What if the ban passes?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: What if the ban passes?

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 pm

St. Olaf wrote:How much are storage lockers in WI going for?

I can make a real deal for all of you until things change.
But I may need to cycle them occasionally to ensure proper operation when needed.
Let me know, but I will need for you to supply the ammo to ensure Operational Readiness.

If needed, I can help, all kidding aside.
OldmanFCSA

What if the ban passes?

Postby jshuberg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm

The way the proposed ban is worded, pretty much every semi-auto rifle that has a stock that extends forward of the action (partially shrouds the barrel) will be banned. This is basically every semi-auto rifle ever made. If the ban passes, there's not much that you can do to make it "ban compliant".

The solution is annual registration, taxation, and random storage inspections of the rifle by law enforcement, and finally confiscation when you die. Or keep it as-is and risk the legal consequences of being in felony possession of a banned firearm.

"If the ban passes" should not be something we even contemplate. We simply cannot allow it to become law. If it does pass, we will have been converted from citizens into subjects. History has shown us that once that happens, things tend to go downhill rather quickly.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm

MXGreg wrote:
sawgrass wrote:
MXGreg wrote:The idea behind the original post wasn't how to skirt the ban, but whether it would be possible to make the gun LEGAL. Nothing more.

Was it legal when you bought it?
Is it old?
Is it replaceable?
Is it a family heirloom?

If you change it this time, how long before something else happens and it changes again?

You're reading way more into the question than what I asked.

It's really early to even consider accommodation.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby greenfarmer on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:

But I may need to cycle them occasionally to ensure proper operation when needed.
Let me know, but I will need for you to supply the ammo to ensure Operational Readiness.

If something does happen, you might have quite a few people in minnesota taking you up on that if something does happen and until we get rid of some of these idiotic democrats.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Oldman you might as well get ready to adopt another daughter if this nonsense passes.
Make that two, thankfully we already know how to reload! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 pm

xd ED and jshuberg, those are the kind of answers I was looking for. I guess my 10/22s aren't out of the woods yet. I didn't think the foregrip counted as a shroud. :(
Last edited by MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MXGreg

Postby hoel6466 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 pm

If it does pass ill be looking to move more than just my firearms out of state.
Western Wisconsin real estate might increase in value here soon.
hoel6466

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 pm

greenfarmer wrote:
OldmanFCSA wrote:

If something does happen, you might have quite a few people in minnesota taking you up on that if something does happen and until we get rid of some of these idiotic democrats.

FWIW, the rural Democrats are going to be the ones who save us. I don't believe this is a partisan issue.
There were openly rural Democrats who spoke against these measure at the hearings. They are the ones who are being listened to right now.
They all want to keep their jobs, including our Governor. The Twin Cities can't carry this one!

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. CONTACT YOUR CONGRESS CRITTERS!

DFL= Democratic, Farmer, Labor! There are a lot of the latter two in MN. I'm one of them!
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 pm

MXGreg wrote:xd ED and jshuberg, those are the kind of answers I was looking for. I guess my 10/22s aren't out of the woods yet. I didn't think the foregrip counted as a shroud. :(

I guess you missed the demonstration with the 10/22's and several of the committee members walked out of the hearings in protest.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby tabberski on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

hoel6466 wrote:If it does pass ill be looking to move more than just my firearms out of state.
Western Wisconsin real estate might increase in value here soon.

I have already been checking on what options are out there. Can't say I'm happy with the current direction of our state on several levels. Can you say Cash Cow? Mooo!
tabberski

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

To be perfectly honest- without suggesting, implying, or advocating anything at all.... if this ban passes some strange things will happen in Minnesota.
I can't help but consider the fact that southern California is currently knotted up looking for ONE MAN with a gun.
Banning what I'm going to guess is several million firearms in one fell swoop will have consequences and repercussions I don't believe anyone can imagine.

This ban must be stopped, along with all the other asinine proposals currently afoot.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 pm

sawgrass wrote:I guess you missed the demonstration with the 10/22's and several of the committee members walked out of the hearings in protest.

I saw what they had on the news. Other than that, just what I've seen here.
MXGreg

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Will help however I can.
Sure hope Wisconsin doesn't follow suit.

Just speculating - may need $30 each to justify purchasing additional Gun Safes - so your toys are properly and safely stored in my temperature controlled facility.

Not a money maker - just would want them properly stored.

Add your thought as needed.
OldmanFCSA

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm

xd ED wrote:To be perfectly honest- without suggesting, implying, or advocating anything at all.... if this ban passes some strange things will happen in Minnesota.
I can't help but consider the fact that southern California is currently knotted up looking for ONE MAN with a gun.
Banning what I'm going to guess is several million firearms in one fell swoop will have consequences and repercussions I don't believe anyone can imagine.

This ban must be stopped, along with all the other asinine proposals currently afoot.

Excellent Post. Read it slow and think about it.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby FJ540 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

I'll turn in my ammo, one bullet at a time - I will not comply, and I pray no one asks me to.
FJ540

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat