i have now seen everything. armslist.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby ammosponge on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1018244/m ... llow-point

200$ for 2 525 bulk packs. holy Cr*P.
ammosponge

Re: i have now seen everything. armslist.

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:22 pm

But it's 'hollow point'. :D
Thunder71

Postby JohnGageMN on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Well, at least he's generously willing to trade it for a mere 200 rounds of 5.7 :roll:
<= Helping save stupid people from themselves since 1997.

crbutler wrote:About this time frame I began to look on Glock owners as being incestuous relatives of Lucifer.
JohnGageMN

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm

What a douche, I flagged him.
BemidjiDweller

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Why?

If someone pays him, makes a trade they are happy with, well... more power to both.

Everyone has the ability to decide if the asking price is too much.

Are you flagging all the $40 PMags and .223 ammo too?

How do you determine what is reasonable when there is none available?
Thunder71

Postby BemidjiDweller on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Why?

If someone pays him, makes a trade they are happy with, well... more power to both.

Simmer down.

I flagged for overprice, not for spam or scam or anything. Don't like it? Then move on.
BemidjiDweller

Postby XDM45 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:46 pm

BemidjiDweller wrote:

Simmer down.

I flagged for overprice, not for spam or scam or anything. Don't like it? Then move on.

You can ask whatever you want for something, it doesn't mean that you'll actually get it. So you flagged the guy for asking? If someone asks more money than I want to pay for something, I really have 3 sane and logical choices:

1) Negotiate for a lower price. If they won't negotiate or they do and we can't come to an agreement, then.........
2) Pay whatever price they originally asked or the one we negotiated, even if not ideal, whichever is lower.....or.....
3) Walk away and look t purchase it elsewhere.

Nowhere in there is "stop my feet and flag them for being a poopy head for asking so much money. More than I think they should ask for." Heck, I should flag everyone who won't sell me an AR-15 for $1.00 too. What? That's not a reasonable price you say? What if in my mind it was? What we really have is a difference of opinion. One person thinks it's worth one amount, while another person thinks it's worth a different amount. Something is only worth what somebody will pay for it.

Don't bet mad and flag, look elsewhere, negotiate, or pony up the bucks; that's all there is to it.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby MXGreg on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Hech, over on GunBroker right now is 1500 rounds with a buy-it-now of $300, current bidding is $215. So who's crazy?

(Auction ended at $255 for 1500 rounds of 22LR) :o
Last edited by MXGreg on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MXGreg

Postby RangerTim on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 pm

XDM45 wrote:You can ask whatever you want for something, it doesn't mean that you'll actually get it. So you flagged the guy for asking? If someone asks more money than I want to pay for something, I really have 3 sane and logical choices:

1) Negotiate for a lower price. If they won't negotiate or they do and we can't come to an agreement, then.........
2) Pay whatever price they originally asked or the one we negotiated, even if not ideal, whichever is lower.....or.....

Nowhere in there is "stop my feet and flag them for being a poopy head for asking so much money. More than I think they should ask for." Heck, I should flag everyone who won't sell me an AR-15 for $1.00 too. What? That's not a reasonable price you say? What if in my mind it was? What we really have is a difference of opinion. One person thinks it's worth one amount, while another person thinks it's worth a different amount. Something is only worth what somebody will pay for it.

Don't bet mad and flag, look elsewhere, negotiate, or pony up the bucks; that's all there is to it.

I just flagged you for voicing an opinion that makes sense and is completely valid. I said good day!
"For Those I Love, I Give My Life"
LCpl Rick Centanni, USMC
KIA 3/24/2010
Helmund Province, Afghanistan
RangerTim

Postby XDM45 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm

RangerTim wrote:
XDM45 wrote:You can ask whatever you want for something, it doesn't mean that you'll actually get it. So you flagged the guy for asking? If someone asks more money than I want to pay for something, I really have 3 sane and logical choices:

I just flagged you for voicing an opinion that makes sense and is completely valid. I said good day!

SWEET!! I got flagged fore being sane!! That's a first and it deserves a beer. :)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:18 pm

MXGreg wrote:Hech, over on GunBroker right now is 1500 rounds with a buy-it-now of $300, current bidding is $215. So who's crazy?

(Auction ended at $255 for 1500 rounds of 22LR) :o

Hmmm, makes that Gander Mtn ad I got in mail look like a deep discount house!
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby M4A1 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 pm

XDM45 wrote:
BemidjiDweller wrote:

Simmer down.

You can ask whatever you want for something, it doesn't mean that you'll actually get it. So you flagged the guy for asking? If someone asks more money than I want to pay for something, I really have 3 sane and logical choices:

Touché!
M4A1

Postby Evad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:42 pm

XDM45 wrote:SWEET!! I got flagged fore being sane!! That's a first and it deserves a beer. :)

I marked my calendar :lol:
Evad

Postby XDM45 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Alright... so who's got an AR for me for $1.00?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby stottingmuley on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm

So.... why is there an option to flag for overprice? Oh wait, the people that made and run armslist put it up there, TO USE. Just as its your decision on whether you want to buy, it's someone else's decision on whether or not they want to do their part (as a user of armslist) and help the moderators keep it worth using. It's not like stuff gets pulled from one flagging anyway. So shut up with the holier than though bovine fecal matter. Self righteous nannies. There, done poking the troll.
Last edited by stottingmuley on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My old man told me, before he left this ******* world, never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.
stottingmuley

Next

Return to General Gun Chat