i have now seen everything. armslist.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: i have now seen everything. armslist.

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm

looks like quite a few flagged since the ad is taken down.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby XDM45 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 am

stottingmuley wrote:So.... why is there an option to flag for overprice? Oh wait, the people that made and run armslist put it up there, TO USE. Just as its your decision on whether you want to buy, it's someone else's decision on whether or not they want to do their part (as a user of armslist) and help the moderators keep it worth using. It's not like stuff gets pulled from one flagging anyway. So shut up with the holier than though bovine fecal matter. Self righteous nannies. There, done poking the troll.

People hit the "like" button on facebook and have 88,232 "friends" they've never met too. I'm sure if there was a "Mommy!! It's not fair
button, people would click it too. Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, but not everyone whines about it.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby yang on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 am

I saw WWB of 9mm 100rd/box going for $37 on there.

Bought a 2 boxes of that at Fleet Farm for $25/box.
yang

Postby PhilaBOR on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 am

MXGreg wrote:Hech, over on GunBroker right now is 1500 rounds with a buy-it-now of $300, current bidding is $215. So who's crazy?

(Auction ended at $255 for 1500 rounds of 22LR) :o

Then that was the market price! Econ 101. Supply and demand. Whenever you try to set prices artificially low, you get shortages. P*** and moan all you want about gouging, but until demand comes down, the only ways to keep stuff in stock is rationing or high prices. And rationing doesn't work that well because inventory still gets cleaned out, just a little more fairly.

And the manufacturers are probably not planning to add capacity until they find out what's getting banned, if anything.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby TommyMN on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

I flag everything I feel like. You don't like? Guess what? I don't give a rats ass. Whiners whining about whiners whining? Makes sense
TommyMN

Postby stottingmuley on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

XDM45 wrote:
People hit the "like" button on facebook and have 88,232 "friends" they've never met too. I'm sure if there was a "Mommy!! It's not fair
button, people would click it too. Everyone wants to buy low and sell high, but not everyone whines about it.

I don't see the point you are trying to make with the Facebook comment, but let me make a point. The OP started this topic because he saw .22 ammo for a price I'm sure we all can agree is high. The fact that the same guys keep responding with "you Don't like it, don't buy it" is getting old. He didn't ask for advice on what to do. You don't like his observational comment on high prices, well then, stay outa da thread, homes.
My old man told me, before he left this ******* world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.
stottingmuley

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

TommyMN wrote:I flag everything I feel like. You don't like? Guess what? I don't give a rats ass. Whiners whining about whiners whining? Makes sense

This is the Internet, not just the Internet, MNGT.

Embrace the whine, hold it, rub circles in it's back with your fingers... it'll be ok.
Thunder71

Postby stottingmuley on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 pm

TommyMN wrote:I flag everything I feel like. You don't like? Guess what? I don't give a rats ass. Whiners whining about whiners whining? Makes sense

And Tommymn FTW! Thumbs up to this.
My old man told me, before he left this ******* world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.
stottingmuley

Postby TommyMN on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Thunder71 wrote:

This is the Internet, not just the Internet, MNGT.

Embrace the whine, hold it, rub circles in it's back with your fingers... it'll be ok.

Makes my head hurt. Grow men crying about other grown men.
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Let people complaining where they wanna. Don't clog it up with disagreeing and even more complaining. It's the reason I post so little. I read read read and let the annoying stuff go away.
TommyMN

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 pm

You're sucked in, now you are clogging it with complaining about the complaining.

Flagging in and of itself is whining/complaining and not just reading/moving on, so whatever... pot/kettle. :D
Thunder71

Postby XDM45 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:21 pm

stottingmuley wrote:
XDM45 wrote:

I don't see the point you are trying to make with the Facebook comment, but let me make a point. The OP started this topic because he saw .22 ammo for a price I'm sure we all can agree is high. The fact that the same guys keep responding with "you Don't like it, don't buy it" is getting old. He didn't ask for advice on what to do. You don't like his observational comment on high prices, well then, stay outa da thread, homes.

My point with the facebook comment is that you could make a button for anything, toss it on a website, and people would click it. Maybe not everyone, but some would. More would if it was trendy such as the "like" button. It's a sheeple thing.

I agree too that the price is high ammo and guns these days, but it's supply and demand, that's all. We can comment on it all day long about how high prices are, how hard things are to find, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really change anything; and we still have those 3 choices I posted about earlier. When I wanted the ammo and mags I recently purchased, I bought them, that's all. Since I don't like to waste money, I looked for the best deal I could get and I bought them at the best price I could get. I certainly didn't say how unfair it is or anything else. If you want something and can't afford it, don't buy it until you can. Lower your expenses or increase your income, and ideally do both for an even wider gap.

I know I'm the new kid on the block around here, but fuggin-a man.... if people wanna play, they gotta pay. Pony up the bucks if they want something, that's all. Since I bought my 2 pistols in Feb 2012, with range fees, club membership, ammo, cleaning supplies, the guns themselves, PTC, gun belt, holster, all aspects of them with accessories and the like, I've dropped a good 10k. Hell, I dropped $1,535 in that last purchase of ammo and mags, and sure I'd like to pay .25-.35 a round for .45ACP vs. the .45 I paid, but that's life. I've just seen a lot of threads talking about how high prices are...yup. They are. Ok. Now what? Buy or not buy? What else is there?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby MXGreg on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Today I was in 2 Walmarts, a Fleet Farm, a Runnings, and 2 local hardware stores, not one .22LR to be found. Shorts and shots only. The Rochester FF had about 100 boxes of the Winchester 9mm value packs on the shelf when I got there. About 45 minutes later there were maybe 20. The Rochester north Walmart had 12 boxes of 45 auto. It's pretty slim pickings out there unless you're buying shotgun shells.
MXGreg

Postby xd ED on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:38 pm

XDM45 wrote:
RangerTim wrote:
XDM45 wrote:You can ask whatever you want for something, it doesn't mean that you'll actually get it. So you flagged the guy for asking? If someone asks more money than I want to pay for something, I really have 3 sane and logical choices:

1) Negotiate for a lower price. If they won't negotiate or they do and we can't come to an agreement, then.........
2) Pay whatever price they originally asked or the one we negotiated, even if not ideal, whichever is lower.....or.....
3) Walk away and look t purchase it elsewhere.

Nowhere in there is "stop my feet and flag them for being a poopy head for asking so much money. More than I think they should ask for." Heck, I should flag everyone who won't sell me an AR-15 for $1.00 too. What? That's not a reasonable price you say? What if in my mind it was? What we really have is a difference of opinion. One person thinks it's worth one amount, while another person thinks it's worth a different amount. Something is only worth what somebody will pay for it.

Don't bet mad and flag, look elsewhere, negotiate, or pony up the bucks; that's all there is to it.

I just flagged you for voicing an opinion that makes sense and is completely valid. I said good day!

SWEET!! I got flagged fore being sane!! That's a first and it deserves a beer. :)

Hey- When you're right, you're right.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat