Colorado gun talk

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Colorado gun talk

Postby bobbydamit on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 am

Maybe we are unique, does anyone know if there is a CGT in Colorado. Or if anyone in our site has a list of what states have a " Gun Talk " forum like ours? I'm sure CA and IL and even NY would outlaw them if there were, but curious and have relatives there who are interested.
"The Devil Made Me Do It."
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Re: Colorado gun talk

Postby LarryP on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 am

LarryP

Postby bobbydamit on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 am

LarryP wrote:http://www.google.com :P

Thanks Larry I tried Dogpile and could not find a CO. one. I think they modeled theirs after ours. You should research a list and post it. :roll: or I should :?:
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Colorado gun talk

Postby Evad on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

I don't get any other local gun forums using that URL. I get a rather simplistic page with a search box.
Evad

Postby Hoot on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

I belong to CALGUNS. A very savvy and active forum. Yeah they all complain about the Bullet Button and the Condor Zone imposed upon them, but they're a dedicated group of shooters and experimenters, no different than you and I.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bobbydamit on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Evad wrote:

I don't get any other local gun forums using that URL. I get a rather simplistic page with a search box.

I got the CO one right away. Must not have pasted it right.

http://www.cogunowners.com/

I suspect there are many over the US. I will try TN next. See if they share our interests. And have great moderators like us. :D
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Postby Hmac on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:59 pm

bobbydamit wrote:I'm sure CA and IL and even NY would outlaw them if there were, but curious and have relatives there who are interested.

What? How would they be outlawed? You're saying that you're sure those states would censor the Internet in their states?
Hmac

Postby benny on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Speaking of Colarado, did I see it right that my favorite reality show"American Guns" IE the Gunsmoke gun shop in CO got raided and shut down by the feds??

I know that fake russian guy from down south got hit as well and both were due to them blowing up stuff on TV.

Why didn't they raid that guy who thinks he is a god of guns , Will from "sons of guns"???? All they ever do is work on weapons we the people could never own with out being a fed or related to one and they blew up all kinds of stuff with those weapons.

Benny
benny

Postby Prepared4Survival on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

I just came from Colorado.. If you lived their you would not even consider watching the show "American Guns." The forum I was on before coming here was https://www.ar-15.co/forum.php?s=302cee ... b4dcb1ca4a
Really nice guys did a build party one time and a few party shoots.
Prepared4Survival

Postby benny on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Prepared4Survival wrote:I just came from Colorado.. If you lived their you would not even consider watching the show "American Guns." The forum I was on before coming here was https://www.ar-15.co/forum.php?s=302cee ... b4dcb1ca4a
Really nice guys did a build party one time and a few party shoots.

Just courious why you would say no one from Colorado watches it in relation to the AR15 board? I used to go to that forum as well but all they ever did was talk about how bad a&& their AR was and mine was trash.

Benny
benny

Postby Tin Man on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 am

Hoot wrote:I belong to CALGUNS. A very savvy and active forum. Yeah they all complain about the Bullet Button and the Condor Zone imposed upon them, but they're a dedicated group of shooters and experimenters, no different than you and I.

Hoot

And don't forget the "Safe" Handgun Roster, but other than that a great site. I would not have been able to legally configure an AR when I was in CA without CALGUNS.
Tin Man

Postby bobbydamit on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

Hmac wrote:
bobbydamit wrote:I'm sure CA and IL and even NY would outlaw them if there were, but curious and have relatives there who are interested.

What? How would they be outlawed? You're saying that you're sure those states would censor the Internet in their states?

I will revise it to " I'm sure they would outlaw it if they could, in my umble opinion". Better??? :)
Geraldine
bobbydamit

Postby Prepared4Survival on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Just think of the worst gun shop you have been to in MN and double it.. Just very rude. They may be gun friendly, but were more about the money and business than into guns. Rich Wyatt is above anyone else.. well in his mind..

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/47733-Amer ... guns+wyatt
Here is just one thread about it with many many pages.. There were so many other guns shops in Colorado that were nice honest people that would rather help you than rip you off. It was just sad to see Gunsmoke be the ones to get on TV.. I didn't know personally the guys from Sons of Guns so that show is a little bit easier to watch.. except for all the scripted drama..

There are a ton of stories about Mr. Wyatt taking advantage of a people- guns that he took for really cheap.. that people didn't know what they were worth, but he was considered a gun appraiser as well in Colorado.. He was more of a Pawn Shop than most pawn shops..
Prepared4Survival

Postby Hmac on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:47 pm

bobbydamit wrote:
Hmac wrote:

I will revise it to " I'm sure they would outlaw it if they could, in my umble opinion". Better??? :)

Ridiculous.
Hmac

Postby benny on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Prepared4Survival wrote:Just think of the worst gun shop you have been to in MN and double it.. Just very rude. They may be gun friendly, but were more about the money and business than into guns. Rich Wyatt is above anyone else.. well in his mind..

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/47733-Amer ... guns+wyatt
Here is just one thread about it with many many pages.. There were so many other guns shops in Colorado that were nice honest people that would rather help you than rip you off. It was just sad to see Gunsmoke be the ones to get on TV.. I didn't know personally the guys from Sons of Guns so that show is a little bit easier to watch.. except for all the scripted drama..

There are a ton of stories about Mr. Wyatt taking advantage of a people- guns that he took for really cheap.. that people didn't know what they were worth, but he was considered a gun appraiser as well in Colorado.. He was more of a Pawn Shop than most pawn shops..

WOW. I liked that show just for two well make that three reasons,one was because they dealt with guns the average joe could own and shoot.

I dis like Sons of Guns because of what they did to the only true gunsmith they had on the show, but they did have some intertaining quality to see the cannons rocking.

Benny
benny

Return to General Gun Chat