Criminals can read.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Criminals can read.

Postby cobb on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:23 am

This was sent to me by my sister that lives in Virginia.

Surprise, surprise, the criminals can read and are taking advantage of that bit of their education.

Crime Alert.jpg

Click on the image to see a clear readable version.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Re: Criminals can read.

Postby Kelor on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 am

I'm dubious. If I were an anti-gun guy, I would like to see fewer stickers of the sort. This is one simple way to get that done.

Is this an April fools joke?
Kelor

Postby jgalt on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 am

And if you were a criminal looking for guns, you'd stake out the houses with those stickers and just do you darnedest to be sure no one is home when you break in...
jgalt

Postby cobb on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

Or see a car with all these stickers parked in a parking lot of a business that is posted they ban guns, what would you bet that would maybe in the glove compartment or center console?
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Kelor on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 am

No question. I just might be a little naive to believe that criminals are focussing on gun theft. Even the dumbest of the dumb would prefer jewelry, etc., wouldn't they? I am also naive enough to believe that those with stickers are more likely to lock up their guns and ammo when vacant of the property and have a better chance of locking up other valuables. Maybe that's just me.
Kelor

Postby Kelor on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 am

cobb wrote:Or see a car with all these stickers parked in a parking lot of a business that is posted they ban guns, what would you bet that would maybe in the glove compartment or center console?

Ahh, that's a good one.

I'm not a sticker guy, so I haven't exactly thought this through. I just see an opportunity for shenanigans with that announcement.
Kelor

Postby Hoot on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 am

72% of home burglaries occur when no one is at home. Their stickers and decals are at home, just not them. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Kelor on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 am

Hoot wrote:72% of home burglaries occur when no one is at home. Their stickers and decals are at home, just not them. :roll:

Hoot

Going down that road just a bit. If 1 in 4 burglaries occur when someone is home. I have to assume that having a sticker reduces your likelihood of being robbed when home then. If the entire goal is family protection, I think you could conclude that the stickers help that goal while they (maybe) reduce the secondary goal of protecting your stuff when you're not home.

I'm still not totally convinced that a sticker would increase burglary chances the other 72% of the time. I might have to do some digging.
Kelor

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 am

Real or not - the question for me is why do people feel the need to advertise their hobbies and interests on their vehicles? If they have repercussions from those stickers - they can blame their egos.

I could give a **** less whether your kid was an honor student or you love your schnauser. More narcissism - look at me, look at me I'm a scuba diver who loves whales and thinks all conservatives are idiots - whatever. Why do you think anyone else cares and if you truly love your hobby/political belief/dog choice/religious belief - awesome - just don't think putting it on you bumper is really going to change anyones mind or change the world. Some people like to join clubs just to tell others they belong - doesn't matter if they actually participate or care that much - they have proof they belong. I would venture to guess that well over half the NRA stickers you see are from people who joined for a year - 10 years ago- and claim they are a member - who's going to check.

Just silly - Just my opinion.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby DoxaPar on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am

Wait, people can have only jewelry or firearms but not both?
DoxaPar

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 am

I have a friend that back in the mid 80s had a sticker on his front door that sead this house is protected by Smith& Wesion with a revolver on it. Lost the gun when some one broke in. The only sticker on our house is the one the wife put on the door( save our pets).
Sorcerer

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 am

Needs editing for application of front door.
OldmanFCSA

Postby goalie on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Real or not - the question for me is why do people feel the need to advertise their hobbies and interests on their vehicles? If they have repercussions from those stickers - they can blame their egos.

I'll bet they open-carry too.....
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby mnmike59 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:20 pm

I think it's BS! They're making up this crap to help support their agenda. I can hear them now. (SEE gun owners are not any more safe than non gun owners, in fact they're targeted.)

I call Bullcrap.
Hmmmm, makes me wonder if I should take down my Twins sticker. I'd hate to have my Baseball stolen. :roll:
"Just remember boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes it doesn't mean you win."
Fox Mulder.
mnmike59

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:42 pm

I used to put my NRA stickers in the back window of my truck....then I quit for exactly the reason the OP posted. Never got robbed or anything, but why bring attention to myself?
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Next

Return to General Gun Chat