Gander emailing ammo supply reports

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Gander emailing ammo supply reports

Postby LarryP on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Got a few emails from Gander Mtn updating what ammo is at what store. Very nice! Great idea
LarryP

Re: Gander emailing ammo supply reports

Postby Vikingsfan93 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Hey Larry how did you get on this mailing list? This sounds very helpful.
Vikingsfan93

Postby LarryP on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Don't really remember. Maybe sign up on their website, must be on there
LarryP

Postby grousemaster on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Do they include prices in the emails?
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby smurfman on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:01 pm

grousemaster wrote:Do they include prices in the emails?

No, but if you have to ask you can't afford it. From anyplace else that phrase would be pretentious and ostentatious but for GM, merely true.
smurfman

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:45 pm

You sign up on their website. I've been getting for several weeks now, and they are fairly accurate (at least the Eden Praire report is).
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Seismic Sam on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:08 am

As I have said recently, this may actually be a sign that the ammo shortage is starting to break. The vaunted Gouger Mountain, who previously had ammo but didn't bother tell anybody because they knew that the desperate people out there would come to them with enough money to choke a small horse have now actually decided to kow-tow to the customer to get the same outrageous sums. Boy, it must hurt like hell for those people at GM to be forced to the depths of actually having to act like they give a s**t about their customers. While I know it's unlikely, the fact that the newly remodeled and fully open Oakdale Gun Club just across the freeway who DO have ammo for paying customers, and also have an OGC store for members where you can order ammo and pay only 10% over cost (and those prices are phenomenal!) when it comes in may have a little something to do with this. In years past before Sandy Hook we just sent everybody to Gander because our public prices weren't that great, but no more.

So do you REALLY want to be on an EM list where you can find out when you can go in and plunk down X sawbucks to take it up the 'chute to buy ammo at the highest price in the TC Metro?? And yes, I have the right to bitch and harass GM unless you don't think the 1A covers that, so don't give me the old "don't shop there" soft soap. That's BS and misdirection.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Tronster on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:40 pm

The only thing keeping the firearm departments open at Gouger Mountain is a steady supply of newbs and the unprepared.
Tronster

Postby dronning on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Tronster wrote:The only thing keeping the firearm departments open at Gouger Mountain is a steady supply of newbs and the unprepared.

And they have stuff in stock that I want. I have bought several handguns that were nowhere to be found but GM had them and the price was maybe 50 bux higher than I wanted to pay - but I wasn't willing to wait either so they got my money. I have only walked away from one handgun I wanted where only GM had it in stock and that was because it had a Crimson Trace Laser on it and I didn't want the laser.

Dave
NRA Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
MRRA - Life Member
NRA - Life Member

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
~ Ben Franklin
dronning

Return to General Gun Chat