt3 wrote:
river_boater wrote:

While I'm there on the 5th I can turn my phone to a hot spot if needed.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm currently working on about 3GB of Medicare data which would likely crush your data plan.
river_boater

Postby ShaneInMN on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm

I wrote my representative, he's a Navy vet so lets hope he doesn't have his head up his rear!
ShaneInMN

Postby tt3 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

river_boater wrote:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm currently working on about 3GB of Medicare data which would likely crush your data plan.

I wouldn't mind finding out how unlimited "unlimited" is, but it'd work ok for checking email anyway.
tt3

Postby river_boater on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:35 pm

tt3 wrote:
river_boater wrote:

I wouldn't mind finding out how unlimited "unlimited" is, but it'd work ok for checking email anyway.

I'm sure I'll be fine. I wouldn't do my data crunching on your time anyway. If they have public WiFi, I'll be fine. If not, I'll still be there.
river_boater

Postby xd9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm

I can make the Thursday morning hearing and have sent my email to GOCRA.
xd9

Postby jschroeder on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm

My wife and I will both attend. Only question is which day.
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
Sabre Personal Safety Academy (Pepper Spray) Instructor
jschroeder

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat