Safe Queens - Loaner Forum

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Safe Queens - Loaner Forum

Postby Greg on Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am

photogpat wrote:
Greg wrote:If I'm in town for the meet I can bring the 1919A4, a couple of Webleys and Enfields.

I doubt that they'll be happy with me firing the Bowling Ball mortar, but if they go for it I'll bring it!

I thought you used to fire that at the summer picnic every year! :D

True, and I have a good supply of balls and powder, but it's only 250 yards from the 100 yard range to the end of the trees and then it's out into a plowed field; I doubt the farmer would like 8 5/8th inch, 16 lb rocks falling out of the sky. My normal range is about 400 yards. If we have an event that has the range, I'll be happy to bring it and the 81 mm too.
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby BigDog58 on Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 am

I would be in for this. The only "interesting" gun I own is a 30 Carbine (not that rare) and I've let several people try it. As long as I get my brass back, anyone at the event is more than welcome to try any of my guns. Most are run of the mill weapons, but someone may have never fired a Glock 17 with trigger and spring mods, which will be new to them. I would bring reloaded ammo for each gun, and fully explain that it is RELOADED Ammo and then let them choose whether they prefer to shoot it or not.

Maybe anyone supplying reloaded ammo, should have the person using it, sign a waiver holding the owner Harmless, just in case there is a Litigation Happy Sole there. I know SSams position on this, but not everyone is as paranoid. I would and have Shot OldmanFCSA's handloads and did not hesitate for one second. And guess what, it performed BETTER than ANY Factory Ammo I have EVER shot!

Just my $.02 :bolt:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby bensdad on Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I have a good supply of balls

I got nothin'
bensdad

Safe Queens - Loaner Forum

Postby snlit3 on Fri May 24, 2013 12:14 am

I don't own anything someone else would desire shooting. Also, these cool guns you guys are talking about mean nothing to me. I'd probably like to watch though.
snlit3

Postby photogpat on Fri May 24, 2013 10:56 am

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43712

I'm willing to organize. OGC wants too much $$ to do an official event...so we'll keep it lower key.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat