Public Restroom Gun Shelf

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Public Restroom Gun Shelf

Postby Wiscosotan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:52 am

I stopped at my local Kwik Trip this morning to get gas and use the men's room. I found, to my surprise, that they have installed a handy flip-down gun shelf in the stall. It is right within arm's reach while one is sitting on the pot. I was able to flip down the shelf, unsnap my IWB holster and set my rig on it while I went about my business. It's much better than trying to set my gun on the tank behind me, laying it on the floor, or hanging it by the trigger guard from the stall door hook. :o

Apparently the shelf also has a secondary use as a child seat and restraint. At least that's how it's labeled... ;)
Wiscosotan

Re: Public Restroom Gun Shelf

Postby Pat Cannon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:31 am

Heh, don't know if that's a good idea. I think people will be accidentally leaving their kids there.
Pat Cannon

Postby gunsmith on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 am

Pat Cannon wrote:Heh, don't know if that's a good idea. I think people will be accidentally leaving their kids there.

The kid might accidentally discharge if they fell off the shelf.
gunsmith

Postby Grandpa Rex on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:39 am

I have discovered that kids can discharge most anywhere. They don't need to fall off the shelf.

Once I had one discharge while I was repositioning it!
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Grandpa Rex

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 am

Are you saying you pick up your firearm before washing your hands? :o I leave mine by the sink :D
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby FJ540 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:44 am

I leave mine on my belt, on my pants, no touching needed...

Why would you take your holster off to do your duty?
FJ540

Postby jshuberg on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am

Its best to leave your pistol holstered when taking a carp if at all possible. If you have to remove your holster, I wouldn't put it on the tank, it would be too easy to forget if you're preoccupied, or fall of and slide under the stall and freak the bejezus out of the guy next to you. There have been numerous reports of cops leaving their guns behind in public restrooms, so it can and does happen. Don't be that guy!

The best place I've found to put your holster/gun while enjoying the throne is inside your pants at your ankles. It's off the floor, easily accessible, won't fall and get dinged, can't be forgotten, and remains at the ready in case the bad thing happens while your pinching a loaf :D
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Pat Cannon on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 pm

jshuberg wrote:Its best to leave your pistol holstered when taking a carp if at all possible.

This applies to walleye and northern pike as well. I'm sure this is the cause of many of the boating accidents I've read about on this and other gun forums.
Pat Cannon

Return to General Gun Chat