One of the best articles written

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby acs75 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 am

Last edited by acs75 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
acs75

Re: One of the best articles written

Postby xd ED on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 am

I like the 3rd comment, for several reasons:

The first thing I would do is not put what I would do on the internet and keep them wondering what I would do. It's hard to plan for what you don't know. Just ask Custer.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby XDM45 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 am

xd ED wrote:I like the 3rd comment, for several reasons:

The first thing I would do is not put what I would do on the internet and keep them wondering what I would do. It's hard to plan for what you don't know. Just ask Custer.

What? Ya mean you wouldn't make a video about how you'd "start killin' people" if someone comes for your guns like James Yeager did? (GRIN)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm

acs75 wrote:http://www.fishingbuddy.com/if_they_came_for_your_guns_what_would_you_do

Bob H. For President!!!
tenmilmag

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Well written.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby zachkuby87 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 pm

I love it. I'm sharing it on fb and any other forum I'm a member of.
zachkuby87

Postby ferric021 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:46 pm

In May, 2011, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled that people do not have the right to reasonable resist unlawful entry by police:

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/05121101shd.pdf
We hold that there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers.

Although that recent Indiana Supreme Court ruling apparently went against previous U.S. Supreme Court rulings.
http://constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm
“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

I'm not sure if there's an update on that Indiana Supreme Court ruling, but it's a pretty chilling conclusion that blows some of that blog post's logic out of the water.
ferric021

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am

I think the point is that if society has progressed to the level that the Government is acting in a way that is contrary to respecting the citizenry, the laws used to justify those actions should hold no sway over your actions to resist what you know to by tyranical and unjust. The Second Amendment was devised to give the Citizens the right to ignore and resist if need be, actions by its Government. The existence of an armed population is the ultimate Check to Balance out a run away Government. When you see the words "we hold these truths to be self evident", to me, it says irrefutable, no discussion, base line, off the table for modification, universally known and understood. The words before that get underscored, bolded blinking.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby acs75 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 am

Last edited by acs75 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
acs75

Postby White Horseradish on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 am

Well written, my ass. A piece that is actually well written does not need gratuitous bolding and underlining for emphasis.

What this is is a rambling manifesto that plays into the stereotype, and really not the type of thing one should put on the Internet.
"I have come to kick a** and chew bubblegum." <racks shotgun> "And I'm all out of bubblegum."

--John Nada, "They Live"
White Horseradish

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=39793
here's the debate over how your profile on the internet will affect events.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby jdege on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I think the point is that if society has progressed to the level that the Government is acting in a way that is contrary to respecting the citizenry, the laws used to justify those actions should hold no sway over your actions to resist what you know to by tyranical and unjust.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
jdege

Postby Heffay on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

White Horseradish wrote:Well written, my ass. A piece that is actually well written does not need gratuitous bolding and underlining for emphasis.

What this is is a rambling manifesto that plays into the stereotype, and really not the type of thing one should put on the Internet.

It's amazing what people consider "good". It's as if the content has no link to anything else.

Or maybe the question we should asking is "if this is his definition of one of the best articles written", what is his definition of best? Or what are his real goals? Because being effective and persuasive surely can't be one of them.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I understand that there are those who would claim to have a more pleasing and professional writing style and may even make a living writing professionally or othewise some credentials in the proper use of language, style, punctuation or other literary skills and they would likely be technically correct that this isn't the absolutely best Blog post that has ever existed in the histoy of mankind. The commentary to the post was aimed at the courage, conviction and clarity of the subject matter and the ideas contained within. Certainly, if you do not agree with the stance, you would not likely find the article "one of the best articles written".

Lighten up professors - just someone exercising their First Amendment in support and defense of their Second.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Heffay on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:00 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Lighten up professors - just someone exercising their First Amendment in support and defense of their Second.

I'm all fine for that, except when they damage our second amendment fight by exercising their first amendment rights.

And we're also commenting more on the OP calling it one of the best articles ever written, when it clearly isn't. Don't need to be a professor to know that.

HERPA DERPA OPERATORPA!

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Next

Return to General Gun Chat