Shooting at Ahlman's Saturday?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Shooting at Ahlman's Saturday?

Postby cmj685 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:54 am

Did anyone hear if there was an accidental shooting at Ahlman's Saturday? I was standing in line, waiting for to shoot the new XD(M) when the walkie talkie at the table next to me crackled to life and it sounded as though someone (one of the staff members) was calling for immediate help because he had just shot himself in the hand and it was bad. I had my earplugs in and the range next to me was really loud so I didn't hear it perfectly clearly but I think that is what I heard. Anyone hear or see anything...maybe somewhere between 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM Saturday?
Last edited by cmj685 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Re: Shooting at Ahlman's Saturday?

Postby rtk on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 am

Not to drift to far from your post but.....What did you think of the XDm
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby cmj685 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 am

rtk wrote:Not to drift to far from your post but.....What did you think of the XDm

I would be the first to confess to not being very discerning about guns. That's probably why I shoot Glocks! One pretty much feels like another to my untrained hands. So I won't give you all kinds of bull about the feel of the gun or the balance or .... The two things I noticed were: 1) I was surprised by how little recoil there was in the .40. It seemed about the same as my 9. I guess the 9 is not coming out yet for awhile according to the Springfield guy. 2) I didn't shoot any better with the XD than I do with my Glocks! :( I keep thinking there must be a magic solution that won't involve me practicing but every new gun that comes out doesn't seem to be that solution!
I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
cmj685

Postby Mo_the_Mouse on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:32 pm

You have to check the box for auto aim... :lol:
Mmmmm, bacontini.
Mo_the_Mouse

Postby Srigs on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

I was there and did not hear about anything like that and no one with their hand in a bandage on Sunday.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:46 pm

I was there on Sunday. Didn't hear any one talking about it. I was down by the 50 cal. closer to the lake where they were shooting a semi auto pistal and watched as a kid that was trying it out had his left thumb crossed behind and on top of his right hand, maybe a revolver style grip. The guy running the station never noticed and the kid got away with it with out a broken thumb or rail road tracks.
Sorcerer

Postby cobb on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Sorcerer wrote: closer to the lake where they were shooting a semi auto pistal and watched as a kid that was trying it out had his left thumb crossed behind and on top of his right hand, maybe a revolver style grip. The guy running the station never noticed and the kid got away with it with out a broken thumb or rail road tracks.

That happened a couple times on Saturday at that same station. Also if I remember right, that was the same station that you could pay money to shoot a Hi Point. :roll:

Enough said.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby BRIT_in_the_weeds on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 pm

cobb wrote:
Sorcerer wrote: closer to the lake where they were shooting a semi auto pistal and watched as a kid that was trying it out had his left thumb crossed behind and on top of his right hand, maybe a revolver style grip. The guy running the station never noticed and the kid got away with it with out a broken thumb or rail road tracks.

That happened a couple times on Saturday at that same station. Also if I remember right, that was the same station that you could pay money to shoot a Hi Point. :roll:

Enough said.

Bring your own ammo and Squidboy will gladly let you shoot his :twisted:
Far better it is to dare mighty things...than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat
T.Roosevelt 1899

Just me and the designated settee, in the weeds.8-)
Thread-F.U master Brit Pei Ying
1/ICC ;-) .1/ICC II.;-)
BRIT_in_the_weeds

Return to General Gun Chat