Some hope in the schools

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Some hope in the schools

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for the information guys, our school is interested in starting a league!

:D
Thunder71

Postby goatroper on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:10 pm

American Capitalist wrote:Unfortunately, lots of fudds are on these teams.

Not sure what is ment by this????
"Tell me... do you like music, Mr. Finch?"
goatroper

Some hope in the schools

Postby Hammered Squirrel on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:11 pm

PileDriver wrote:
Hammered Squirrel wrote:I know that my little brother is shooting on the high school team this spring in Rosemount.

:shock:

Damn, I had no idea. My alma mater and town I still live in. :lol: Cool!

Yea, when I was in 7th at Rosemount Middle School we made a trap team and competed at the state tournament. Definitely fun and really sparked my interest in bird hunting.
Hammered Squirrel

Some hope in the schools

Postby aaron878 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

goatroper wrote:
American Capitalist wrote:Unfortunately, lots of fudds are on these teams.

Not sure what is ment by this????

Fudd is a term to describe hypocritical hunters who think their guns are sacred but all other handguns and rifles are evil and unnecessary.
aaron878

Postby goatroper on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, the bad new is it does not look like I will be buying a new shotgun for my Daughter, as the answer to joining was no. The good news is she is asking when it will be warm enough to go the range and shoot steel.

aaron878 wrote:Fudd is a term to describe hypocritical hunters who think their guns are sacred but all other handguns and rifles are evil and unnecessary.

Thank you.
"Tell me... do you like music, Mr. Finch?"
goatroper

Postby mnclaytarget on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 am

4 years ago the Minnesota State High School Clay Target League had 3 high school teams and 30 kids. In 2013 the Spring League expects more than 100 teams and more than 3,000 kids. It's the fastest growing sport in high school. Finally, the words "kids", "guns" and "schools" in the same sentence can be a POSITIVE thing!
mnclaytarget

Postby BigBlue on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 am

mnclaytarget wrote:4 years ago the Minnesota State High School Clay Target League had 3 high school teams and 30 kids. In 2013 the Spring League expects more than 100 teams and more than 3,000 kids. It's the fastest growing sport in high school. Finally, the words "kids", "guns" and "schools" in the same sentence can be a POSITIVE thing!

Actually the Robotics League teams are the fastest growing activity in MN. Started with 2 in 2006 and over 200 now. I'm happy to see both of these activities on the rise. Taking focus away from athletics and putting it on to other areas is awesome.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Evad on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 pm

BigBlue wrote:Actually the Robotics League teams are the fastest growing activity in MN. Started with 2 in 2006 and over 200 now. I'm happy to see both of these activities on the rise. Taking focus away from athletics and putting it on to other areas is awesome.

BB

What is wrong with athletics? I think ANY school activity that keeps kids busy in a positive way is good.

Going to look into this since one of the schools listed is where my kids will go.
Evad

Some hope in the schools

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Evad wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Actually the Robotics League teams are the fastest growing activity in MN. Started with 2 in 2006 and over 200 now. I'm happy to see both of these activities on the rise. Taking focus away from athletics and putting it on to other areas is awesome.

BB

What is wrong with athletics? I think ANY school activity that keeps kids busy in a positive way is good.

Going to look into this since one of the schools listed is where my kids will go.

Yep. Especially those sports that teach a lifetime activity.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigBlue on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm

xd ED wrote:
Evad wrote:

BB

Yep. Especially those sports that teach a lifetime activity.

Many things teach that. For too long the only thing extra-curricular that was given any respect was athletics. There's more to life than that. I'm not saying they don't have a place but they aren't everything. Taking away focus from something that previously held about 100% of the 'activity' attention to something less is good. I'm not saying athletics should be given no focus.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Kskybroom on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Anoka High School an St. Francic High School are shooting at MGFC
Kskybroom

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat