Gander Mtn and ammo

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gander Mtn and ammo

Postby spyder357 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:45 pm

45Badger wrote:Yea, gander sucks. Especially EP. Sucks so badly that I've had to pay less than $200 for the last 4 Remington 870s I bought there. And that damned minty left handed BDL I picked up for Sam at $424 out the door didn't help. Or the the nice old Remington .22s. And don't get me started on the occasional used Glocks and XDs for less than $400. Not to mention, I was there yesterday and saw that damned Glock 27, overpriced at @$425, right near the Springfield 1911 Range Officer.

You guys crack me up. There are good and bad deals everywhere. Keep your eyes open and be ready to buy when you find it. To be fair, I'm almost solely a used gun buyer, and Gander has it's fair share++ of silly/stupid high prices. I overpaid on 5 boxes of federal 9mm at 14.95, but hey- there's a panic :mrgreen:

:iagree:
spyder357

Postby MNGunner on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Haven't bought a single thing from them (or from "cheaper than dirt") since the first time the idiots voted obama into office.
They can hold as much ammo for those who are uninformed enough to buy a gun there as they want. Although, unless I am mistaken, GM did sell a Sig M400 at a decent price considering the market early this year...
MNGunner

Gander Mtn and ammo

Postby Glocktwenty3 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Since we're talking about F gander. They're putting one in Rogers next to Cabela's. Wonder how well they'll do?
Glocktwenty3

Postby JohnGageMN on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Haters gon' hate, but they're the only game in town with inventory close to me. Some of these prices are stomach-able right now, others, not so much.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40373
<= Helping save stupid people from themselves since 1997.

crbutler wrote:About this time frame I began to look on Glock owners as being incestuous relatives of Lucifer.
JohnGageMN

Postby greenfarmer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm

been watching luckygunner and cheaper than dirt the past week or so, and it seems they are getting more and more inventory, and the prices aren't dropping as of yet, but i would think that pretty soon as their inventory keeps piling up that the prices should start to drop. But i could very well be wrong. But to me it just seems some of the inventory level on those sites isn't dropping as fast as it was a few weeks ago. I can remember looking at them an only seeing one variety of brass ammo, and an hour later it was gone at a ridiculous price.
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby grousemaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 pm

I picked up my limit of .22 ammo at EP Gander Mtn today....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby BigBlue on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 am

Glocktwenty3 wrote:Since we're talking about F gander. They're putting one in Rogers next to Cabela's. Wonder how well they'll do?

And this one will be a Gun World location. I'm looking forward to it. It is going to be in the old Best Buy building.

BB
BigBlue

Postby MNGunner on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Glocktwenty3 wrote:Since we're talking about F gander. They're putting one in Rogers next to Cabela's. Wonder how well they'll do?

Might be tough for the applicable manager(s) to reach their gun and ammo sales targets to get thier incentives/bonuses.
MNGunner

Postby 45Badger on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm

MNGunner wrote:

Might be tough for the applicable manager(s) to reach their gun and ammo sales targets to get thier incentives/bonuses.

I don't know about that. I don't get to cabelas as often, but their used prices stink. I think I have bought only one or two guns at Rogers location. My most recent attempt was on a well used 700 vssf in .223. For $1100 :o They brought it down to msrp :roll: after I pointed out the price of a new one.....
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby mecra on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:31 am

I called the Eden Prairie GM to see if they had any ammo. They said they were cleaned out that morning. I asked how that occurred. They said, "We have like 20-30 people camped out when we open to check to see if ammo comes in."

Damn... I can't compete with that!!! I have to work!
mecra

Postby benny on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 pm

mecra wrote:I called the Eden Prairie GM to see if they had any ammo. They said they were cleaned out that morning. I asked how that occurred. They said, "We have like 20-30 people camped out when we open to check to see if ammo comes in."

Damn... I can't compete with that!!! I have to work!

Same here in Blaine, and with FF too. Most are dealers who have tables at the shows and some league shooters who are retired or work off shifts.

Benny
benny

Postby Need4Speed on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Was just at the fleet farm in St. Cloud today. 10 box limit on ammo purchases. They had no 9mm, but a pretty decent supply of both 40 and 45. Picked up 3 boxes of 45. Prices are still a little on the high side for my taste. A little over 20 bucks for blazer steel case, 23 for blazer brass, 28 for winchester.
Need4Speed

Postby LePetomane on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Lights wrote:I tried one time to get them to price match Walmart on a 870. The called the Walmart store(or not?) I seen the gun at. Then they tried to tell me that Walmart did not have the gun in stock so we will not match there price. So I called Walmart right there in front of the sales guy and low and behold the guy at Walmart told me yep we have 5 of them and quoted me the price. I then asked the Walmart salesman if he would please tell the person that I am handing the phone to what was in stock and for the price. He agreed to. I handed the phone to the GM salesman and the look on his face was priceless. :D That was strike one for them(GM).

Why didn't you buy it at WalMart?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby killakallies on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

I personally like Gander Mtn. they will price match anything that is in stock at a competitors and not on sale and plus when you can't find a gun you want they can always have it shipped from another store who has one. Someone mentioned that they try to push a protection plan? Well seeing as I have had to send my Taurus in to get repaired by their factory and had to pay $60 each way for shipping, insurance, and FFL fee's it would have been nice if I had a $29.99 protection plan for the firearm in order for them to go through all that fun instead of me.

And I always have found their prices on ammo and other things to be reasonable, anything I have ever bought from them was always under MSRP.

Just my opinion though haha each Gander store is totally different :D
killakallies

Postby Eleanor08 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 am

Ganders prices are not reasonable... Lol if you think they are..

And why would you have to pay for a new pistol to go back to the factory??

When my Sig had to go back they paid 2nd air shipping both ways.. Didn't cost me a dime.
Eleanor08

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat