Let's see if Glock and Federal bow

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Let's see if Glock and Federal bow

Postby XDM45 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 pm

RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

I predict he will run for President in 2016.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Let's see if Glock and Federal bow

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't own a glock now and if they do I sure as hell never will.
tenmilmag

Postby GNCAaron on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 pm

I've taken the Glock Armorer course from three seperate Glock instructors, and all three were the type who would bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red. That's a small sample of the entire Glock organization, but in my eyes, they are currently batting 3 for 3. I don't know anything about the folks at Federal though.
GNCAaron

Postby photogpat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:34 am

Fairly certain Federal is not in favor of gun control based on the employees I've met.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 am

Not Glock, S&W. MPD now requires all new officers to carry M&P's. Older officers carry their choice of Sig, Beretta or S&W.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby Heffay on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am

XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control".

How exactly is he doing that? You have a source or some context?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby hunterfreakhd on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 am

Heffay wrote:
XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control".

How exactly is he doing that? You have a source or some context?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2916614.shtml?cat=1
Last edited by hunterfreakhd on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby EAJuggalo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 am

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/01/3 ... -and-ammo/

Since when does Streichers only sell ammo to law enforcement?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby photogpat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 am

This is a "divide and conquer" strategy...just like trying to divide the hunters and "black rifle" enthusists.

None of the major Firearm or Ammo companies have done anything but support the NRA and NSSF -- some more or less vocally than others -- but support is wide-spread based on the reports from SHOT.

No infighting - stay focused. The enemy is in front of us now and in the open. Their plans are wide-reaching and quite punative in nature. Keep writing your reps and support the groups fighting your fight.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby sawgrass on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 am

XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

You have posted many times that you own two guns and you will NEVER sell them. Funny you picked Glock who is in GA for your example.
What if it was Springfield? :lol:

Perhaps the MN hearings next week would be the ideal place for you to voice your concerns.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby XDM45 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am

sawgrass wrote:
XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

You have posted many times that you own two guns and you will NEVER sell them. Funny you picked Glock who is in GA for your example.
What if it was Springfield? :lol:

Perhaps the MN hearings next week would be the ideal place for you to voice your concerns.

If it was Springfield, I'd sell it. I don't support traitors.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby sawgrass on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:04 am

photogpat wrote:This is a "divide and conquer" strategy...just like trying to divide the hunters and "black rifle" enthusists.

None of the major Firearm or Ammo companies have done anything but support the NRA and NSSF -- some more or less vocally than others -- but support is wide-spread based on the reports from SHOT.

No infighting - stay focused. The enemy is in front of us now and in the open. Their plans are wide-reaching and quite punative in nature. Keep writing your reps and support the groups fighting your fight.

We have emailed everyone from our district to our MN Senators. Paper copies of the letters are going in mail today.
Pat's right, now is the time to keep the pressure on and not fight amongst ourselves. The Fudd's sure are a disappointing lot.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby george on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

Remember when all the fictitious law suits were being filed on gun makers in the 90's, I remember S&W rolled like a trained dog, that's why
I never got another since. Glock held strong and refused any agreements.
Can anyone remember who the others were that rolled ?
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:34 am

What a MEGA douche bag!! The Mayor of the smallest big city in America is trying to act like Bloomberg and dictate terms to a huge US Government ammunition contractor, and a leading multinational handgun company based in Austria?? I say get one of those chamber grinding trolls over here from Austria, and let him have a go with Ryback's tushie and tell him to do a Gen 1 chamber grind on Hizzonner.

More seriously, both Glock and Federal could opt for the same option Ronnie Barrett did when the People's Republick of Kalifornia declared his M82 semi-auto 50BMG rifle to be a banned weapon, andf he sent them a letter that he would no longer sell or service his M82 rifles to the SWAT teams of various California that owned them or wated to buy them. So, sorry, go away, and how do you like them EFFEN apples...

I'd love to see Federal and Glock fire back that there wouldn't sell any guns or ammo to Moneyapolis Kops, and they could go to FF to do their purchasing...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Paul on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am

Unless I'm missing something obvious.... How did the focus turn to 'if Glock will...'? I see no references to Glock in the article and Minneapolis doesn't issue Glocks, which has already been mentioned.
Paul

Next

Return to General Gun Chat