Son of Guns

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Son of Guns

Postby LarryP on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Watch that show? What do you think of it.
The owner drives me crazy.
LarryP

Re: Son of Guns

Postby XDM45 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

LarryP wrote:Watch that show? What do you think of it.
The owner drives me crazy.

I think they need to combine that show with Count's Kustoms and Pawn Stars.... think of the outcome.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby benny on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 pm

It was good when they started it, but after they crapped on Vince it was all over for them. I agree totally with Vince that Will is or at least portrayed as a big bully who thinks he is gods gift to guns.

On another note but related, how can Sons of guns get away with blowing up stuff and not get the feds after them like American guns did? The feds shut them down but not SOG?? Yea I know it probably boils down to who had the proper paper work to do such things, but come on why let one show do it and not the other?

Benny
benny

Postby Scratch on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 am

I stopped watching it. I just can't stand Will's arrogant attitude.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Son of Guns

Postby AR-15collector on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 am

This season it quit being about the guns and became more about the people and the drama, right after Kris and Stephanie got married in season 3 it was over
Last edited by AR-15collector on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AR-15collector

Postby Nougat on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:15 am

so I have dishnetwork not directtv is it right that the internet says I won't see any reruns of american guns is that show cancelled?
Nougat

Postby goett047 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 am

It was decent. Now i Don't watch it
goett047

Postby Dustin Clays on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:37 am

strongly dislike the owner- treats his help like their a bunch of fools while he runs off to blow stuff up. Which is another thing I'm tired of- blowing stuff up. Does everything need to end that way? Even "Top Shot" has to have some type of explosion, but at least on that show it's triggered by a well place shot and NOT a pray and spray approach like Sons Of Guns.

However, I will say I do like the attention gun sports is getting via these shows- I just wish it wasn't so much of the red neck "Dat blowd up real good!" theatrics.
Dustin Clays

Postby gbono23 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:29 am

I liked the show in the last few seasons. This season hasn't been as good. I agree with someone else on here, once Kris and Stephanie got married the show changed. Now its more about relationships than guns. I like seeing things get blown up but they over do it, and in some stupid ways as well. I used to DVR it, now I don't even do that, if I think of it I will watch it either live or on xfinity.
gbono23

Postby BigBlue on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 am

I watch it occasionally but I'm not sure why. I really hate the way every delivery is a shoot-em-up with explosions. That portrays the wrong image of firearms to the general public. Average people unfamiliar with firearms will start to think that things blow up when you shoot them. As with many 'reality' shows, you can easily pick out the manufactured drama situations early on. Who couldn't see that the whole 'SOCOM barrel' thing was a faked urgent issue?

As others have said, the owner is a jackass. Too cocky and treats his staff like little kids.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Erik_Pakieser on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 am

Amos 'n Andy of gun shows.
Fight-focused defensive handgun, rifle, and shotgun training
http://www.qsitraining.net
http://www.facebook.com/qsifirearms
Erik_Pakieser

Postby wasfuzz on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:01 pm

It is my undersatnding Will doesn't have a FFL, it was Vince that had the FFL, then when he left the ex-teacher ponied up and got the FFL unknown if there is any truth to it or not, just saying. Oh and Will is a POS!!!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:27 pm

BigBlue wrote:I watch it occasionally but I'm not sure why. I really hate the way every delivery is a shoot-em-up with explosions. That portrays the wrong image of firearms to the general public. Average people unfamiliar with firearms will start to think that things blow up when you shoot them. As with many 'reality' shows, you can easily pick out the manufactured drama situations early on. Who couldn't see that the whole 'SOCOM barrel' thing was a faked urgent issue?

As others have said, the owner is a jackass. Too cocky and treats his staff like little kids.

BB

I've talked to one of the "cast members", and for sure 95% of the conflicts, imagined deadlines, and grumpy Will is written for the show. He isn't a bad guy, unless acting like a prick for money makes you a bad guy - and a lot of actors do that.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Son of Guns

Postby yuppiejr on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Things go boom, its WWE style "reality" television with guns, people get way too wound up about it... Better than yet another backyard makeover show.
Last edited by yuppiejr on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuppiejr

Postby thunderoussilence on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm

the owner is gonna need to be taught how to ride that bike. 2 times watched him almost wipe out.
thunderoussilence

Next

Return to General Gun Chat