Postby ranger on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry if this has posted elsewhere!
https://www.facebook.com/OsseoGunClub
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Re: New gun range coming to Osseo!

Postby Snakeman721 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Yep, they are looking at a "soft" opening for Black Friday. I will be one of the RSOs and got the tour yesterday...VERY impressive and hi tech! It should be a lot of fun!
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby ranger on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:22 am

Snakeman721 wrote:Yep, they are looking at a "soft" opening for Black Friday. I will be one of the RSOs and got the tour yesterday...VERY impressive and hi tech! It should be a lot of fun!

I stopped by there yesterday AM hoping to get a look around the facility. No such luck though. All I was able to do was ask a few questions. Sure looks like a nice place from what I saw at a distance though.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby Snakeman721 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Yep, they're still setting up and putting final touches on everything, so not open to the public yet. And for those that don't know about the place, it's a brand new building built from the ground up specifically as a gun range (as opposed to other gun ranges that use existing buildings) and it will have 20 shooting lanes at 25 yds...all high tech with cameras on your target so you know instantly where your shot went. There are no back benches on the line so there will be NO sweeping the area when people uncase their guns. There's a shelf under the platform at the firing line. It also has a very large classroom for carry classes and whatever, a virtual surround action room (I'm not sure I'm describing it right) to act out shooting scenarios, a large lounge area, a gunsmith on property, public bathrooms (some places don't have those and when you need to go...you need to go) and a full line gun store with ammo and accessories. They will also be renting guns for range use.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby tenmilmag on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Um. What's an RSO?
tenmilmag

Postby mmcnx2 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:55 pm

RSO = Range Safety Officer
mmcnx2

Postby ranger on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:01 am

Their website is now up and running.
http://www.osseogunclub.com/
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby 20mm on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 am

Cost for 1 person-1 lane is $29.00 add $17.00 for each additional person to a max of 3 people per lane reservation.

Prices above are per-hour.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby xd ED on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 am

They might not want to refer to themselves as " OGC ". It could cause some confusion.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby autobahn on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

A bit pricey for sure, but looks like a nice facility. I'll be happy to be able to avoid Bill's.
autobahn

Postby Snakeman721 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:29 pm

I went to the RSO training yesterday and got an in depth look at the shooting lanes. My mistake...there are "on target" cameras and video screens on only 10 lanes, not all 20. Sorry about that. The lane tables are steel with a shelf underneath to put your gun case or whatever. The tops have a nice thick rubber/plastic layer, so no scratching up your gun. Currently, shooting is from a standing position only, but I talked to the owner about getting some stools in for shooting from a seating postion. There should be something there to sit on by the time they open, but nothing behind the firing line. That was his big concern...having benches or chairs behind the line....he didn't want that and all the RSOs agreed it would be a bad idea. There are still some bugs to work out, but it should be a great facility once it's up and running.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Snakeman721 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:30 pm

xd ED wrote:They might not want to refer to themselves as " OGC ". It could cause some confusion.

Very true, as I'm a member at the "other" OGC too. :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Um. What's an "OGC"?
tenmilmag

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 am

tenmilmag wrote:Um. What's an "OGC"?

At the Oakdale Gun Club we refer that to being part of the Older Gun Crew, which SeismicSam leads.
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:03 am

tenmilmag wrote:Um. What's an "OGC"?

The precedent would be the Oakdale Gun Club., the largest such club in the state.

from the Osseo Gun Club's recently created webpage:
http://www.osseogunclub.com/classes---education.html
All of OGC classes are taught by experienced and certified professional instructors.Classes are held daily-- please see our calendar to schedule a class of interest.

​Individuals taking courses at OGC need to give 72 hours notice in order to cancel and receive a full refund, and no less than 24 hours to be able to reschedule their course with a $10.00 rescheduling fee. Individuals who do not cancel or reschedule prior the 24 hours notice, will not be refunded and will not be rescheduled. The 72 hour window allows OGC to contact customers who have been waiting to get into courses that have already been sold out.

from their pro shop
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat