Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Re: Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:27 am

yang wrote:Curious,

How long is the notification valid? Would you need one for everyday you are there?

My understanding is that it's good until your permit expires.

Posted from Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note II while using the restroom.
Thunder71

Re: Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Postby BigBlue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am

I asked that question elsewhere and the consensus was that notification was a one-time event, assuming your permit does not lapse.

BB
BigBlue

Postby goda0301 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 am

dido, emailed at 8:19 confirmed at 8:31

thanks for the link

my understanding is that it is valid as long as your permit is valid.
goda0301

Re: Re: Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Postby stecker on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:
Thunder71 wrote:
Mn01r6 wrote:Just email the notification. You get a scanned copy emailed back marked "received" with the date and time. Paper is so 20th century.

I tried that, got nothing. How did you go about it?

Posted from Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note II while using the restroom.

You email this dude: michael.hutchings@state.mn.us

this:

Dear Mr. Hutchings,

I provide this email as my intent to carry a concealed weapon in state buildings within the capitol area, pursuant to Minn. Stat. 609.66 Subd. 1g. I have my Minnesota Permit to Carry (Reference # XXXXXXXX, Expires XX/XX/XXXX) issued by Sheriff XXXXXXXXXXX of XXXXXXXXXXX County. I intend to carry for advocacy against stricter gun control regulations and for personal protection during my time at the capitol complex.

Could you please confirm that my notification has been received and accepted?

Kind Regards,

MN01R6
Address

And he responds with this a few hours later:

MN01R6,

I have received your notification, and I have forwarded it to Capitol Security. Please find attached a copy of your notification with our stamp of receipt.

Thanks,
Mike Hutchings

ETA: Mike Hitchings gave me his email when I called the commissioner of DPS's office, so I don't think he would mind me posting it here for others to use.

I did this yesterday morning and had my acknowledgement back in the afternoon. Pretty quick turn around if you ask me.
stecker

Postby Rotary12 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Just email the notification. You get a scanned copy emailed back marked "received" with the date and time. Paper is so 20th century.

I did this yesterday, even though I sent in my notification about 3 years ago. They said that as long as your permit is current your notification is good.
Rotary12

Liberate the U.S.
Support the Constitution
Remember 19 April 1775
Rotary12

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Walked mine down to the comish office on Thursday. I think I caught her on her way out the door to lunch. She is very service friendly. Wish more were like her.
Sorcerer

Postby XDM45 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Emailed @ 3:15pm
Received @ 3:45pm

30 minutes.

I didn't realize that the state and Dominos can BOTH deliver in 30 minutes or less. I should have asked for some cheesy bread to go with it. Dang it. Well, next time.... but I got muh paperz!!
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Re: Re: Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Postby MWAG on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 am

Mn01r6 wrote:Just email the notification. You get a scanned copy emailed back marked "received" with the date and time. Paper is so 20th century.

A belated THANKS for this.

As I am on capitol grounds fairly often, I did this a while back. I also saved the emailed response to my cellphone. A couple weeks back Capitol Security noticed me in a parking lot bent over, digging out a delivery. Doing so caused my shirt to slide up, revealing my G26. Security got out to advise me of the rules of carrying into Capitol buildings. I pulled up the saved email and showed it to him. He thanked me for making his day much easier and went about his merry way.
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Clearance to carry at the state capital grounds

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

MWAG wrote:

A belated THANKS for this.

As I am on capitol grounds fairly often, I did this a while back. I also saved the emailed response to my cellphone. A couple weeks back Capitol Security noticed me in a parking lot bent over, digging out a delivery. Doing so caused my shirt to slide up, revealing my G26. Security got out to advise me of the rules of carrying into Capitol buildings. I pulled up the saved email and showed it to him. He thanked me for making his day much easier and went about his merry way.

Re Capitol Security:
Every contact I've had, or heard about has been professional, and public service oriented. They recognize the people's house for what it is. They understand the law and enforce it fairly, much to the disappointment of some of the in house sheep.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby shadeslanding on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:36 am

I wrote my letter something like: "so long as I have a valid permit to carry in Minnesota, this is your notification that I will be carrying my pistol when I visit the State Capital and grounds."

No expiration date. In perpetuity. There is no expiration for the notification specified in law. Paymar's anti-gunners wanted it to be valid for one year. But it did not pass.
========
Shade's Landing Inc. FirearmsAndLiberty.com ShadesLanding.com
Home of the ORIGINAL Multistate Carry Course for Minnesota offering multi-state carry courses since 09/2003.
Over 9,000 citizens trained to arms since 2003
========
shadeslanding

Postby gunsmith on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 am

I hope Paymar is SAVORING DEFEAT in his retirement :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
gunsmith

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat